MFGG Forums
WIP Topic - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP Topic (/showthread.php?tid=75)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: WIP Topic - Hyper - 05-04-2020

I'm still working on this game:

I'm expecting to name this as "Regular Toad Game" and release a beta in around a week or two.

RE: WIP Topic - SuperSledgeBro - 05-20-2020

[Image: f1Yom9D.gif]
Slopes! Now, these work in a different way than most of you are used to. No collision masks are involved, it all works with numbers and variables! From my observation, this method should cause less FPS drops because every slope you see here is only a straight line with two set ends, and they tell exactly where Mario's position on the slope should be.

RE: WIP Topic - mrpin355 - 05-22-2020

(05-20-2020, 02:58 PM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: [Image: f1Yom9D.gif]
Slopes! Now, these work in a different way than most of you are used to. No collision masks are involved, it all works with numbers and variables! From my observation, this method should cause less FPS drops because every slope you see here is only a straight line with two set ends, and they tell exactly where Mario's position on the slope should be.
Gatete and I would like to talk.

Seriously tho, nice job.

RE: WIP Topic - NaitorStudios - 05-22-2020

(05-20-2020, 02:58 PM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote: [Image: f1Yom9D.gif]

Could you please help me with the collision/slope part? Sad
It's the only thing I can't get right...

RE: WIP Topic - SuperSledgeBro - 05-23-2020

(05-22-2020, 10:45 PM)NaitorStudios Wrote: Could you please help me with the collision/slope part? Sad
It's the only thing I can't get right...
Send me a private message so we can talk about it and see if my code will work!

RE: WIP Topic - SuperSledgeBro - 06-03-2020

I made this a long time ago, but I now decided to start touching it again. I spent a lot of time analysing the behavior of the Koopalings bosses in an emulator to try and copy it in Game Maker. I made all the SMB3 Koopalings, but Larry is the only one that came out near identical to the original, except for a few collision bugs and miliseconds of difference in the timers. I made Iggy from SMW as well, which made me proud (even though the imperfections are noticeable in the gif), but I gained some experience since then and I think I can make all that better now. Other Big Brin The purpose was to make a boss rush game.

RE: WIP Topic - SuperSledgeBro - 06-24-2020

[Image: ntUmLog.gif]

Behold! The see-saw platforms!!! Once again, using my new slope system. I'm surprised I was actually able to pull this off!

And, if you want to have an idea of how I made Mario rotate along the platform...
[Image: yZnUhQF.gif]

RE: WIP Topic - SuperSledgeBro - 08-09-2020

[Image: ttpBlop.gif]
I made a new slope collision engine that supports wide hitboxes! Big Grin If you saw my other gifs, the previous system worked by checking the slopes at the center of the player. This new system I made works by checking on the two "sensor lines" on the left and right side of the player. This is similar to the logic that the 2D Sonic games use; though there are places where it doesn't work in a desirable way, such as when Sonic is standing on the ledge of a trapezoid or the top of a triangle, he won't collide with pointy shapes between the two lines. This a problem that persists in a lot of fangames as well. The method I thought of fixes this issue, somewhat. The player picks every slope inside the area between the two sensor lines, stores them in a DS list, compare the height where the two lines are on each slope, and places the character on top of the highest one. Well, this method is not without its imperfections, but at least you can't see them in the gif. Whoops! It took me a lot of headaches to code this, so I don't plan on using it for anything.

RE: WIP Topic - NaitorStudios - 08-10-2020

Really interesting, SuperSledgeBro
Although I always see a single middle sensor being used on a slope and two for flat ground

RE: WIP Topic - Q-Nova - 08-10-2020

@SuperSledgeBro Whoa, all of this slope programming you've shown is awesome! Do you ever plan on releasing the code on the main site as a how-to (or tutorial)? I think people would find it very useful! Smile

RE: WIP Topic - SuperSledgeBro - 08-11-2020

(08-10-2020, 10:02 PM)Q-Nova Wrote: @SuperSledgeBro Whoa, all of this slope programming you've shown is awesome! Do you ever plan on releasing the code on the main site as a how-to (or tutorial)? I think people would find it very useful! Smile

Thank you! Yes, I'm planning to release it in the "Tutorials" tab in MFGG. But it all comes down to a single line of code, I'm afraid it may be too simple to be accepted.

RE: WIP Topic - Gate - 08-11-2020

(08-11-2020, 02:08 PM)SuperSledgeBro Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 10:02 PM)Q-Nova Wrote: @SuperSledgeBro Whoa, all of this slope programming you've shown is awesome! Do you ever plan on releasing the code on the main site as a how-to (or tutorial)? I think people would find it very useful! Smile

Thank you! Yes, I'm planning to release it in the "Tutorials" tab in MFGG. But it all comes down to a single line of code, I'm afraid it may be too simple to be accepted.

As long it works, it is accepted Smile

RE: WIP Topic - Mikeystar - 08-12-2020

[Image: wvU5HMk.gif]

This is an easter egg within Super Mario: All-Star Attack ... if you want to play as DK,
you will have to talk to the bygoers in Sushie's Shop.

RE: WIP Topic - smbmaster99 - 09-18-2020

[Image: bfJYdkQ.gif]

mimicking the old fashioned SNES/Genesis sprite segment movement was harder than i expected but I'm quite pleased with the result in the end

RE: WIP Topic - SuperSledgeBro - 09-25-2020

(09-18-2020, 05:51 PM)smbmaster99 Wrote: mimicking the old fashioned SNES/Genesis sprite segment movement was harder than i expected but I'm quite pleased with the result in the end
That must have been very complicated to make!

I myself am trying something a little bit similar:

[Image: pokeygif.gif]
[Image: pokeygif.gif]

RE: WIP Topic - mrpin355 - 10-25-2020

Really cool seeing people program segment movements, I'm willing to know how to make one that shares the same concept.

If only I was mentally capable of programming one that isn't fundamentally broken...

RE: WIP Topic - Chasman86 - 12-01-2020

[Image: Project-Popstar-Test1.png] [Image: Project-Popstar-Test2.png] [Image: Project-Popstar-Test3.png] [Image: Project-Popstar-Test4.png] [Image: Project-Popstar-Test5.png]

Testing out a possible 3d Kirby platformer. Trying to translate Kirby's typical movement into 3d while keeping it as smooth as HAL's 2.5d engine is more difficult than I thought.

RE: WIP Topic - kremling - 12-03-2020

Wow, that looks awesome!

RE: WIP Topic - Pedigree - 12-13-2020

progress on some dumb little thing in clickteam

RE: WIP Topic - Pedigree - 12-14-2020

Got koopa troopa mostly working today. Will be adding the collisions and such for the two koopa troopas against one another soon lol.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.