MFGG Forums
Make a Good ABCD Contest (We have a winner!) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Make a Good ABCD Contest (We have a winner!) (/showthread.php?tid=697)

Pages: 1 2

Make a Good ABCD Contest (We have a winner!) - chaoxys - 04-01-2018

Hey there everyone, it's time for our first contest under new ownership. Whats the theme? Well, it's very simple, all you have to do is design an ABCD, or an "Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon". Despite the rather descriptive title, they can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, the only real somewhat consistent thing is them having 1 eye and no arms.

[Image: r3VGtdn.png]

Rules:
          - Doesn't have to be drawn, it can be a sprite.
          - Doesn't have to be fancy, this is about having fun, so even a simple doodle is more than welcome.
          - Don't feel like coming up with something new? Feel free to draw Demo or any other existing design.

And I'd highly recommend joining, there may be a nice prize for doing so Agree

For the sake of getting the ball rolling, heres my entry
[Image: MSAUCnS.png]

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - SonicKade2048 - 04-01-2018

Here's my entry. It's me and @FAVman33, also known as Kade and Frank.
[Image: talkhaus.png]
EDIT: Fixed Frank's eye color and added Andy.

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - Yoshin - 04-01-2018

[Image: ghosts.png]
Here we go!

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - Friendly Dictator - 04-01-2018

[Image: t33OMu5.png]
His name is Organ.

He was created when King Purplius performed a secret experiment, splicing Purplian DNA with DNA extracted from a kidnapped ABCD (it was demo, she mistook Purplius's circle machine for the bus back to her master's base). His crown is designed to channel his psychic powers of telekinesis.

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - Cruise Elroy - 04-01-2018

[Image: Db5QypB.png]

This took a heck of a lot of effort, but here it is. Didn't think I'd be able to squeeze in an entry but I'm glad I was able to!

(any relations to other characters is entirely coincidental.)

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - Evil Yoshi Toes - 04-01-2018

My entry. I don't know what these creatures are so I'm not sure how they should look, so I just followed the one eye and no arms rule 

[Image: SlHaKyY.png]

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - Vitiman - 04-01-2018

[Image: LDHqd53.png]

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - chaoxys - 04-01-2018

(04-01-2018, 02:02 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: My entry. I don't know what these creatures are so I'm not sure how they should look, so I just followed the one eye and no arms rule 

[Image: SlHaKyY.png]

Honestly, once you follow the one eye/no arm thing, you basically have an ABCD. That said, you design looks really good.

------------------------------------------

Side thing, but I was talking to my buddy over on talkhaus, and, while this isn't finalized, there may be a new prize, as the best entry may have a cameo in a future ASMT game. Again, this isn't set in stone, and the people over there will be picking as they are making the game, but it's still a neat thing, so continue making entries, and you may pop up in a game  Big Grin

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - DustinVG - 04-01-2018

Here's something I just threw together. Apologies if it's a bit underwhelming.

[Image: hQKr7zz.png]

I dunno what to call this fella for sure, but maybe "Evolution", even if it might not be terribly in line with the other names. Basic idea is that he's an ABCD that got tired of not having arms, so he underwent cybernetic* enhancements to fix it. Does that make it not count? Hopefully it counts.

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - Kaguya Houraisan - 04-02-2018

Is there a deadline for this? just wanted to know, I might join as well if possible

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - chaoxys - 04-02-2018

(04-02-2018, 12:21 AM)Kaguya Houraisan Wrote: Is there a deadline for this? just wanted to know, I might join as well if possible

Generally I'd had say it ended along side April Fools day, however since it was also Easter, I understand that many people were out and about, so I guess we can keep it going until the end of today.

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - VinnyVideo - 04-02-2018

@Kaguya Houraisan I was planning to keep all our April Fool's stuff up today to accommodate people who live in different time zones (since some things weren't posted until late yesterday) and those who were busy on Easter.

So feel free to submit an entry if you can do it by the end of today.

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - GamerInGeorgia - 04-02-2018

Hey! Why not pick up a copy of Demo Fashion? The magazine that all Armless Cycloptic Space Demons read to find out the new trends!
Wow! Is that Cornelius I. Brow on the cover? Man, he sure is popular nowadays. Laughing  (That name has pun written all over it.)
And don't forget: "Just because you don't have hands doesn't mean that you can't look stylish!"  Cool
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This was fun! We should do April Fools more often. I wonder what the prize is...
Prize aside, how is the "deciding a winner" process going to work?

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - littlelum - 04-02-2018

Wait, doesn't the acronym for "Armless Cycloptic Space Demon"" is "ACSD instead of ABCD?

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - chaoxys - 04-02-2018

(04-02-2018, 08:09 PM)littlelum Wrote: Wait, doesn't the acronym for "Armless Cycloptic Space Demon"" is "ACSD instead of ABCD?

Sorry, I meant "Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon"

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - GamerInGeorgia - 04-03-2018

How will the voting work? If there is voting, that is.

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - chaoxys - 04-03-2018

I'm still working with my buddy from talkhaus on that to see if the cameo thing is still possibly happening. If it is then I'll leave the voting to the team working on said game since they work with ABCD designing and what not the most, so it'll be interesting to have their take on the matter.

That said, I believe everyone who joined in as of this post is getting a special badge.

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - chaoxys - 04-07-2018

Okay, so anyone who entered this simple contest is now the holder of a brand new rare badge, the Leek Badge! Wear it proudly friends, you earned it.

As for the voting, it's still underway. We have a number of votes already in, and we are waiting to hear back from the last few people. I'll update this post once I hear something. Oh, and I'm not going to spoil who it was, but a little birdy told me that raocow himself voted on one of the entries, so that's pretty cool.

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest - chaoxys - 04-10-2018

Alright, everything has been tallied up, numbers have been crunched, and all the math has been committed, and we finally have the top two winners that will have a cameo in an upcoming game.

1st- Evil Yoshi Toes

2nd- Chaoxys

Congrats DYT, not only did you win, but you did so by a freaking landslide with both the MFGG staff voting, and the talkhaus patreon voting. Plus, you even won raocow's vote, so awesome job, I look forward to spriting her in the near future. Btw, did you give her a name?

RE: Make a Good ABCD Contest (We have a winner!) - VinnyVideo - 04-10-2018

@chaoxys I think you mean Evil Yoshi Toes.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.