MFGG Forums
How seriously do you take your game projects? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: How seriously do you take your game projects? (/showthread.php?tid=470)

How seriously do you take your game projects? - Mariotroid - 02-07-2018

This dawned on me the other day: I might be taking game development and game dev too seriously. I spend all day playing and developing games on my days off; think about games and development on my days at work and sometimes dream of development... I might have a problem. 

How seriously do you dudes and dudeettes take your game development?

RE: How seriously do you take your game projects? - littlelum - 02-07-2018

I'm kinda weird on how I do it, but on some days I spend as much time as I can, but in most I completely forget and then later I'll feel guilty about it

RE: How seriously do you take your game projects? - Willsaber - 02-08-2018

As an aspiring commercial game developer, I'm currently taking my game development more seriously now than ever before. Consistently, I'm working on at least one of two games every day that I'm not over-encumbered with school-work. Fortunately, that is most days, so I'm very active and my self-confidence accordingly stronger than ever before. I feel a compulsion to finish at least one of these projects before I am 19, because I plan on getting an internship then, and certainly both before I am 21 or 22, when I'll be out of university and wanting to work professionally.

I feel really terrible when I don't accomplish anything creative with my day. Even if it's not game development, I need to write an essay, or draw a sketch, or experiment with some other artistic skill--or at the very least, experience some good art, of which there is precious little that crosses my path. All my favorite content creators are super prolific, especially my absolute-favorite, DigiBro. They're the kind of people I aspire to be when I'm an adult, so I take a lot of their advice pertaining to content creation and developing skillsets.

RE: How seriously do you take your game projects? - VinnyVideo - 02-08-2018

It depends. Sometimes I'll go months without making significant progress on my games, but when I'm "in the zone", I might spend a few hours a day working on my project.

However, since all of my games are either freeware fangames or indie games that I don't plan to sell, I tend to view game development as a fun thing to do, rather than a job or a portfolio of work I could use to get a job.

RE: How seriously do you take your game projects? - Arkenova - 02-08-2018

It usually depends. I just go by a pace.

Though, with the current game project going on with me, one can say that it's ambitious as frick.

RE: How seriously do you take your game projects? - HylianDev - 02-08-2018

Spoopy Maryo was, well, to paraphrase Jonathan Blow, a game into which I put my deepest flaws and vulnerabilities.

I laid my soul out onto that Flash 8 canvas, and I wrote the deepest, most meaningful code of my life. It was my Magnum Opus, to be absolutely certain.

I'll never achieve something so great again for as long as I live, but I do my very best with every effort. Or maybe they were just really lazy and I don't put much effort at all into fangames.

RE: How seriously do you take your game projects? - Syaxamaphone - 02-08-2018

Making video games is my life

RE: How seriously do you take your game projects? - OssieTheOstrich - 02-09-2018

Very, Very, VERY SERIOUSLY!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.