MFGG Forums
REJECTED A Dislike Button. - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: REJECTED A Dislike Button. (/showthread.php?tid=718)

A Dislike Button. - OssieTheOstrich - 04-07-2018

Add a 1down button separate from the 1up button.

RE: A Dislike Button. - Vitiman - 04-07-2018

I would only use a dislike button on this post, because it's a bad idea.

RE: A Dislike Button. - Mariotroid - 04-07-2018

People would downvote a lot. It would make newcomers feel bad. It's not a good idea.

RE: A Dislike Button. - Saltman - 04-07-2018

How would you feel if a post of yours had, like, 10 1-downs or something?

You would feel terrible probably.

RE: A Dislike Button. - Evil Yoshi Toes - 04-07-2018

Bad idea. If you disagree with someone’s post you should reply and specify why. A simple downvote could mean anything from “hm I don’t really agree” to “lmao you are an idiot get off this site we all hate you.” Im sure you can see why that’d be problematic.

RE: A Dislike Button. - Syaxamaphone - 04-07-2018

1down?? I can't believe OP forgot about poison mushroom smh

RE: A Dislike Button. - Pea - 04-07-2018

Most of the time, dislikes aren't used correctly. I wouldn't even imagine what a Facebook with a dislike would be like, due to the overwhelming nature of people arguing against each other over the most meaningless things.

If you like something, you compliment. If you don't like it, ignore it. Simple enough, yes?

RE: A Dislike Button. - СМБХфан - 04-07-2018

I am 100% certain everything Hello posts will be downvoted, and he would probably leave fangaming and this site.

Bullies and trolls (which aren't really a problem here) could (and I only say could) come and downvote members to harass and target people.

Flame wars could start to become more common here (even though those are rare now). As said before, newcomers will be discouraged from visiting the site.

I don't see a dislike button making MFGG a better discussion forum. I only see a minus world, with more arguments and confusion.

But besides the point, what effect does the downvote button have on coins?

RE: A Dislike Button. - Friendly Dictator - 04-07-2018

add a dislike button, but only on ostrich101 posts

RE: A Dislike Button. - VinnyVideo - 04-07-2018

I'm not a fan of Dislike buttons, especially for relatively small communities like MFGG. If you think something is cool but don't have detailed feedback to offer, the 1-Up button lets you show your support without needing to type a very brief reply. However, if you don't like something (whether it's someone's game, their artwork, or their opinion on something), you should explain why you don't like it and discuss how it could be improved.

I suppose it could be argued that the presence of a Dislike button might discourage people from posting really stupid or toxic things - especially on huge social networks like Twitter. However, in a creativity-oriented community like MFGG, new users would be discouraged if their work got a lot of dislikes, and unlike Twitter, MFGG has actual moderation that can step in if someone's being a jerk.

In other words, a Dislike button is not going to happen.

RE: A Dislike Button. - Yrr - 04-08-2018

give us a "You f***ing Moron" button instead

RE: A Dislike Button. - Minerador Slime - 04-08-2018

I agree with everyone saying a dislike button wouldn't work. Youtube itself revealed that, but i get what you mean.

RE: A Dislike Button. - Amine Retro - 04-08-2018

I didn't fully read the posts on this thread so here's my opinion:

Making a dislike button will just cause unneeded drama, for example, someone dislikes my post.
What will i do? of course, hunt him down and dislike all of his posts! and then he will make hate posts and maybe even threads to me, other users will interrupt, and so on...
See? unnecessary drama. SMBX forums also had this system a very long time ago, and got removed because of that.

RE: A Dislike Button. - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 04-09-2018

how about a OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO button

RE: A Dislike Button. - Pedigree - 04-09-2018

Facebook and Twitter don't have downvote options, and I'd imagine that's for a very good reason. Their comments sections are toxic enough without it, and a downvote option here would only lead to drama.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.