MFGG Forums
The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: The Dungeon (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: The Vault (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive (/showthread.php?tid=61)

The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - Pedigree - 11-26-2017

These brand spanking new forums are worth sharing and I'd like to get everyone involved in reaching out to others.

Starting after MyBB's grand opening, here's what I'm looking for:
  • Refer at least one member that doesn't already have a forum account.
  • They should register using your referral link and complete their profile.
  • They should post at least once and it must be an on-topic post that isn't a throwaway yes, no, etc. response.
  • Once completed, please link me their profile in private message.
To refer a member, you should use the referral link listed in the User CP as pictured below.
[Image: ea4votB.png]

Should you successfully refer one member with the above requirements and they are a legitimate account, you will receive the [Image: Eg7CdKS.png] Good Citizen badge. The Good Citizen badge used to be awarded to those who participated in Secret Santa, but we moved to a [Image: tFYU1bR.png] Secret Santa badge sometime later. Now we're going to reclaim it and use it for good deeds that benefit the community, and this is one of them.

Note: You will only earn one Good Citizen badge for your participation in this drive, but we really appreciate it if you are able to refer more than one member.

However if I receive complaints that you are spamming other communities begging for referrals or tricking people into clicking your referral link, you will not be eligible for a Good Citizen badge. To refer successfully you should be creative, talk about the new board's features, show your fangame project threads, any events that are happening, etc. We want to attract new and active members that want to stick around, not annoy and drive them away.

This Referral Drive will conclude on December 31st at 11:59PM PST, so you have plenty of time!

Qualifying Members

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - Syaxamaphone - 11-26-2017

Awe heck I already did it

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - DustinVG - 11-26-2017

In addition, referring a member nets you a somewhat meatier-than-average coin profit!

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - Syaxamaphone - 11-26-2017

How does that work? Is it like a lump sum on referral or like an ongoing multiplier?

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - DustinVG - 11-26-2017

(11-26-2017, 11:24 PM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: How does that work? Is it like a lump sum on referral or like an ongoing multiplier?

Lump sum.

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - Mandew - 11-26-2017

The coin system reminds me of digibutter. That was a way they used to incentivise activity, although that place has been dead for over 5 years now P:

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - VinnyVideo - 11-27-2017

If you know any cool folks who might be interested in being part of MFGG's spiffy new forum, be sure to send them our way!

One addendum to Pedigree's post: There's a chance we'll make a Referrer Badge instead of using the original Good Citizen image.

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - Yoshin - 11-29-2017

I've referred 4 people now

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - Pedigree - 11-29-2017

@Yoshin, can you please list their names so I can see if at least one of them has posted? I will then list you up top as having fulfilled the requirements for when we figure out our referral badge

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - Pedigree - 12-04-2017

>Yoshin's referred six members.

I'm just going to put her in the list anyways.

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - HylianDev - 12-04-2017

Somehow I have a member referred despite not remembering referring anybody. Odd!

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - Pedigree - 12-04-2017

I think when you sign up you can specify if someone referred you.

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - Kaguya Houraisan - 01-04-2018

Was this supposed to be concluded 4 days ago?

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - VinnyVideo - 01-04-2018

Seems the initial event is over. If you'd like your badge, and you're not already on the list in the original post, you could help me out by telling me who you invited (this is easier than making me do a bunch of arcane SQL queries).

I'd be open to keeping this going, with or without a few tweaks to the original formula. I like the idea of members getting recognition for inviting cool new people to join MFGG.

Also, feel free to suggest a good badge image for this, if you can think of something that would work better than Good Citizen.

RE: The "Welcome New Galaxy" Referral Drive - Pedigree - 01-09-2018

Until we come to a decision on another badge for this, I did go ahead and award Good Citizen badges as a placeholder to those who participated.

Thank you, perhaps we'll do this again soon!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.