MFGG Forums
We're getting a new Mario movie - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: We're getting a new Mario movie (/showthread.php?tid=437)

We're getting a new Mario movie - BMatSantos - 02-02-2018

It has been rumored for quite some time, but yesterday, it was confirmed by Nintendo.

Personally I'm hopeful for this movie; considering Miyamoto is directly involved in this, I don't think the live-action fiasco will happen again. And honestly I don't see Illumination as much of a pile-show as everyone else.

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Saltman - 02-02-2018

[Image: yes-1.jpg]

I hope waluigi is the main antagonist.

Also, it'd be weird for them not to talk at all in a 2 hour long movie. Will the characters have a lot of dialogue?

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-02-2018

I don't particularly love any of Illumination's films - in fact I dislike most of them - but I hope they do a good job. I can't imagine Mario having full dialogue though.

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Mariotroid - 02-02-2018

Nice!! Just not that I'm developing the Mario Movie Game I really hope I don't get a cease and desist by Nintendo.. (you know cause people would find my game through searching "Mario Movie" in google )

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Zero Kirby - 02-02-2018

God, I hate Illumination. Out of all the animated film companies, why'd Nintendo have to pick that one?

Granted they're in the middle of a merge with DreamWorks, I believe, so hopefully they get some of that talent working on this project, but still, argh, it's frustrating.

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Mr. Yoshbert - 02-02-2018

(02-02-2018, 06:26 PM)Zero Kirby Wrote: Out of all the animated film companies, why'd Nintendo have to pick that one?
I'm guessing they chose them out of convenience.  Illumination is a division of Universal, and Nintendo's got a theme park deal going with Universal Studios, so they probably thought "why the hell not".

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Nessa - 02-03-2018

kek. i cant believe u are all falling for this. its obv fake xD

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Mors - 02-03-2018

yeah someone hacked into nintendo of america's twitter account obviously

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Saltman - 02-03-2018

What's so bad about illumination? ? I remembet having watched Despicable Me once and it was pretty funny. They are also the ones who created the let it grow song which is now one of the most memetic songs ever.

I'm no the kind of guy who watches lots of kid movies anyway so maaaaaaybe there's something i don't know that you guys do.

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Syaxamaphone - 02-03-2018

To be honest I'm a little more concerned about Miyamoto's involvement than Illumination. After hearing all those horror stories from the more recent Mario RPGs I don't know if I trust the man to be in charge of a story.

It'll be no 90s Mario but to be fair its hard to make something that perfect twice.

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-03-2018

(02-03-2018, 05:31 PM)Saltman Wrote: What's so bad about illumination? ? I remembet having watched Despicable Me once and it was pretty funny. They are also the ones who created the let it grow song which is now one of the most memetic songs ever.

I'm no the kind of guy who watches lots of kid movies anyway so maaaaaaybe there's something i don't know that you guys do.

Most people would agree that Illumination has a pretty mediocre to bad track record with their animations. The minions are bad, but them aside Illumination is also responsible for movies like The Lorax, Secret Life of Pets, and Sing, all of which were, in my opinion, extremely forgetful or just plain awful to sit through. Their films don't have the appeal that films from studios like Pixar do. I'd have been more comfortable with Dreamworks but even then they're pretty hit or miss, and recently they've been mostly miss.

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Mariotroid - 02-03-2018

(02-03-2018, 06:02 PM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: To be honest I'm a little more concerned about Miyamoto's involvement than Illumination. After hearing all those horror stories from the more recent Mario RPGs I don't know if I trust the man to be in charge of a story.

It'll be no 90s Mario but to be fair its hard to make something that perfect twice.

1 Up'd. The 90's Mario Bros. Movie is the best thing ever. People might call it bad but I disagree.

I never heard of the horror stories I'll need to look it up. I'm slightly hopeful for the film.

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Nessa - 02-04-2018

(02-03-2018, 04:43 PM)Mors Wrote: yeah someone hacked into nintendo of america's twitter account obviously
nintendo is from japan xD. this is not official if its 'nintendo of america.' u need to evaluate ur source so u dont get duped

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - The Dark Warrior - 02-04-2018

I have zero interest in the new film. Very likely to be another cash cow in a sea of many.

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - recent - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 12:32 PM)sl0shy Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 04:43 PM)Mors Wrote: yeah someone hacked into nintendo of america's twitter account obviously
nintendo is from japan xD. this is not official if its 'nintendo of america.' u need to evaluate ur source so u dont get duped

i seriously hope youre joking

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 12:32 PM)sl0shy Wrote:

The main headquarters are in Japan but there are multiple international divisions, one of them being Nintendo of America. Nintendo of America is real.

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Nessa - 02-04-2018

edit: ok im dumb i disnt read the last post
i didnt know this im sry

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-04-2018

Okay.

RE: We're getting a new Mario movie - Zero Kirby - 02-05-2018

(02-02-2018, 08:14 PM)Mr. Yoshbert Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 06:26 PM)Zero Kirby Wrote: Out of all the animated film companies, why'd Nintendo have to pick that one?
I'm guessing they chose them out of convenience.  Illumination is a division of Universal, and Nintendo's got a theme park deal going with Universal Studios, so they probably thought "why the hell not".

DreamWorks Animation is also owned by Universal now, though. And I'd say their track record's a heck of a lot better than Illumination's.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.