MFGG Forums
Addictions - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Addictions (/showthread.php?tid=435)

Pages: 1 2

Addictions - Mariotroid - 02-02-2018

Hey so I'm wondering... I used to smoke and now I do on occasion. As of late I started drinking pop. I gained 30 pounds but quit smoking. It's a great feeling to be breathing better air. Does anyone here stuggle with addictions of any kind? 

I find theyre easier to deal with as im maturing. (I even don't overeat anymore. I support you if you're trying to cut back on unhealthy things. Good luck and stay strong!

RE: Addictions - VinnyVideo - 02-02-2018

I'm not addicted to anything, although there's always room for improvement in the healthy eating department.

RE: Addictions - Nite Shadow - 02-02-2018

Well I certainly don't have a problem with addiction, I'm really quite good at it.
In all honesty though, My only major addiction is to caffeine.

I do like the taste of Whiskey. But that isn't something I absolutely must have at all hours of the day.

RE: Addictions - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-02-2018

I have an immediate family member who struggled with addiction to drugs and alcohol. It broke us apart for a while but things have gotten much better. I'm not yet of the age where I can drink legally in the US, but even when I am I'm not sure that I'll be drinking much. I doubt I never will, but that whole situation has scared me away from it a bit.

RE: Addictions - Nite Shadow - 02-02-2018

(02-02-2018, 02:07 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: I have an immediate family member who struggled with addiction to drugs and alcohol. It broke us apart for a while but things have gotten much better. I'm not yet of the age where I can drink legally in the US, but even when I am I'm not sure that I'll be drinking much. I doubt I never will, but that whole situation has scared me away from it a bit.

I hear ya there buddy. Most of my family outside of my immediate family had the same problem.

RE: Addictions - Hyper - 02-02-2018

I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey around 2 years ago. I am proud of my actions of quitting.

RE: Addictions - Mors - 02-03-2018

I'm only addicted to memes

RE: Addictions - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-03-2018

(02-03-2018, 04:44 PM)Mors Wrote: I'm only addicted to memes

That's the worst addiction you could have please go to rehab.

RE: Addictions - Syaxamaphone - 02-03-2018

I'm addicted to the approval of my peers

RE: Addictions - darkblueyoshi - 02-03-2018

Caffeine is my life.

RE: Addictions - Retriever II - 02-05-2018

(02-02-2018, 11:04 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I'm not addicted to anything, although there's always room for improvement in the healthy eating department.

Pretty much this.

My small victory a couple years ago was replacing the soda habit with seltzer.

RE: Addictions - Nessa - 02-07-2018

i smoke regularly

RE: Addictions - OssieTheOstrich - 02-08-2018

(02-07-2018, 09:12 PM)sl0shy Wrote: i smoke regularly
Then say goodbye to your lungs and teeth then because smoking causes the lungs to become less efficient.

RE: Addictions - Mariotroid - 02-08-2018

@sl0shy, if you quit smoking, be prepared for weight gain.

I can't believe I've put on so much weight since quitting smoking, my coworker said something about that earlier today. Made me feel awkward, oh well.

RE: Addictions - Hyper - 02-08-2018

I agree that I gained few pounds after quitting. But I have started to peform light exercise (on a realistic manner) to reduce weight.

RE: Addictions - Vitiman - 02-08-2018

I'm always reminded of this when people start talking about cigarettes

RE: Addictions - Yoshin - 02-08-2018

I used to have an addiction to licking metal. It was odd and I didn't know why I was doing it, it went away one day and I still to this day have no idea why I was addicted to it, but every 3 minutes I had to be licking a piece of metal or have it in my mouth.

RE: Addictions - Mariotroid - 02-08-2018

(02-08-2018, 03:23 AM)Yoshin Wrote: I used to have an addiction to licking metal. It was odd and I didn't know why I was doing it, it went away one day and I still to this day have no idea why I was addicted to it, but every 3 minutes I had to be licking a piece of metal or have it in my mouth.

Drugs my friend, drugs.

RE: Addictions - Nessa - 02-08-2018

(02-08-2018, 12:29 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 09:12 PM)sl0shy Wrote: i smoke regularly
Then say goodbye to your lungs and teeth then because smoking causes the lungs to become less efficient.
i knew one of u would get on ur high horse. reminder that this isnt the look down on ppl thread

RE: Addictions - VinnyVideo - 02-08-2018

@Mariotroid On average, people who quit smoking gain about 10 additional pounds, but gaining a small amount of weight is less harmful than continuing to smoke.

@Sl0shy Nonsmokers shouldn't "look down" on people who smoke, but it's totally reasonable to be concerned for smokers' health - an overwhelming body of evidence suggests that using tobacco significantly increases the risk of various health problems. Quitting smoking isn't easy, but if you can quit, you'll be healthier and you'll probably feel better.

@Yoshin That's an interesting one. If you were addicted to licking metal, and this desire suddenly went away one day, it makes me wonder if you had iron deficiency anemia or a similar deficiency. If this problem ever recurs, it might be a good idea to talk to a doctor about it.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.