MFGG Forums
REJECTED Allow to add your own emojis :) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: REJECTED Allow to add your own emojis :) (/showthread.php?tid=509)

Pages: 1 2

Allow to add your own emojis :) - OssieTheOstrich - 02-16-2018

What the title says Laughing .

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Jaden1291 the Toad - 02-16-2018

I'm neutral on this. While you can post your own reactions with your OC emojis (really cool to have my face on every post), there might be risks of NSFW emojis and big ones, too. I think that can be resolved quickly by an Emoji Control team similar to the Quality Control on the mainsite.

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - sc00pj0hn - 02-16-2018

I don't believe it can be done because MyBB doesn't seem to do this kind of stuff.

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - OssieTheOstrich - 02-16-2018

(02-16-2018, 06:36 AM)Jaden1291 the Toad Wrote: I'm neutral on this. While you can post your own reactions with your OC emojis (really cool to have my face on every post), there might be risks of NSFW emojis and big ones, too. I think that can be resolved quickly by an Emoji Control team similar to the Quality Control on the mainsite.
Yep, we will definitely need a Emoji Control team!

(02-16-2018, 08:21 AM)sc00pj0hn Wrote: I don't believe it can be done because MyBB doesn't seem to do this kind of stuff.
Maybe it could be done ¯\_(ツ)_/¯?

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-16-2018

(02-16-2018, 06:36 AM)Jaden1291 the Toad Wrote: I'm neutral on this. While you can post your own reactions with your OC emojis (really cool to have my face on every post), there might be risks of NSFW emojis and big ones, too. I think that can be resolved quickly by an Emoji Control team similar to the Quality Control on the mainsite.

Couldn't the same be said for posting images? Why would it need to be handled differently than that?

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - VinnyVideo - 02-16-2018

I don't think MyBB has an "add your own emoji" feature. You could always request new emoji to be added, though.

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Fun With Despair - 02-16-2018

As far as I know, you have to go through Admin CP to add new emojis, and while you could feasibly give the base member role the permissions to do so, the idea is frankly a bit terrible.

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Pedigree - 02-16-2018

I think this is a terrible idea.

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Syaxamaphone - 02-16-2018

You should be able to spend coins to get emoticons added

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Friendly Dictator - 02-16-2018

you can just post the images that you want, you dont need them to be emojis

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Shadow Administrator Drei - 02-17-2018

Emoticons should be reflective of the actual community, and freely adding them does not enable that due to trouble makers. This is why Minus World has :mao:. Can you imagine the fury that would be had by HylianDev and VinnyVideo if there was an emoticon to represent Mao or Stalin here?

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - OssieTheOstrich - 02-17-2018

(02-17-2018, 11:20 AM)GothGirlGangDrei Wrote: Emoticons should be reflective of the actual community, and freely adding them does not enable that due to trouble makers. This is why Minus World has :mao:. Can you imagine the fury that would be had by HylianDev and VinnyVideo if there was an emoticon to represent Mao or Stalin here?
Who/what are Mao or Stalin?

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Shadow Administrator Drei - 02-17-2018

Prophets of a better world.

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Willsaber - 02-24-2018

Yeah! I wanna post "The Mummy" emotes :P

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Retriever II - 02-25-2018

Who remembers the custom word filter mod on the old IPB?

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Vitiman - 02-25-2018

(02-25-2018, 01:52 AM)Retriever II Wrote: Who remembers the custom word filter mod on the old IPB?

I do and it was awful.

Please bring it back.

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - OssieTheOstrich - 02-25-2018

(02-25-2018, 02:49 AM)Vitiman Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 01:52 AM)Retriever II Wrote: Who remembers the custom word filter mod on the old IPB?

I do and it was awful.

Please bring it back.
Why bring it back if it was awful? Confused

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - VinnyVideo - 02-25-2018

I do. I don't remember it being "awful", but I never actually used it.

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Vitiman - 02-25-2018

(02-25-2018, 02:50 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote: Why bring it back if it was awful? Confused

(02-25-2018, 03:33 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I do. I don't remember it being "awful", but I never actually used it.

My comment was very definitely meant to be a love-hate reflection on the word filter, which was very amusing to use but was also used for a lot of pure evil.

RE: Allow to add your own emojis :) - Pedigree - 02-26-2018

I'd rather not see meme swear filters, thanks.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.