MFGG Forums
THE RESOURCE TOPIC - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: THE RESOURCE TOPIC (/showthread.php?tid=491)

Pages: 1 2

THE RESOURCE TOPIC - Gate - 02-13-2018

LINK TO THE OLD THREAD: https://phpbb.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12077

ENGINES (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK):

Game Maker Studio / Y/N Gatete Mario Engine: Anniversary Edition (*)
Game Maker 8 + Game Maker Studio / Y/NHello Mario Engine (*)
Game Maker Studio / Y/N / Mario Worlds Engine 2 (*)
Game Maker Studio / Y/N / Super Leaf Engine (*)
Game Maker 8 / YES / Supernova Mario Engine 3 (*)
Game Maker 8 / YES / Supernova Mario Engine 4 (*)

TUTORIALS:

Game Maker 8 / YES / Bibby RPG Engine (*)
Game Maker StudioY/N Fusion Engine (*)
Game Maker 8 + Game Maker Studio / Y/N Mario & Luigi-style Thwomp (*)
Game Maker 8 + Game Maker Studio / Y/N SMB2 Slot Lottery Minigame Example (*)
Game Maker 8 + Game Maker Studio / Y/N SMW Vertical Scrolling Camera (*)
Game Maker Studio / Y/N Sniper Joe Example (*)
Game Maker 8 + Game Maker Studio / Y/N Sound & Music Volume Adjuster (*)
Game Maker Studio 1.4 / 2 / YESSurface-Less Screen Transition Effect (*)
Game Maker Studio 1.4 / 2 YES / Zelda Hearts System Example (*)

SCRIPTS:

Game Maker Studio 1.4 / 2 / NO / move_contact_object(dir, maxdist, object)

SHADERS:

(To be added)

DLL / EXTENSIONS:

(To be added)

RECORDING SOFTWARE

LICEcap
Open Broadcaster Software (OBS)
ScreenToGif

GAME DEVELOPMENT TOOLS

Clickteam Fusion 2.5
Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (Free Edition / HTML5)
Construct Classic
Construct 2
Construct 3
Corona

Game Maker Studio 2
Godot Engine
RPG Maker
Stencyl

Unity
Unreal Engine 4

At the end of each resource, you can see either one of the following terms:

YES: This means that the resource can be used with the paid version of the specified program
NO: This means that the resource can be used with the free version of the specified program
Y/N: This means that the resource can be used with both paid and free versions of the specified program

If you see (*) next to one of the above, this means that the program or one of the programs needed to use said resource is not purchasable anymore.

ENGINE / TUTORIAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Code:
[size=small]Name: <name>[/size][size=small]Program: <program>[/size][size=small]Paid: <Does the resource need a paid version of the program to work correctly?>[/size]

SCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Code:
[size=small]Name: <name>[/size][size=small]Program: <program>[/size][size=small]Code: <code>[/size][size=small]Paid: <Does the script need a paid version of the program to work correctly?>[/size]

SHADER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Code:
[size=small]Name: <name>[/size][size=small]Program: <program>[/size][size=small]Fragment: <code>[/size][size=small]Vertex: <code>[/size][size=small]Paid: <Does the shader need a paid version of the program to work correctly?>[/size]

Don't be shy and post something Wink

RE: ENGINE / TUTORIAL TOPIC - YoshisIsland3 - 02-13-2018

Nice, we have a new engine topic.

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - sc00pj0hn - 02-13-2018

I feel like Gatete's Engines will be added first in the Engines section... y'know, it's Gatete who's organizing the thread.

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - VinnyVideo - 02-13-2018

My Bibby RPG Engine is an RPG engine designed for GM 8.0, but it should run in GM Studio with a small amount of tweaking. I don't remember whether it requires the paid version.

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - sc00pj0hn - 02-13-2018

(02-13-2018, 10:06 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: My Bibby RPG Engine is an RPG engine designed for GM 8.0, but it should run in GM Studio with a small amount of tweaking. I don't remember whether it requires the paid version.

I checked that out but it seemed pretty barebones to me since i don't think i've ever saw a game using that.

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - VinnyVideo - 02-13-2018

@sc00pj0hn I'm making a game using it! However, there are a few reasons why you might not see a lot of people use it:

1. It takes a lot more time to make an RPG than a platformer, so you don't see as many RPGs.
2. I've only shared it on MFGG, and not many MFGGers have made RPGs.
3. People who do want to make RPGs are more likely to use RPG Maker than GM.
4. It's not 100% bug-free.

Also, I have a special gift for people ignoring anything I put effort into. But that's another story for another day.

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - Hello - 02-13-2018

Name: Hello Mario Engine
Program: GameMaker: Studio 1.4
Author: Hello Fangaming
Paid: No if you already downloaded it before a certain date, yes otherwise.

Name: Hello Mario Engine Legacy
Program: GameMaker 8.x
Author: Hello Fangaming
Paid: Yes

Link for both: https://hellofangaming.github.io/HelloMarioEngine/

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - Gate - 02-21-2018

Added some more resources in the OP

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - kremling - 02-21-2018

Could Godot Engine be added under Game Development Tools too?

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - Gate - 02-22-2018

(02-21-2018, 02:57 PM)kremling Wrote: Could Godot Engine be added under Game Development Tools too?

Sure

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - smbmaster99 - 02-26-2018

Here's a sniper Joe example I made for funs and also for some people i'm friends with irl who are getting into Game Maker. It's full of comments to make following and understanding it simple. It features Sniper Joe, who hops in place, shoots his gun, and raises his shield. When his HP runs out, he has a traditional MegaMan style death, and a new Sniper Joe spawns to take his place.

Made for/using GMStudio 1.4; Requires the paid version (uses sprite scaling functions and alpha changing functions)

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - Q-Nova - 06-21-2018

I have submitted a few tutorials to MFGG that I think would be good to include here. They all use Game Maker 8.1 and Game Maker: Studio so far, though, while I've never tried Game Maker: Studio 2, I'm sure they can work in that program as well with few to no modifications. Here's a link to each one of them:

SMW Vertical Scrolling Camera
Mario & Luigi-style Thwomp
SMB2 Slot Lottery Minigame
Sound and Music Volume Adjuster

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - Gate - 06-22-2018

Sorry for the laaaaaaate update, but I added the recently posted examples.

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - PixelatedIvan - 06-26-2018

How about that smooth camera example you did once for the tut section? Why not add that?

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - smbmaster99 - 03-25-2019

Zelda Hearts System Example

Requirements:

Game Maker Studio 1.4 / Game Maker Studio 2

NOTE: Paid/licensed version(s) required; this example uses "-ext" drawing functions to perform sprite scaling.

Several years ago I wrote a Zelda-style hearts system where the hearts were divided into quarters (since for some reason no examples of that exist on the internet). It worked well, but was HORRIBLY coded. I needed a break from all the studying I've had to do over the last few weeks, and decided it was time to fix my old mistake, and wrote a new one from scratch, and it's very simple and looks pretty good if y'all don't mind me saying so Laughing

[Image: 0Z7PHe2.gif]

It's full of comments/documentation to make following it easy

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - smbmaster99 - 04-01-2019

Surface-less Screen Transition Effect

Requirements: Game Maker Studio 1.4 / Game Maker Studio 2 (Licensed version of either; uses image scaling)

This tutorial demonstrates how to make a screen transition effect without using surfaces

[Image: a3QmNHe.gif]

It was originally written for some irl friends who were just getting into game maker so some of the comments/documentation are a bit trivial, but it should still prove useful and easy to customize

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - OssieTheOstrich - 04-02-2019

A Construct 2 remake of the first world of Super Mario Bros.

Requirements: Construct 2 / Construct 3 (You need to have the licensed version of either so certain features will work, or if you want to make a fangame out of this.)

Thought I put this here since I've used this for a few years since it's been super helpful for my projects, due to it being pretty accurate.

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - Princess Peach - 04-09-2019

My Personal Favorite engine would probably be Unity, and therefore I'd like both a 3d and 2d Mario engine on that.

Here are some of my preferences for it:
  • As many playable characters as possible (most likely all of the main ones as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Daisy, Rosalina, etc.).
  • All possible features from the 3d and 2d Mario games (basically no stone unturned).
The engine(s) that I requested probably won't have all the features I'd like in them, but the basics should be enough.

Also, this should help a lot of other users wanting to make a Mario game with another's engine, especially if that got put up in the Engines section of The Resource Topic itself. (Probably not likely, but it's worth an effort. Smile )

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - smbmaster99 - 04-09-2019

Your request is a shade outrageous. You should probably also be made aware this isn't a request thread; It's a thread where users post resources they have either made or found useful, not because they were asked to.

RE: THE RESOURCE TOPIC - Gate - 07-11-2019

Updated original post with the following stuff

- 2 new development engines
- 3 new recording software

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.