MFGG Forums
Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: The Dungeon (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: The Vault (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem (/showthread.php?tid=582)

Pages: 1 2

Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Pedigree - 02-28-2018

And now... for something a little different! Not every Monthly Mayhem has to be a live multiplayer session, so here's something a little more laid back for the month of March.

Did you ever get the feeling that we missed an opportunity to CAP-italize on Super Mario Odyssey's photo feature? Well, @Kritter and I certainly agree that we did. There are some fantastic photo opportunities in the game and it has a pretty beefy in-game camera with filters and other options.

The theme for this one is "Spring".

Here's how it's going to work:

1. Find a moment that really CAP-tures the theme, at least in your interpretation, and press the Down Arrow button on your Joy-Con L or Pro Controller to enter snapshot mode.
2. Follow on screen instructions to change the angle, add filters, zoom in or out, etc.
3. Click the Snapshot button on your Joy-Con L or Pro Controller to save the photo to your Nintendo Switch Album.
4. Go to the Album application from your Nintendo Switch home screen. Choose the photo you just CAP-tured.
5. Press the A button on your Joy-Con L or Pro Controller to enter Editing and Posting. Choose Add Text. Type "MFGG". This is to ensure people aren't just swiping photos from a search 
6. Adjust the size, position and angle of the text so it doesn't get in the way of your sweet photo. Then click Finished to save an edited copy of the photo. Note: The original, unedited photo will still be saved in your Album.
7. Upload your photo and post in this thread. Note: Make sure any important spoilers such as ending spoilers, if you do post them, are clearly marked as such.

NOTE: If your photo does not have "MFGG" on it as described above, it will be disqualified.

To access your photo, you may either:

A: Access it directly by plugging the SD Card (behind the Switch kickstand) into your computer. Please make sure your Switch is powered off when you remove the SD Card and ensure you Eject the SD Card by right clicking it and choosing the Eject option to safely remove it.
B: Use the Post option in the Nintendo Switch Album application to share your photo to social media and download it from there.

Here's an example of what your submission may look like (although it should fit the theme whereas this photo does not):
Code:
[spoiler="Contains some souvenir spoilers"][img]https://i.imgur.com/92N8sZR.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

You will have until Wednesday, March 14th at 11:59PM PST to submit your photos. We will then proceed to the Voting Process as described here.

Up for grabs are the Monthly Mayhem badges and your awesome photos will be featured proudly on our Facebook and Twitter, whether you win or not.

I look forward to seeing how creative you can get. Happy screen-CAPPING! Wink

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - GamerInGeorgia - 02-28-2018

Just a side question: Could you please elaborate what the MFGG Monthly Mayhem is?

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Pedigree - 02-28-2018

(02-28-2018, 07:32 PM)GamerInGeorgia Wrote: Just a side question: Could you please elaborate what the MFGG Monthly Mayhem is?

Gaming focused events. Two have already happened:

https://forums.mfgg.net/showthread.php?tid=397
https://forums.mfgg.net/showthread.php?tid=489

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Kritter - 02-28-2018

Spring as in the season or the one that goes boing?

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Pedigree - 02-28-2018

(02-28-2018, 09:28 PM)Kritter Wrote: Spring as in the season or the one that goes boing?

The season is what I had in mind but if you come up with something to represent springing/boing then go ahead.

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Snessy the duck - 03-01-2018

This sounds really fun! I love Odyssey's Snapshot Mode a lot, so I'll see if I can get something snapped up for this contest!

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Kritter - 03-01-2018

Just going to throw my hat (ahaha) into the ring with this.

[Image: knMz3fA.jpg]

I call it "Mario relaxing under a tree on a green spring afternoon with a bird on his nose and also a bird in the tree and I forgot to collect some purple coins in the background"

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Mariotroid - 03-02-2018

Nice entry Kritter. I'e never fooled around with snapshot mode but I'll try it out.

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Pedigree - 03-07-2018

Jump Up for Spring! My entry!

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Action Lemon - 03-07-2018

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Kritter - 03-07-2018

Yeah it was a pretty difficult theme. The Wooded Kingdom might also work.

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Pedigree - 03-08-2018

My screenshot was from the Wooded Kingdom.

Cascade Kingdom is very springy too!

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Kritter - 03-08-2018

True! Would love to see a few more entries before this ends.

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - DustinVG - 03-11-2018

[Image: 5uJ4YdC.jpg]

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - MissingNumbers - 03-11-2018

Loopholes are my favorite thing, so I'm going to make this about a hot spring.
[Image: DYDRHRcUQAAjGAe.jpg:large]
I apologize if this damages the integrity of the contest, but I couldn't resist.

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Pedigree - 03-12-2018

Toadally allowed, so no worries.

Only a couple days remaining to enter!

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Hyper - 03-14-2018

[Image: DYOLss0UQAA9myC.jpg]
Worth a shot.

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Pedigree - 03-15-2018

Another few days to submit, been busy so not ready to open voting!

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - Pedigree - 03-19-2018

Time to vote, sorry for the delay!

Please state the name of the person who captured your favorite image!

You'll have until Wednesday, March 21st at 11:59PM PST to submit your votes!

RE: Cappy that Photo Contest | MFGG Monthly Mayhem - VinnyVideo - 03-19-2018

I think I'll go with Kritter.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.