MFGG Forums
WIP Topic - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP Topic (/showthread.php?tid=75)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

WIP Topic - darkblueyoshi - 11-27-2017

Post your WIPs here!

Example:
[Image: AMdSXfA.gif]

[Image: egg.png]

RE: WIP Topic - geno7 - 11-27-2017

a while ago I posted an engine I had been working on modifying into a fangame, but like with most things I lost interest and it collected dust for months. I just recently went back to it and added a bunch of stuff to it though, mostly stuff I ripped off from Alien Soldier, making it into less of a platformer and more of an action run and gun. now I'm not sure whether I want it to be a fangame or an indie game, but I know the current mario sprites are probably placeholders

[Image: tumblr_p026mv6yVn1w9g3eko1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_ozs185SXv71w9g3eko3_500.gif]

(one of the gifs has an orange tint because of f.lux)

mario shoots rapid fire projectiles and he strafes while shooting, but I want to add a button that lets you stop and shoot in 8 directions like cuphead. if he double taps the fire button he can parry enemy projectiles. the timing is tricky to pull off but the idea is that its a risk-reward system because you can turn them into health pickups (tho health and health pickups aren't implemented yet). pressing down allows you to guard and take less damage, and down + jump makes you do a little dash move intended as an evasive maneuver to get on the other sides of larger enemies and whatnot

RE: WIP Topic - Syaxamaphone - 11-27-2017

Blessed WIP topic is back and better than ever!

Maybe I'll have something to show in a few hours.

RE: WIP Topic - Money - 11-28-2017

@Greeno If I could make a suggestion, maybe have a "strafe button" that you can hold to strafe? Otherwise I can see potential issues when people want to quickly shoot something behind them but can't bc theyre strafing. Maybe assign dash to a button as well?

RE: WIP Topic - GuiltyGhost - 11-28-2017

I remember seeing both of these sweet WIPs from a loong time ago, well over a year.

@darkblueyoshi  How's it coming along? Is it still C++ from scratch?

RE: WIP Topic - geno7 - 11-28-2017

(11-28-2017, 04:18 AM)MoneyMan Wrote: If I could make a suggestion, maybe have a "strafe button" that you can hold to strafe? Otherwise I can see potential issues when people want to quickly shoot something behind them but can't bc theyre strafing. Maybe assign dash to a button as well?

having a strafe button is actually a really damn good idea. and it actually fixes a problem ive been having where ill parry the wrong way because ill be strafing and accidentally switch directions in the space between the first and second taps of the shoot button

update i made a strafe button but i think a strafe button works far better on a controller than a keyboard

if youre holding down two buttons at the same time a lot on a keyboard all of them feel the same to your hand eye coordination so you get confused as to which one youre supposed to let go of, so i might want to stop strafing and accidentally stop shooting. on a controller you have stuff like the shoulder buttons which feel different to hold down than regular buttons so its harder to confuse. if the game were played with a controller then strafe would deffo be a shoulder button. but it might just be a thing that takes getting used to

in any event i could probably just start working with a controller when i playtest it bc i do have a usb joypad but ive just been too lazy to set up joypad support on the game

RE: WIP Topic - Syaxamaphone - 11-28-2017

Is it Sim City no its the War Girl map screen

[Image: WJwP0RS.png]

[Image: tD2oklN.png]

RE: WIP Topic - Willsaber - 11-28-2017

Everything about that looks perfection imo.

RE: WIP Topic - geno7 - 11-28-2017

@Syaxamaphone the sprites and the font look so damn nice

RE: WIP Topic - Nutshell - 11-28-2017

Waluigi Taco Test #001 (26-11-2017 Build)

RE: WIP Topic - Xander - 11-28-2017

(11-28-2017, 03:25 PM)No Name Wrote: Waluigi Taco Test #001 (26-11-2017 Build)

Very cool!

Is there any way to make him bobble a bit more as he walks? Not many people keep their head at the same height as they walk. Smile

RE: WIP Topic - Gate - 11-29-2017

[Image: qwKXtxC.gif]

Gotta show something from my new engine at last

RE: WIP Topic - Hyper - 11-29-2017

The sequel:
[Image: Cops2.gif]

RE: WIP Topic - Willsaber - 11-29-2017

Wow, I was playing the first game (Android version) literally last night! I'm looking forward to this.

RE: WIP Topic - Xander - 11-29-2017

Implemented a SMB2 style alternate jump for Waluigi. The air-swim as seen in a few Mario sports games.

[Image: test-waluigi.gif]

RE: WIP Topic - Willsaber - 11-29-2017

Is this your Wario fangame?

RE: WIP Topic - Xander - 11-29-2017

(11-29-2017, 11:02 PM)Willsaber Wrote: Is this your Wario fangame?
Yeah. I got around to abstracting the Hero class a bit, so now I am making more playable characters inheriting that code. It's been pretty fun.

Daisy and Toadette next. Smile

@Gatete, loving that SMB3-styled Yoshi action with the YI jump! Nicely done.

RE: WIP Topic - $kog - 11-30-2017

[Image: 24173025_1573342529368001_6418349009392940960_o.jpg]
I have defeated my inner demon of castle architecture!!!

RE: WIP Topic - SilverVortex - 11-30-2017

[Image: Screenshot_31.png]
odyssey2D progress screenie
thanks to @DonnieTheGuy for the new mario!

RE: WIP Topic - Gate - 11-30-2017

(11-29-2017, 11:09 PM)Xander Wrote: @Gatete, loving that SMB3-styled Yoshi action with the YI jump! Nicely done.

Thankies

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.