MFGG Forums
WIP Topic - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP Topic (/showthread.php?tid=75)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: WIP Topic - Mariotroid - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 01:32 AM)Willsaber Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 01:09 AM)Mariotroid Wrote: Combat system. Guess what my game is?

Oh sweet, is the movie game back?

Yes indeed it' back. This time with a design document!!

RE: WIP Topic - $kog - 03-11-2018

I must tread lightly

RE: WIP Topic - mrpin355 - 03-12-2018

[Image: image.gif]
Mario is the cursor!

Just here bringing you two particular Yoshi's Island enemies!

RE: WIP Topic - Mariotroid - 03-14-2018

\
Going to finish making this and submit it to the mainsite.

RE: WIP Topic - smbmaster99 - 04-03-2018

[Image: rgavVhY.png]

Making good progress on the characters' facial expressions for my rpg. The "no entry" symbols just mean that the character won't use a special facial expression for that particular emotion.

The Riolu ones and the Pikachu ones are pretty much unoriginal except for a few poses + the eye color (on riolu) and the bandana (on pikachu), but everything else was made by me

RE: WIP Topic - smbmaster99 - 04-07-2018

Double post but i got a little bit more.

I made a mockup of my RPG's battle system:

[Image: D7nb92b.png]

everything is subject to change

RE: WIP Topic - smbmaster99 - 04-17-2018

Yet another post but i've updated the mockup further:

I was originally gonna use a turn-based system but then i'd've had to've made a good deal more sprites, and bigger ones at that, so i decided to go with a real-time combat system inspired largely by Xenoblade Chronicles 1.

Techs are the various moves you can use; you can swap between techs in the pause menu outside of battle. When a tech is used, its icon will darken, become slightly transparent, and shrink considerably. It will gradually resize to normal proportions and become opaque again, as well as sparkle briefly when it's available to use again. Each tech has a different amount of cool down time.

Techs have two important qualities - Nature, and Type. The Type represents its... well, "type". Like if Riky uses "Swords Dance", then its Type is Normal. This information is important when you want to deal critical damage to enemies who are of a Type that is weak against attacks of a certain Type. The Nature of the Tech represents the quality of the move itself. All techs are color-coded:

Red (physical move)
Purple (Offensive Aura)
Blue (Defensive Aura)
Orange (Temporary Stat-boosting Aura)
Gray (Character-specific Skills / Items / Flee / Initiate Team Combo

Characters also have Morale, which itself has 5 stages, which are simply Neutral, Motivated, Fired Up, Downcast, and Despondent. The higher a character's morale, the more accurate their attacks are and the more likely they will be to land critical hits. If any team member has Despondent morale, then a team combo can't be performed.

Team combos are very much like chain attacks from Xenoblade but with an added twist - at the end of a combo, the Types of the Techs you've used may result in a very powerful after-effect. Like if Riky, Fiona, and Vergil use offensive Techs of certain Types in a certain way, then it could result in a "Scalding Water" or "Steam Bomb" combo which will deal massive damage, for example

Also one more thing I should mention: since this mockup was made, i also went and expanded the width of the game's view so as to make the screen a little less crowded during battles

RE: WIP Topic - OssieTheOstrich - 04-17-2018

If can't tell what this is, then were you sleeping under a rock for the past few years?!

oh and here is another one.

RE: WIP Topic - Pedigree - 04-26-2018

Early beginnings learning Game Maker Language in GM Studio 2.

RE: WIP Topic - Pedigree - 04-27-2018

RE: WIP Topic - Syaxamaphone - 05-05-2018

Not directly mine, but here's the completed boss theme for War Girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G9ucDj9EPA

RE: WIP Topic - YoshisIsland3 - 05-11-2018

(04-17-2018, 11:17 PM)Ostrich101 Wrote: If can't tell what this is, then were you sleeping under a rock for the past few years?!

oh and here is another one.

The first one is a reference to Minecraft obviously.

The second one is nice, it is from Mario Generations?

RE: WIP Topic - smbmaster99 - 05-13-2018

[Image: fLNsMzM.gif]

made this for fun while rewriting bits and pieces of my Lucario RPG's story to prevent myself from getting burned out

RE: WIP Topic - Q-Nova - 05-13-2018

That's pretty neat, @smbmaster99! Out of curiosity, are those boxing things from a Mario game, or are they an original element you made up (tried to look through Mario Wiki, but I couldn't find anything)? Also, your Lucario RPG game is looking very cool!

RE: WIP Topic - smbmaster99 - 05-14-2018

(05-13-2018, 10:09 PM)Q-Nova Wrote: That's pretty neat, @smbmaster99! Out of curiosity, are those boxing things from a Mario game, or are they an original element you made up (tried to look through Mario Wiki, but I couldn't find anything)? Also, your Lucario RPG game is looking very cool!

Thanks o3o i actually don't remember where i found the boxing glove sprite lol I've had it in a "scrap" sheet of sorts for over a year now and XP

And thanks again :p development is slow of course due to school and writing can be draining at times lol but otherwise work is going pretty good on it. Recently fixed a load of glitches too so that's nice.

RE: WIP Topic - $kog - 05-15-2018

Three months into this one! Might be the furthest I've ever gotten on a project!

RE: WIP Topic - GamerInGeorgia - 05-18-2018

@$kog - That trailer looks spectacular! The game looks awesome! Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like!

RE: WIP Topic - Briraka - 05-18-2018

underwater music for a game i might make.

as far as gameplay goes, think of SMB1, but like, more of it.

RE: WIP Topic - OssieTheOstrich - 05-27-2018

The first image of an actual level in Mario Generations: Super Mario Land's 1-1.

RE: WIP Topic - Yoshi2000 - 05-27-2018

A game I'm making called: Super Mario Bros Fusion. It'll basically be one large SMB1 crossover with various other franchises such as Zelda, Sonic, DKC, Kirby as well as newer Mario titles.
Here's a gif of what I have so far:
[Image: aPewWRs.gif]

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.