MFGG Forums
WIP Topic - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP Topic (/showthread.php?tid=75)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: WIP Topic - Gate - 12-01-2017

[Image: 5hC3I7r.gif]

More yoshi shenanigans

RE: WIP Topic - Render8 - 12-02-2017

Not sure if this is even worth posting or if anyone would really care. Just started getting back into dabbling in Fusion with a new SMB engine. Not sure how long I'll keep the 8-bit look, but I guess it stays for the time being.

I've quit this thing so many times but I've promised myself this time it's going further than just koopas and goombas lol.

Anyhow, this was some new stuff I picked up on from the clickteam forums for keeping the engine on one single frame and loading the levels from external files. Works awesome for warping in and out of bonus rooms and stay all on one frame.

Just some crappy GIFs since I can't figure out for the life of me how to do smoother GIF captures.

The good ol' 1UP trick with koopas. :-)

[Image: giphy.gif]

Then just some random not so exciting running around and testing stuff.

[Image: 1h5plh0.gif]

[Image: g4Ls2Du.gif]

[Image: 4FKPlZc.jpg]

RE: WIP Topic - Gate - 12-02-2017

Those look gorgeous, as for GIFs. I recommend using LICEcap

RE: WIP Topic - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-02-2017

That looks really awesome

RE: WIP Topic - Willsaber - 12-02-2017

I second LICECap. This may be the best Mario engine on Fusion to date! Are you planning on making this into an open source engine like Hello Engine, or is it for a personal project?

RE: WIP Topic - SuperFly - 12-02-2017

A-NSMW World 1-2: Quartz Cavern (w.i.p.) 

[Image: 9Nc8z7L.png]

RE: WIP Topic - Render8 - 12-02-2017

(12-02-2017, 04:54 AM)Gatete Wrote: Those look gorgeous, as for GIFs. I recommend using LICEcap

Awesome. Thanks for the tip. Right now I'm using some random program I found online called GIFCam, which is how I did these GIFs but it's a bit hassle on getting it to work and the results are kind of unpredictable. To be honest, I've always admired your animated GIFs since the're so smooth. Do you render your GIFs at 30 FPS or 60 because so far any method I found only allows up to 30. Again, I'm completely new to GIF rendering.

(12-02-2017, 05:43 PM)Willsaber Wrote: I second LICECap. This may be the best Mario engine on Fusion to date! Are you planning on making this into an open source engine like Hello Engine, or is it for a personal project?

Thanks so much. As far as going open source I really never restarted this project with user friendliness in mind. I kind of program things in the way that makes sense to me so I'm sure if someone were to look at this internally they would scratch their head lol. I do comment constantly and use groups for damn near everything, but it's definitely not made with the idea of just being a premade, ready to go engine. So as far as making it the next Hello open source kind of thing, I figure in best case scenario, I may just release the MFA when I'm ready to throw in the towel and just let people pick it apart and do as they wish since I'm not doing this for the popularity of having the next greatest SMB engine. For now, it''s just a personal project though.

RE: WIP Topic - Hyper - 12-03-2017

Thanks to Syax's suggestions and assistance, I have accomplished this:
[Image: Test_Wave2.gif]

This is just a test, I will use it on my indie games later on.

RE: WIP Topic - Gate - 12-03-2017

@Render8 I render mine at 30

[Image: hSguq8B.gif]

RE: WIP Topic - Render8 - 12-04-2017

Just some fun with......glitches? I just found this kind of entertaining for a minute lol. 

[Image: Q2crkJ1.gif]

RE: WIP Topic - Render8 - 12-11-2017

Just when I thought I had the physics figured out then this happens.....

RE: WIP Topic - $kog - 12-11-2017

[Image: Owen.png]
Is it a good idea to make a souls-like game with cute animals?

RE: WIP Topic - Gate - 12-13-2017

[Image: tflcdm.gif]

Gettin' there Wink

RE: WIP Topic - Benstar - 12-13-2017

[Image: nqn8WSs.gif]

Whoo first "real post" on the new website, really like the design of it! Anyway, I'm still working on this "gem" and its as broken as never before (thanks to GMS2)
Currently working on cleaning stuff up, making code more readable,redoing sprites, adding in features (there are still like 2 or 3 things missing for it to be feature complete) And yeah, thats all from me so far! Have been working a lot on my Indiegame, but I don't think that would belong here as much as Mario does :P

RE: WIP Topic - Merit Celaire - 12-13-2017

@Benstar: Looking okay so far; sorry to hear that you've run into a setback thanks to a software update/change. Trying to recall, is this the "Colors of Creation" fan installment you were talking about on the previous forums?

And I gotta see about getting my materials together thanks to two "Paper Mario" like game concepts I have (can't say much, but they wouldn't be like even the "official" installments, but one would use some operations like the original PM and PM: TTYD).

RE: WIP Topic - Benstar - 12-14-2017

Jup its Paper Mario Colors of Creation

RE: WIP Topic - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-14-2017

@Benstar That's looking awesome!

RE: WIP Topic - $kog - 12-16-2017

Anyone know some cool gadget/weapon I can attach to the arm? I wanna have some grappling hook thingy.

RE: WIP Topic - smbmaster99 - 12-16-2017

[Image: dbdCRho.gif]

And the pushable stone is new. The pushable object uses tiles rather than sprites so that'll save a bit of time and resources.

RE: WIP Topic - Hello - 12-19-2017

My next game, The Shroom Project, will be releasing before the end of this year!

[Image: 2D0Re1S.png]

[Image: tsp.png]

[Image: tsp2.png]

[Image: tsp3.png]

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.