MFGG Forums
Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! (/showthread.php?tid=622)

Pages: 1 2

Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - OssieTheOstrich - 03-09-2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tfjcsMvN8M

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Kritter - 03-09-2018

I think everyone knew it was going to come to the Switch but it's nice to know it'll be coming this year.

Still no word on whether it's a "DX" type of deal, or a brand new game. Personally I'll be fine with either option because we know for sure that they're going to be adding new fighters, thanks to the trailer showing that Inklings are finally going to be playable. Also I'll be interested to see if Link has some Breath of the Wild moves now, seeing as they're going with the BotW model.

Personally I hope for some good new playable characters and the return of some others such as the Ice Climbers. Nintendo are no longer limited with things like the character roster because it doesn't have to be the same as the 3DS version, which is why Ice Climbers weren't included in the previous games, because the 3DS couldn't handle it.

I would love some better content. Hated the classic mode and stupid smash board game thing in the previous ones, wasn't a fan of Smash Run on the 3DS version either. Give me a proper classic mode at the very least. I could probably go on about what I'd love to see in the game, but I think we'd be best off waiting for E3 in June where I am now 100% sure Nintendo will properly unveil Smash for Switch.

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Mariotroid - 03-09-2018

I just wish more Nintendo games would go a new take on the formula of their respective titles. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe doesn' feel much different from Mario Kart 7 and so on with a lot of Nintendo games. I mean ODYSSEY is a completely original game. Wht can' Smash Bros or Mario Kart do this?

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Evil Yoshi Toes - 03-09-2018

(03-09-2018, 03:18 AM)Mariotroid Wrote: I just wish more Nintendo games would go a new take on the formula of their respective titles. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe doesn' feel much different from Mario Kart 7 and so on with a lot of Nintendo games. I mean ODYSSEY is a completely original game. Wht can' Smash Bros or Mario Kart do this?
With a game like Smash Bros changing up the formula too much is bound to disappoint fans. I think the changes they made between brawl and Wii U were enough, but, seeing as they seem to have struck a pretty universally well received speed and style of gameplay, I’m curious as to how much of a change there will be to the gameplay this time around. 

I don’t think it’s a port. With every port we have gotten a full trailer that shows off everything, then introduces any new content (like MK Deluxe). They kept everything, including the returning characters, a secret here, and link taking on his botw design also convinces me that this isn’t a brand new smash game. 

I’m very excited for E3. Hopefully this game will have some better single player modes than Wii U. Classic mode in Wii U was a mess, and smash run and tour should be either completely reworked or replaced/removed.

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - PAC-BANZAI - 03-09-2018

Tired Can people stop asking for Smash now? Please?

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - DustinVG - 03-09-2018

(03-09-2018, 03:18 PM)JacobLeBeauREAL Wrote: Tired Can people stop asking for Smash now? Please?

Well, I mean, no point in asking for it if you got it.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards "new game" now (given some evidence we've gotten, including a tweet from Sakurai), but I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable until we have confirmation.

If it is a new game, though, THE CRUSADE FOR MIKE JONES BEGINS AGAIN

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - GamerInGeorgia - 03-09-2018

When I first saw this post, I thought it was an early April fools, but then I saw the trailer and...
YES! FINALLY! SMASH! FOR REAL! ON THE SWITCH! WOOHOO!

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Saltman - 03-09-2018

(03-09-2018, 05:22 PM)Dustinvgmaster Wrote: HE CRUSADE FOR MIKE JONES BEGINS AGAIN

What? the guy from Startropics?

Not everyday do I see someone asking for Mike Jones for Smash Confused .

I played very little from that game though.

(03-09-2018, 05:48 PM)Saltman Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 05:22 PM)Dustinvgmaster Wrote: HE CRUSADE FOR MIKE JONES BEGINS AGAIN

And all of what you said is A DARN SHAME

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Saltman - 03-09-2018

(03-09-2018, 07:52 PM)Dustinvgmaster Wrote:

Hey now. We all know K. Rool is the best candidate for Smash 5 Agree

You're nothing but a Startropics fanboy. Are you really implying that the King of the Kremlings is more inferior than a guy with red hair and bananas in his ears?

(03-09-2018, 09:19 PM)Saltman Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 07:52 PM)Dustinvgmaster Wrote:

Hey now. We all know K. Rool is the best candidate for Smash 5 Agree

You're nothing but a Startropics fanboy. Are you really implying that the King of the Kremlings is more inferior than a guy with red hair and bananas in his ears?

yeah basically

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Kritter - 03-09-2018

I've wanted a few characters in Smash for a loooong while, K. Rool being at the top of that list somewhere. I always wanted Bomberman in there too but he's not that popular these days. Also Waluigi by default.

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Evil Yoshi Toes - 03-09-2018

If Waluigi is not in this game there will be riots.

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Saltman - 03-10-2018

(03-09-2018, 11:00 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: If Waluigi is not in this game there will be riots.

Oh yeah there's that.

But between Waluigi and K. Rool, I just can't decide...

They are both better than that Mike Johnson guy tho.

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Friendly Dictator - 03-10-2018

theyll put in cranky kong if theyre not cowards

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - OssieTheOstrich - 03-10-2018

(03-10-2018, 03:01 AM)Booji Boy Wrote: theyll put in cranky kong if theyre not cowards
wait, isn't Cranky too old to fight?

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Saltman - 03-10-2018

(03-10-2018, 03:02 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 03:01 AM)Booji Boy Wrote: theyll put in cranky kong if theyre not cowards
wait, isn't Cranky too old to fight?

He can win DKC with only 1 life, dude!

But it's not a good idea to add him. He would be too overpowered.

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Zero Kirby - 03-10-2018

Personally I want to see Rundas from Metroid Prime show up, though that's the longest shot in the universe at this point. (I also want the Metroid character designs to return to a Prime/Classic fusion rather than strictly Other M.)

Since BotW Link showed up, I think it'd be cool if one of the Champions were playable, too. Preferably Urbosa or Daruk, mostly because Mipha's a healer and Revali would just be Falco again.

(Kass Assist Trophy when?)

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Evil Yoshi Toes - 03-10-2018

Speaking of Metroid designs, I hope we get a proper Zero Suit Samus this time around. I'm not sure how likely this is given how popular her supermodel design has become, but it would be nice to see some more muscle on her.

I would love playable champions (except for Mipha, as I can't see her having a very interesting moveset for the reason Zero Kirby mentioned and because I just don't care for her character), but I could also see the champions being worked into Link's moveset if his moveset is redone, which it should be. At the very least I'm sure they'd appear in his final smash move, if those are back. I'm also hoping Zelda gets a new moveset. Link and Zelda are such iconic characters but they've never been all that good in Smash Bros. 

Seeing that Link and probably Zelda are going to sport their Breath of the Wild looks, I'm wondering what look Ganondorf will have. Hopefully something new, and hopefully he'll have a moveset that's not piggybacking off of someone else's.

RE: Smash Bros is coming to the Nintendo Switch!! - Parakarry - 03-10-2018

I would love to see Mike Jones, but since that's one of the American made NES games that never got released in Japan.. I dunno.
But it would be like a reverse Fire Emblem thing.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.