MFGG Forums
Bowser had a cape? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Bowser had a cape? (/showthread.php?tid=652)

Bowser had a cape? - Saltman - 03-16-2018

the other day I looked at a SMB3 artwork, and I found something really weird:

[Image: Main_cast_scene_SMB3.jpg]

It looks like Bowser has a cape. And even a strange eye necklace thing too! There's also the Black eyebrows but they're not as interesting. 

Still, it makes him look more badass. Is there any other artwork with this Bowser design? 

Also, do you guys like the cape or not?

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Mario - 03-16-2018

damn cool look for him, he should bring it back

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Syaxamaphone - 03-17-2018

In the really old Mario lore, Bowser was actually described as a sorcerer. He used his magic to turn the people of the mushroom kingdom into blocks in SMB1.

This plot point has long been since abandoned though. Shame, cause it was a cool outfit.

RE: Bowser had a cape? - VinnyVideo - 03-17-2018

When I was a little person, I had a jigsaw puzzle based on that particular piece of art. I wonder if I still have it somewhere.

Also, capes look good on Bowser, even if they don't enable him to fly.

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 03-17-2018

I wish Bowser still had his magical powers, but it seems like they separated that aspect into Kamek and Kammy, who do magic for him. 
I do like the cape but I’m not sure it would fit his character now as he’s become more comedic and less intimidating. It would also hide his shell, making his silhouette less recognizable, so I’m not sure that it’d come back as his main outfit. It would be cool to see him wear it again if only for just one part of a game as a callback.

RE: Bowser had a cape? - littlelum - 03-17-2018

That should be a Smash costume

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Mariotroid - 03-17-2018

(03-17-2018, 08:08 PM)littlelum Wrote: That should be a Smash costume

Very much agreed.

RE: Bowser had a cape? - chaoxys - 03-18-2018

(03-17-2018, 01:20 AM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: In the really old Mario lore, Bowser was actually described as a sorcerer. He used his magic to turn the people of the mushroom kingdom into blocks in SMB1.

This plot point has long been since abandoned though. Shame, cause it was a cool outfit.
To be fair, they brought it back a bit in the intro of SMG when Bowser creates electricity with his hands.

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Syaxamaphone - 03-18-2018

(03-18-2018, 02:24 PM)chaoxys Wrote: To be fair, they brought it back a bit in the intro of SMG when Bowser creates electricity with his hands.

Ninty's going to need to do more than that to convince me that he's still a magic man!

I want to see Bowser go on tour as a travelling magician!

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Saltman - 03-18-2018

(03-18-2018, 02:24 PM)chaoxys Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 01:20 AM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: In the really old Mario lore, Bowser was actually described as a sorcerer. He used his magic to turn the people of the mushroom kingdom into blocks in SMB1.

To be fair, they brought it back a bit in the intro of SMG when Bowser creates electricity with his hands.

But he doesn't use it anywhere else in the game, not even when you fight him!

Maybe they were just some temporary powers Kamek gave him to attack Toad Town or something.

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 03-18-2018

I always thought that was electricity coming from the ufo, but I guess it is there before the ufo appears so I’m not sure. 

Bowser in the first Mario Galaxy was pretty scary in comparison to sunshine, but that was changed again with Galaxy 2 and now odyssey, where he’s more similar to his paper Mario persona. I could see the cape suiting him in Galaxy 1. NSMB seems to be sticking to the scary, serious Bowser, even more similar to the Bowser of the early games than Galaxy’s, so if/when we get yet another NSMB game it could work there. Perhaps he’d throw it off before the final battle to reveal the iconic spiky shell.

RE: Bowser had a cape? - chaoxys - 03-18-2018

(03-18-2018, 04:34 PM)Saltman Wrote:

Maybe they were just some temporary powers Kamek gave him to attack Toad Town or something.
To be fair, I did say that they brought it back "a bit". He also uses dark hand magic stuff after you beat him in a fight to teleport, so, although rarely used, they are somewhat consistent with his magic using abilities in that game.

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Saltman - 03-18-2018

(03-18-2018, 05:26 PM)chaoxys Wrote:
(03-18-2018, 04:34 PM)Saltman Wrote:

To be fair, I did say that they brought it back "a bit". He also uses dark hand magic stuff after you beat him in a fight to teleport, so, although rarely used, they are somewhat consistent with his magic using abilities in that game.

I mean I don't think that's enough to call him a magic man. A fight with Bowser teleporting and shooting electricity at you would've been awesome (even more with the cape!).

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 03-18-2018

I think that's pretty magical though. Bowser's magical powers have always been subtle in comparison to other videogame magicians, or at least the magic he does on screen.

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Saltman - 03-19-2018

(03-18-2018, 10:22 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: I think that's pretty magical though. Bowser's magical powers have always been subtle in comparison to other videogame magicians, or at least the magic he does on screen.

Yeah, but why the subtlety? Why do they need to do that?

A fight with those powers would kick ass and would look so good with the cape. They can still keep the fire breath and super strength too.

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Cruise Elroy - 03-21-2018

Definitely feels like they could've done a lot of creative things if they ran with the original sorcerer theme with Bowser. Oh well.

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Saltman - 03-21-2018

(03-21-2018, 07:57 PM)Cruise Elroy Wrote: Definitely feels like they could've done a lot of creative things if they ran with the original sorcerer theme with Bowser. Oh well.

I've always thought Wart had the potential to replace him in the "magical Bowser" area.

You know, he could be his counterpart.

RE: Bowser had a cape? - OssieTheOstrich - 03-22-2018

Has anybody gave Bowser the cape in a fan-game?

RE: Bowser had a cape? - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 03-22-2018

Bowser with a Teletubbies cape (cause he likes that show, Go check the unmario wiki)

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.