MFGG Forums
[split] More Super Submitter Badges - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [split] More Super Submitter Badges (/showthread.php?tid=709)

[split] More Super Submitter Badges - Kaguya Houraisan - 04-02-2018

(04-02-2018, 08:31 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: Super Game Submitter

will these be implemented someday? it's always nice to have a few more available badges to get by submitting more of a specific kind of content, also could help as encouragement for it and overall submission traffic

RE: [split] More Super Submitter Badges - VinnyVideo - 04-03-2018

(04-02-2018, 09:14 PM)Kaguya Houraisan Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 08:31 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: Super Game Submitter

will these be implemented someday? it's always nice to have a few more available badges to get by submitting more of a specific kind of content, also could help as encouragement for it and overall submission traffic

@Kaguya Houraisan I split this into a separate topic because it's a great suggestion and I don't want it to get lost in an April Fool's fun topic.

We have six different submission badges - Super Submitter, Super Tutorial Submitter, Super Sprite Submitter, Super Game Submitter, Super Audio Submitter, and Super Reviewer. Super Submitter and Super Reviewer are the only ones that have been implemented, although the others have existed for many years and haven't been used. On the old phpBB boards, someone (probably Char) wrote a script that pulls data from the mainsite to award Super Submitter and Super Reviewer badges on the forums without needing any admin intervention. (This is why we ask for your mainsite account ID number in the forum User Control Panel.) This script needs to be revised to work with MyBB, but this wouldn't be hard to do.

Anyway, this script could easily be modified to award Super Tutorial/Sprite/Game/Audio Submitter badges automatically. We could also award them manually.

I'd love to see us start using these badges more often - it's always nice when people get recognition for their quantity and quality of contributions. Feel free to discuss what the criteria should be for earning these badges.

RE: [split] More Super Submitter Badges - GamerInGeorgia - 04-03-2018

Sounds like a good idea to me! But how would it work? Would we need a set amount of submissions to qualify for this?

RE: [split] More Super Submitter Badges - VinnyVideo - 04-03-2018

@GamerInGeorgia Yeah, you'd need to make a certain number of submissions to qualify for each category. For example, currently you need to submit 25 reviews to become a Super Reviewer.

RE: [split] More Super Submitter Badges - littlelum - 04-03-2018

I like this idea. Hope it gets implemented soon!

RE: [split] More Super Submitter Badges - Kaguya Houraisan - 04-19-2018

(04-03-2018, 10:36 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: Feel free to discuss what the criteria should be for earning these badges.

I first thought that they could all be the same as Super Reviewer, requiring 25 submissions of the sort. But,

On a second thought, reviews are pretty simple to make, in comparison to other kinds of submissions, while games might be the hardest to make the required amount for the cut. And what if, in case people want to submit the required amount of games, the quality of the games decreases? For that, we can pick more reasonable amounts for each kind of submission:

Games: maybe 10-15
How-Tos: maybe 10-15
Sprites: maybe 20-25
Sounds: maybe 15-20

Just dumping some random ideas, you guys can join in and think of a better criteria. And be sure to keep the same standards of the queue! Keep encouraging to submit quality content.

Also, how about a Super Misc Submitter badge? since that category could definitely be useful for other content such as 3D models, or anything that doesn't fit in the others, and the badge would be an encouragement to contribute to it.

RE: [split] More Super Submitter Badges - VinnyVideo - 04-19-2018

@Kaguya Houraisan Yeah, those sound reasonable. I'd set the minimum a little lower for how-tos and sounds, since we don't get as many of those.

I wouldn't be too concerned about people submitting junk just to get a special submitter badge - declined submissions wouldn't count toward earning these badges.

I'm not sure if there's anything we could do with a Super Misc Submitter badge. The Misc section is just three pages long, and no one has submitted a large number of Misc submissions in there. Most of them are one-off things that don't fit in other categories. If we add a dedicated models section on MFGG, we'll want to add a Super Model Submitter badge, too.

RE: [split] More Super Submitter Badges - Pedigree - 04-26-2018

I like this idea, however I do think if we go this route it'd be a bit redundant to have the current Super Submitter badge as well. I'd say get rid of that badge if we do have super submitter badges for each kind of submission.

RE: [split] More Super Submitter Badges - Kaguya Houraisan - 06-04-2018

(04-19-2018, 11:11 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I'd set the minimum a little lower for how-tos and sounds, since we don't get as many of those.
Then,

How-Tos: maybe 5-10
Sounds: maybe 10-15

as I interpret "a little lower" as 5 (to stick to the '5' pattern), does this sound any better?

(04-26-2018, 07:22 AM)Pedigree Wrote: I like this idea, however I do think if we go this route it'd be a bit redundant to have the current Super Submitter badge as well. I'd say get rid of that badge if we do have super submitter badges for each kind of submission.

While you do have a point, as far as I know, the Super Submitter badge is just same as Submitter badge, which becomes Super Submitter when you reach a milestone of 100 submissions. The Submitter badge is already good to keep, as it serves as a public counter of your submissions, so if Super Submitter were to not be kept, reaching 100 submissions would mean losing a badge.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.