MFGG Forums
How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? (/showthread.php?tid=621)

How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - OssieTheOstrich - 03-09-2018

I REALLY NEED HELP TO RIP SPRITES FROM SONIC CLASSIC Huh?
http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Classic

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - Mariotroid - 03-09-2018

Print screen?

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - OssieTheOstrich - 03-09-2018

(03-09-2018, 03:19 AM)Mariotroid Wrote: Print screen?
No i mean going in the files of the game to get the sprites.

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - YoshisIsland3 - 03-09-2018

(rude message removed)

(03-09-2018, 01:06 PM)YoshisIsland3 Wrote: Dude, that's a Multimedia Fusion game, good luck ripping it without the source of the game.
How rude! That didn't help at all.

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - YoshisIsland3 - 03-09-2018

My bad, but you really can't. I've tried.
Also I did not mean to offend you.

(03-09-2018, 01:14 PM)YoshisIsland3 Wrote: My bad, but you really can't. I've tried.
Also I did not mean to offend you.
It's okay.

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - Willsaber - 03-10-2018

I've used print screen to make my own sprite sheets of sprite-based games. It's tedious, but it works well if you're patient.

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - VinnyVideo - 03-11-2018

If you want sprites from a fangame or a small-scale indie game, you could try contacting the people who originally made the game. They might be willing to help you out - especially if you're polite and you make it clear they're for non-commercial use.

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - OssieTheOstrich - 03-12-2018

(03-11-2018, 09:50 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: If you want sprites from a fangame or a small-scale indie game, you could try contacting the people who originally made the game. They might be willing to help you out - especially if you're polite and you make it clear they're for non-commercial use.
But what if their not polite, use bad language, and don't want you to rip their sprites?

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - VinnyVideo - 03-12-2018

@Ostrich101 The worst thing that could (realistically) happen is they'll just tell you no - or simply ignore your message. As long as you're polite, I doubt they'll cuss you out or laugh at you or send ninja assassins to your home.

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - Gato - 03-18-2018

No. Just no, fam.

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - OssieTheOstrich - 03-18-2018

(03-18-2018, 04:39 AM)Gato Wrote: No. Just no, fam.
Confused What does "No" mean in this context?, are you saying ripping sprites from fan-games is not a good idea?

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 03-18-2018

Why are you worried about the people being rude or using bad language without having tried to contact them yet and without knowing anything about these people? If you assume everyone in the world sucks then you won't talk to anyone and you won't get anything.

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - OssieTheOstrich - 03-18-2018

(03-18-2018, 11:33 AM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: Why are you worried about the people being rude or using bad language without having tried to contact them yet and without knowing anything about these people?
The guy i was going to ask his sprites for uses swear words, and my Sonic Retro member is pending meaning i can't ask him until my user is approved.

RE: How to rip sprites from GameMaker Games? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 03-18-2018

(03-18-2018, 01:48 PM)Ostrich101 Wrote:
(03-18-2018, 11:33 AM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: Why are you worried about the people being rude or using bad language without having tried to contact them yet and without knowing anything about these people?
The guy i was going to ask his sprites for uses swear words, and my Sonic Retro member is pending meaning i can't ask him until my user is approved.

Someone using swear words doesn't automatically make him a mean person. Anyway I doubt he'd be throwing around a bunch of swear words in a response to you asking him if you can use his sprites, at least not in a way that's intended to be rude. If you don't like people using swear words in general around you, there's not a lot you can do about that. Just don't use them yourself and, if it gets to a point that makes you uncomfortable, just let the person know that it does and if he's respectful he will tone it down when talking to you. Otherwise it's out of your control as there is no way to control what comes out of someone else's mouth.

If he is rude then just forget about communicating with him; If he's nice then you got what you wanted. There's really no harm that can come from asking something like this.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.