MFGG Forums
Fire Emblem Heroes - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Fire Emblem Heroes (/showthread.php?tid=576)

Fire Emblem Heroes - VinnyVideo - 02-27-2018

About a year ago I made a topic about the new mobile FE game. I'm surprised that I'm still playing it a year after its release - I thought it would be something I'd play for a week or two and forget about, but it's had some solid staying power. I tend to cycle between Tiers 17 and 19 in the Arena (I came "heartbreakingly" close to hitting 20 a couple of weeks ago). I'm not obsessed with getting the world's highest Arena score (which isn't feasible unless you spend money), but I'm still playing all the maps and trying to catch 'em all (or at least snag the really overpowered cool characters).

Is anyone else still playing this? What teams do you usually run?

(I should probably get a 3DS so I can play the regular FE games I haven't played.)

RE: Fire Emblem Heroes - Kritter - 02-27-2018

I tried but I couldn't get into it. Perhaps it was a bit too complex for me. I seem to update the game every few months, get a bunch of free summons and then forget it exists.

RE: Fire Emblem Heroes - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-27-2018

I can never stay with a mobile game for more than a month. I've already stopped playing the Animal Crossing mobile game, and I don't think I made it even 3 weeks with Fire Emblem. It might have required more thought than I'm willing to put into a mobile game.

RE: Fire Emblem Heroes - Kritter - 02-27-2018

Animal Crossing lasted quite literally 2 days for me, after which I gave up. I stuck with Pokemon GO for maybe a month before giving up, and I played enough Super Mario Run to make it worth the price I paid, but yeah I can't stick with mobile games. Perhaps because I'm not mobile enough to warrant it, I don't travel on public transport or have any time to just use my phone.

RE: Fire Emblem Heroes - Mariotroid - 02-28-2018

I've heard that my friends liked playing it. I never got into it too much. There was yugioh duel links which I enjoyed and there was also Pokemon Go way before that. Other than these two, I've never played much mobile games of these types.

However I have played roms and some other cool phone games like VVVVV which I enjoyed.

RE: Fire Emblem Heroes - Supah-Luigi - 02-28-2018

I've been playing it since it came out as well. I'm typically about tier 17 in the arena myself. I don't play it nearly as much as I should. I've got a sort of can catch em all mentality when it comes to characters, but I prioritize the characters I like/characters with notable abilities when I summon. Granted, I've still yet to get the new Robin despite only purchasing green orbs. He's got stakes in both armored teams and dragon teams. My mom's got two of them, and she complains that she hasn't gotten anything else.

RE: Fire Emblem Heroes - VinnyVideo - 03-01-2018

@Kritter FE Heroes has far more depth and complexity than the vast majority of mobile games. It's not too difficult to clear most of the regular chapters, but if you want to earn a high Arena score and beat the Grand Hero Battles on the highest difficulties, then yeah, you'll need to take advantage of skill inheritance, weapon refinery, supports, and so forth.

I still play Pokemon Go some, mostly when I'm on car trips (as a passenger, of course!). But yeah, mobile games don't usually hold my attention for long (not that I've played many of them).

@Supah-Luigi That's pretty close to the way I play, too. I'm more interested in accumulating a diverse roster of characters and experimenting with different playing styles than hyper-optimizing a handful of units.

RE: Fire Emblem Heroes - Kritter - 03-01-2018

By rights I should love Fire Emblem because I do enjoy turn based strategy games and so on, I think I just get overwhelmed and figure I don't have the time anyway.

RE: Fire Emblem Heroes - Fidu - 03-03-2018

I'm still playing FEH. The game has improved so much since launch, though I'm mostly in it for the characters too. I'm not really interested in theĀ Arena, but I usually participate in the Voting Gauntlet and Tempest Trials etc while they're active.

RE: Fire Emblem Heroes - VinnyVideo - 03-18-2018

It took me a year, but I finally got a Hector. Yay. Hector was one of my favorites from FE7, and even if he's not quite as dominant as he was when Heroes first came out, he's still a good guy to have on your side.

Also, the new Rival Domains maps are pretty cool. The larger maps and bigger armies make them feel more like regular FE games, so they've been a nice change of pace.

RE: Fire Emblem Heroes - VinnyVideo - 04-12-2018

It didn't take me long to snag both a Newfangled Green Olwen and a Newfangled Sword Reinhardt. As a Thracia 776 fan*, I'm very OK with that.

* I don't think Thracia 776 is the greatest game of all time (or even the best game in the series), but it's a cool concept, and it's quite a rewarding feeling to beat a game as difficult as Thracia 776. Plus, it's cool when Nintendo acknowledges the existence of a good game that was never released outside of Japan. So more Thracia 776 appreciation is a good thing.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.