MFGG Forums
REJECTED Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: REJECTED Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. (/showthread.php?tid=574)

Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - Pedigree - 02-27-2018

I was trying to see how the announcement block looked on the left and put who's online in the empty space below it

I think it makes more sense to have the news first because I noticed I ignore it on the right and just look at the forums.

Thoughts?

PS: I would have said something to prevent confusion if I wasn't running late to work sorry lol

I'm also going to work on improving the appearance of the who's online block too which will take some trial and error so if that looks weird in the coming days, that's why.

RE: Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - OssieTheOstrich - 02-27-2018

Having the Announcement Block on the Left makes it very similar to the Main site, so it's a pretty good change, though it got surprised when i saw the Announcement Block on the Left and not the right.

RE: Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - Shadow Administrator Drei - 02-27-2018

how the f*** was this not how it was first proposed. english reads left to right, so you want things that need attention to the left, and putting the - aka the board/thread titles, really helps focus on what things are. good change.

RE: Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - VinnyVideo - 02-27-2018

This change makes sense (as long as it looks good on mobile, which I haven't tested). It's a lot easier to notice the announcements now that they're on the left.

RE: Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - Pedigree - 02-27-2018

(02-27-2018, 10:32 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: This change makes sense (as long as it looks good on mobile, which I haven't tested). It's a lot easier to notice the announcements now that they're on the left.

Announcements block is one of the many desktop exclusive features so no worries about it messing up on mobile.

RE: Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-27-2018

I think it looks much better this way. It makes it much more noticeable.

RE: Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - GamerInGeorgia - 02-27-2018

I already got used to it being on the other side, but I can manage.

RE: Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - Syaxamaphone - 02-27-2018

I really hate this change. It really works at pulling your attention but its a huge pain trying to read the content when this big announcements bar with large text is like "hey look at me you should have your eyes over here"

I feel that the elements you'll be doing the majority of your reading on should be given priority on the left. That's where your eyes will default to when you move to the next line after all.

News was completely noticeable on the right and I checked it regularly and could easily ignore it after to continue reading the content of the page.

RE: Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - Cruise Elroy - 02-27-2018

I agree. Having the announcements tab on the left and the subforum list in the center is something I can't see myself getting used to, especially since the list of threads is still aligned to the left. I also think the list of subforums should be declared as the "more important" piece of information, and thus be on the left.

RE: Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - Kritter - 02-27-2018

I don't like it but I could probably get used to it. I DO like that you've added online users to their own little box though, that's a great change.

RE: Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - Pedigree - 02-27-2018

Thanks for the feedback, but majority of users say nay if you include those in the Discord so the change has been reversed with exception to the Who's Online change.

RE: Announcement Block on the Left? Feedback please. - VinnyVideo - 02-27-2018

I'm OK with it either way. I've heard more people say they prefer the bar to be on the right than on the left, though.

(This might not be a bad time for a poll.)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.