MFGG Forums
K. Rool - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: K. Rool (/showthread.php?tid=682)

Pages: 1 2

K. Rool - Saltman - 03-29-2018

Poor K. Rool hasn't appeared in like 10 years. This guy is like King Koopa's son: K letter emphasis, alias changing, crown, etc (yay, another extremely important discovery!). I think he just got tired of trying to steal DK's bananas for no absolute reason. 

[Image: latest?cb=20130203074208]

Still, people are going crazy for his inclusion in smash, so that's something.

Do you like him (Despite being somewhat similar to Bowser)?

(Also, is the pronunciation "Kay Rool" or "Kuh Rule"?)

RE: K. Rool - Evil Yoshi Toes - 03-29-2018

I’ve never played a Donkey Kong game besides the arcade games in which he didn’t appear, so I don’t have much of an opinion on him. He looks cool though.

RE: K. Rool - GamerInGeorgia - 03-29-2018

I wouldn't mind having the croc king in Smash. He's a nice character, in my opinion, and he's one of my friends' favorite power hitters in Super Mario Sluggers.

RE: K. Rool - DustinVG - 03-29-2018

K. Rool, I think, has varied enough appearances to be able to have a cool moveset.

RE: K. Rool - Saltman - 03-29-2018

(03-29-2018, 07:14 PM)Dustinvgmaster Wrote: K. Rool, I think, has varied enough appearances to be able to have a cool moveset.

I still think it would be kind of weird to see him using his Pirate gun with his regular outfit tho.

RE: K. Rool - Mariotroid - 03-29-2018

He's a great bad guy. He is similar to Koopa for sure... but he's original enough. (Considering Donkey Kong is still part of the Mario universe)

Ive only played Donkey Kong Returns 3D. He wasn' a villain in the game. However, I did watch the Donkey Kong animated show. He was cool in the show and made a good tool for Donkey Kong, even if he was less menacing than in the games.

RE: K. Rool - Kritter - 03-30-2018

He's awesome, would love him in smash. Was disappointed when DKCR didn't feature the Kremlings.

RE: K. Rool - VinnyVideo - 03-30-2018

I'd be cool with that. K. Rool is notable enough to deserve a place in Smash (far more so than some of the characters they've included in previous games), and it wouldn't be too difficult to give him a varied and unique moveset.

RE: K. Rool - Friendly Dictator - 04-01-2018

i'd much rather have cranky in smash for dk representation

RE: K. Rool - Saltman - 04-01-2018

What moveset would Cranky have anyway

RE: K. Rool - Evil Yoshi Toes - 04-01-2018

(04-01-2018, 01:22 PM)Saltman Wrote: What moveset would Cranky have anyway

His attack

[Image: _mmd_model__cranky_kong_download_by_sab64-db8ldrm.png]

His Final Smash
[Image: tumblr_miqrs5qpJU1r8ermdo1_500.gif]

Aside from that

How can you even defeat someone with a mixer

Also I thought you never had a DK game.

RE: K. Rool - Zero Kirby - 04-01-2018

K. Rool is interesting in that his schemes don't seem to be taking over the world or getting some greater power or the like. He just wants to be a dick to the Kong family for whatever reason.

It's notable that in Donkey Kong 64 his only plan in the game is literally just to kill Donkey Kong and destroy DK Island, and the only reason he kidnaps DK's friends and steals the Golden Bananas is to distract the Kongs until his ultimate weapon is complete. That's actually pretty diabolical in comparison to other Nintendo antagonists.

And give the guy credit - he at least recognizes that DK is a threat and so kidnaps him two games in a row just to keep him out of his way.

RE: K. Rool - Evil Yoshi Toes - 04-01-2018

I haven't, but I've seen the DK rap too many times.

RE: K. Rool - VinnyVideo - 04-01-2018

Cranky Kong should be the S+++++ tier Smash character.

RE: K. Rool - Mario - 04-01-2018

Honestly he sucks. I can't really say I remember anything notable about him. Well, I thought the costume gimmick was pretty cool. I don't think it'd be a bad idea for him to show up again to have some kind of continuity, but if he's gonna be the main bad guy or anything like that I think he pretty much as to be rebuilt from the ground-up, and at that point it doesn't make too much of a difference if it's him again or a new character to fill the gap.

(04-01-2018, 06:40 PM)Mario Wrote: Honestly he sucks. I can't really say I remember anything notable about him. Well, I thought the costume gimmick was pretty cool. I don't think it'd be a bad idea for him to show up again to have some kind of continuity, but if he's gonna be the main bad guy or anything like that I think he pretty much as to be rebuilt from the ground-up, and at that point it doesn't make too much of a difference if it's him again or a new character to fill the gap.

And the reason of why he sucks is...?

RE: K. Rool - Mario - 04-01-2018

(04-01-2018, 06:57 PM)Saltman Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 06:40 PM)Mario Wrote: Honestly he sucks. I can't really say I remember anything notable about him. Well, I thought the costume gimmick was pretty cool. I don't think it'd be a bad idea for him to show up again to have some kind of continuity, but if he's gonna be the main bad guy or anything like that I think he pretty much as to be rebuilt from the ground-up, and at that point it doesn't make too much of a difference if it's him again or a new character to fill the gap.

It's in my post...

RE: K. Rool - Saltman - 04-02-2018

(04-01-2018, 08:25 PM)Mario Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 06:57 PM)Saltman Wrote:

It's in my post...

All you said was that he needed to be rebuilt from the ground-up.

But you didn't really say why did he suck (what's not notable about him).

RE: K. Rool - Evil Yoshi Toes - 04-02-2018

Mario said in his post that he didn't think anything about K. Rool was notable, so I'm assuming the answer to your question asking what Mario didn't find notable about the character would be "everything."

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.