MFGG Forums
Racism - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Racism (/showthread.php?tid=558)

Pages: 1 2 3

Racism - Knuckles - 02-25-2018

Ugandan Knuckles is a dead meme and was never really too funny but it was never racist.

I am a black person that was born in India. I see no problem with the Ugandan Knuckles meme. It is simply silly and that's about it. I've posted several times on this forum and have noticed that people think that this meme is racially mean spirited. If this keeps up eventually people will think that I am racist, which I am not.
Please do not  cause issues when there are none.

RE: Racism - OssieTheOstrich - 02-25-2018

but, does that mean: no more dey wey? Sad

RE: Racism - Knuckles - 02-25-2018

Dere is always a wey. You must know love to know dey wey. Dey hatred of othas has made many blind.....

RE: Racism - OssieTheOstrich - 02-25-2018

does thet mean thet dey wey wil stey?

If mods allow. They will lead dey wey.

RE: Racism - Pedigree - 02-25-2018

You do know that India and Uganda aren't even on the same continent, right?

Maybe I'm mistaken but whether or not you personally see the meme as racist isn't going to drive us to reverse our position on the meme, especially because the meme has nothing to do with you.

Whether or not you personally take offense to something that is racist does not define whether or not it is racist, if that makes any sense.

Sorry, it's early in the morning

The issue of racism is more nuanced than "it's okay because username is okay with it and is ______."

I'm sure there are plenty of places you can enjoy this meme outside MFGG.

Honestly, is it really so difficult not to post this meme here that we need to have multiple thread debates on it?

RE: Racism - VinnyVideo - 02-25-2018

Like most of the people referencing this meme, I don't think the MFGGer named Ugandan Knuckles had any malicious intent. However, I could totally see how someone might find this meme to be offensive, and it never was particularly funny in the first place.

I don't think anyone is trying to say people posting Ugandan Knuckles are being malicious on purpose, and that's not really the issue.

The issue is exaggerated stereotypes don't have a place on Mario Fan Games Galaxy, we are an inclusive community and should try to do better than posting memes like Ugandan Knuckles.

RE: Racism - Yrr - 02-25-2018

i dont mind hentai so i think mfgg should allow it instead of banning poor zelma just cause someone found it offensive

RE: Racism - Snessy the duck - 02-25-2018

(02-25-2018, 12:49 PM)Yrr Wrote: i dont mind hentai so i think mfgg should allow it instead of banning poor zelma just cause someone found it offensive

You gotta remember there's kids on this site.

RE: Racism - Syaxamaphone - 02-25-2018

The kids need to learn about tiddies eventually

(02-25-2018, 12:56 PM)Snessy the duck Wrote: You gotta remember there's kids on this site.

are u sayin racism is ok for kids?

Let's not derail the thread to talking about hentai.

If you really wanna discuss issues you have with Zelma's ban, please start a thread for said purpose in Suggestions.

my point was, just cause you're ok with something doesnt make it ok

RE: Racism - HylianDev - 02-25-2018

I'm preeeeeetty sure Yrr was being sarcastic

RE: Racism - Saltman - 02-25-2018

(02-25-2018, 12:49 PM)Yrr Wrote: i dont mind hentai so i think mfgg should allow it instead of banning poor zelma just cause someone found it offensive

Wait, so this is why he got banned? (Or are you just joking?).

RE: Racism - Mariotroid - 02-25-2018

I wouldn't be surprised if Zelma posted hentai. He always seemed like one of -those- types.

Anyway, Ugandan Knuckles is funny and isn't racist.

[Image: the-studio-ghibli-collection-click-click...464570.png]

Afterall, he gave us this^^

(02-25-2018, 09:11 AM)Pedigree Wrote: You do know that India and Uganda aren't even on the same continent, right?
 I'm aware.

(02-25-2018, 09:11 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Maybe I'm mistaken but whether or not you personally see the meme as racist isn't going to drive us to reverse our position on the meme, especially because the meme has nothing to do with you.
Well in that case the meme has nothing to do with you either. Or anyone that uses this site for that matter. I'd just like you and other members to realize that this meme is in no way racist.

(02-25-2018, 09:11 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Whether or not you personally take offense to something that is racist does not define whether or not it is racist, if that makes any sense.
I know several Africans personally (no Ugandans) and being a Black person that has experienced bias and real racism I think my input on the topic should matter. Knuckles is not spouting hate speech or prejudice towards Ugandans or any minorities. This isn't even a racist  depiction of Ugandans. It's a f***ing derpy Knuckles. The only thing that would make someone assume that this meme is racist is the accent and way of speaking. This is just a comedic trope that has always been done and is most likely going to continue. Take the voice actor for Mario as an example. Charles Martinet is an American voice actor for an Italian  Plumber that says "Mama Mia". That isn't considered racist is it? No. It is not.

RE: Racism - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 02-25-2018

(02-25-2018, 04:36 PM)Mariotroid Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if Zelma posted hentai. He always seemed like one of -those- types.

what, someone with a functioning dong

RE: Racism - Saltman - 02-25-2018

Why would he even post that anyways.

I mean, why do it here ?

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.