MFGG Forums
DEMO Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival (RELEASED) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: DEMO Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival (RELEASED) (/showthread.php?tid=446)

Pages: 1 2 3

Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival (RELEASED) - TheHappyFaceKing - 02-03-2018

[Image: K8BOwgw.png]

Remember that cancelled 2D Luigi's Mansion fan game by Zdude684 aka Shadow Kami, Ken Martin, SonicProject, MarioSonicCouncil, and TravixMan? 
I managed to get my hands on the game in an open-source state, I'm not going to say how, but for the past 4 weeks I made some sufficient progress on the game by adding more rooms, ghosts, and features.

I decided to start reviving this project because I have faith in it and I don't think it deserves to be cancelled.

List of stuff I added to the game so far:
  • 4 Portrait ghosts
  • Shy guy ghosts
  • Grabbing ghosts
  • Elemental ghosts
  • Basher ghost
  • Bats
  • 25 new rooms
  • Ghost waves
  • Rooms light up after clearing them
  • Keys appear on the map to tell you where to go
  • Several new particle effects
  • Lightning element
  • New collectibles
  • Text boxes
  • Title Screen
  • Controller Support
  • Inventory

Videos:

LM2D (Revival) Wiki page: https://wiki.mfgg.net/index.php?title=Luigi%27s_Mansion_2D_(Revival)

DOWNLOAD

RE: LM2D Revival - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-03-2018

Nice! I'd really like to see this become a full game.

RE: LM2D Revival - GamerInGeorgia - 02-03-2018

This looks great! Keep up the good work!

RE: LM2D Revival - Friendly Dictator - 02-04-2018

(02-03-2018, 10:45 PM)TheHappyFaceKing Wrote: I managed to get my hands on the game in an open-source state, I'm not going to say how,
did
did you decompile it

RE: LM2D Revival - Vitiman - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 12:21 AM)Friendly Dictator Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 10:45 PM)TheHappyFaceKing Wrote: I managed to get my hands on the game in an open-source state, I'm not going to say how,
did
did you decompile it
Don't be silly! No one would decompile an old, unfinished game in a vain effort to finish it, all without permission from the original developers!

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - smbmaster99 - 02-05-2018

Looks really good! I as really let down when the old dev had to scrap it. I say keep going =P

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - T-man - 02-05-2018

Wow, this looks pretty dang sweet. I'd love to try it out.

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - Pedigree - 02-05-2018

I don't remember being involved with the project but I'd say go for it as long as the original work is still credited.

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - luigim1 - 02-05-2018

Looks good.

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - TheHappyFaceKing - 02-12-2018

Good news guys! The first demo will be coming out around march!

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - GamerInGeorgia - 02-12-2018

I am looking forward to it!

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - TheHappyFaceKing - 02-20-2018

The inventory is looking good so far!Big Grin
[Image: PD2m9SP.png]

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - WWpl4y3r - 02-20-2018

I must ask, are you using any list of portrait ghosts, like the one that went with the old project? If not, do you need some help?

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - TheHappyFaceKing - 02-21-2018

(02-20-2018, 09:22 PM)WWpl4y3r Wrote: I must ask, are you using any list of portrait ghosts, like the one that went with the old project? If not, do you need some help?
No, i'm using my own list of portrait ghost, like I said in one of my youtube videos, "i'm going to be taking this project in my own direction".
Also what do you think you can help me with?

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - WWpl4y3r - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 12:15 AM)TheHappyFaceKing Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 09:22 PM)WWpl4y3r Wrote: I must ask, are you using any list of portrait ghosts, like the one that went with the old project? If not, do you need some help?
No, i'm using my own list of portrait ghost, like I said in one of my youtube videos, "i'm going to be taking this project in my own direction".
Also what do you think you can help me with?

I mean, on the old project, I helped with "puzzle-like" concepts for Portrait Ghosts - Like Juliet Sapphire(a girl who likes sparkly gems, and got "trapped" inside a giant crystal after a cave-in), the "Suicidal Tree"(An antithesis of the "Super Happy Tree" that features all the Yoshi's that got dropped into lava or bottomless pits - Of course they'd be kinda angry.)...

I remember two more, one involving an abandoned playground in the woods - Where you should find a way to "trap" the boss into the toys for weakening him, and another one where you had to fix this abandoned shack to put one's soul at ease.
Some of the newest concepts I'm using for my own project, though. But I can whip up some ideas for portrait ghosts, if needed. Hit me with the theme and I can come up with something.

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - Mariotroid - 02-21-2018

This is a really cool project. I' excited for this.

Still never played the original Luigis mansion.

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - MC Jimmy - 02-23-2018

This looks pretty cool. That was probably one of my favorite games for the cube.

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - TheHappyFaceKing - 02-23-2018

Just a quick update, The LM2D demo might take another month due to me having a little trouble figuring out how to do certain stuff.

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - TheHappyFaceKing - 02-25-2018

A new portrait ghost is here! Can you guess who it is?

[Image: cfomqPh.png]

RE: Luigi's Mansion 2D Revival - TheHappyFaceKing - 02-27-2018

Almost done!  Big Grin

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.