MFGG Forums
ART RESOURCE TOPIC! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ART RESOURCE TOPIC! (/showthread.php?tid=500)

ART RESOURCE TOPIC! - sc00pj0hn - 02-14-2018

It's time to rip-off Gatete's GAME DEV RESOURCE TOPIC and make it ARTZ!! leleellelelelelelee
Ok let's get on the point. This is gonna be a central topic about sharing most art-related resources as possible, not that infact i'm not the best artist while Gatete's really good to developing games that he did a topic related to game development resources. Unlike Gatete's Game dev resource topic, this topic has a much more open flexiblity into adding related content into categories, such as a different description template for each category. In any forms regarding art, the following type of art can be allowed:
  • Digital drawing
  • Traditional drawing
  • 2d Animation
  • 3d modelling and animation

So, let's begin.

ART PROGRAMS:
Any art-related program can go here, including free, open source and paid programs.

[b]BRUSHES/PROGRAM RESOURCES:
Brushes, textures and add-ons for specific programs.

TUTORIALS:
Tutorials that teach you on drawing/working on a specific thing. Pretty much some tutorials are universal to any art program, especially Anatomy, Basic Drawing, Perspective, etc.
[/b]

Here are the templates for each category to submit:

[b]ART PROGRAM:
[/b]
Code:
[b]Name: [/b]Name of art program
[size=small][b]Company: [/b]Company whoever did the program[/size]
[size=small][b]Price: [/b]If the software is paid, please put a correct price of the software, if the software has multiple versions, you can separate the prices with a comma, with each price being described by its version. Otherwise, if the software is free, put "FREE".[/size]
[size=small][b]Description: [/b]A short, summarized description of the program. I'd recommend to make a original summary of the program based on your experiences, but i will not stop you from referencing from a wikipedia article, unless you decide to put in a big wall of text.[/size]

[b]BRUSHES/PROGRAM RESOURCE:[/b]
Code:
[b]Name: [/b]Name of resource.
[size=small][b]Company/Author: [/b]Owner of the resource.[/size]
[size=small][b][size=small]For which program?: [/size][/b][size=small]Really required. Put the name of the program that can be used with this resource. Some resources are universal to all the art programs available.[/size][/size]
[size=small][b]Price: [/b]Incase the resource seems to have a price set, be sure to put one aswell, otherwise, like most of the add-ons available, put "FREE" on this field.[/size]
[size=small][b]Description: [/b]A short, summarized description of the resource. I'd recommend to make a original summary of the program based on your experiences, but i will not stop you from referencing from a wikipedia article, unless you decide to put in a big wall of text.[/size]

[b]TUTORIAL:[/b]
Code:
[b]Name: [/b]Name of tutorial.
[size=small][b]Company/Author: [/b]Owner of the tutorial.[/size]
[size=small][b]For which program?: [/b]Some tutorials tend to be available for a specific program, but for things such as anatomy, when it's displayed a specific program such as Photoshop, that can be not a problem, unless it has to do with effects.[/size]
[size=small][b]Price: [/b]Thanks to [i]Udemy (an online site where hosts online courses with prices)[/i], if you want to really put a Udemy course inside this category, PLEASE put a price tag on this category, otherwise, leave it blank and just remove it.[/size]
[size=small][b]Description: [/b]A short, summarized description of the tutorial.[/size]

[Image: egg.png]

RE: ART RESOURCE TOPIC! - Willsaber - 02-14-2018

Name: Paint Tool SAI
Company: Systemax Software Development
Price: The price fluctuates frequently, because it's priced in JPY, but it's FREE if you know where to look
Description: Basically another Photoshop editor, but this one is more geared towards art. Lots of people use it, including TheOdd1sOut. It has brushes, layers, tablet pressure compatibility, etc. etc.

RE: ART RESOURCE TOPIC! - bigpotato - 02-14-2018

You could probably note that Aseprite's older versions are free and that the source is also available on github if you can figure out how to put it together.

RE: ART RESOURCE TOPIC! - sc00pj0hn - 02-15-2018

(02-14-2018, 07:17 PM)bigpotato Wrote: You could probably note that Aseprite's older versions are free and that the source is also available on github if you can figure out how to put it together.

Old aseprite looks pretty barebones and stiff to me when i tried it before buying. Also, I don't even think that you can get it for free if you try to compile the aseprite source.

RE: ART RESOURCE TOPIC! - GeekyDave - 02-15-2018

Name: Clip Studio Paint
Company: CELSYS
Price: $49.99 (may or may not be on sale sometimes)
Description: An really nice program catered towards people who want to do digital art. The UI is similar that of Photoshop and SAI, and has support for animation and comics. Some artists I know use this program, and it's really gets the job done.

RE: ART RESOURCE TOPIC! - YoshisIsland3 - 02-15-2018

(02-15-2018, 08:50 AM)sc00pj0hn Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 07:17 PM)bigpotato Wrote: You could probably note that Aseprite's older versions are free and that the source is also available on github if you can figure out how to put it together.

Old aseprite looks pretty barebones and stiff to me when i tried it before buying. Also, I don't even think that you can get it for free if you try to compile the aseprite source.

You actually can with visual basic, just that you have to compile every time for a new version. So yeah, it's not completely free.

RE: ART RESOURCE TOPIC! - sc00pj0hn - 02-15-2018

(02-15-2018, 10:21 AM)YoshisIsland3 Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 08:50 AM)sc00pj0hn Wrote:

You actually can with visual basic, just that you have to compile every time for a new version. So yeah, it's not completely free.

It seems pretty piracy to me. I honestly don't know what is the sense of making aseprite open source whilst you can buy the actual thing.

RE: ART RESOURCE TOPIC! - sc00pj0hn - 02-22-2018

Updated the main post with MediBang Paint / JUMP Paint.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.