MFGG Forums
WIP Topic - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP Topic (/showthread.php?tid=75)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: WIP Topic - OssieTheOstrich - 06-04-2019

[Image: Test4.gif]
I think that I need to clarify that this is local multiplayer, I've not grasped online multiplayer yet.

RE: WIP Topic - Q-Nova - 06-04-2019

That SMB3 game looks really cool, @Ostrich101! We really need more multiplayer fangames here.

RE: WIP Topic - SilverVortex - 06-05-2019

(06-04-2019, 09:25 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote: [Image: Test4.gif]
I think that I need to clarify that this is local multiplayer, I've not grasped online multiplayer yet.

this looks great! you should probably make it compatible with parsec, which lets you play online by pairing player 2's controller to the pc. you should check it out.

RE: WIP Topic - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-05-2019

What SilverVortex mentioned would be a really cool thing to implement if you are able to. Looking good!

RE: WIP Topic - OssieTheOstrich - 06-07-2019

(06-05-2019, 04:16 AM)SilverVortex Wrote: this looks great! you should probably make it compatible with parsec, which lets you play online by pairing player 2's controller to the pc. you should check it out.

(06-05-2019, 11:35 AM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: What SilverVortex mentioned would be a really cool thing to implement if you are able to. Looking good!

Thanks guys! As for making it compatible Parsec, I really don't know how to do it, and there aren't any tutorials for it, so it's just gonna be offline local multiplayer.

Oh and there is this. Once again, I'm Mario while JC is Luigi.
[Image: vGyYcQQzVYmXrrnhiequclsQZfIM_-G_uxF6efL0...52-h432-no]

I'm not sure if the image is gonna show up or not, since Vinny had a few troubles when I used Google Photos to host a update to Super Mario Generations..

RE: WIP Topic - starscratcher - 06-07-2019

Hey everyone,

it's been a loooong time since I posted on MFGG!
After that failed Luigi's Mansion Fangame some may still remember from the old forums, I now started working on a 2D platforming game.
There is no concept or idea yet, just some prototyping. I made the tiles myself with some inspiration.  Laughing
[Image: Jumper.gif]

RE: WIP Topic - SonicKade2048 - 06-07-2019

Not anything for a major or minor project, but more of me making stuff other people can use. Warning, large images ahead.
I made sure to keep everything within a 4x4x4 block radius, but some of the paths may not be aligned properly in a tiled fashion. Otherwise, this is what I've made so far. How is it?

RE: WIP Topic - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-07-2019

I think it looks pretty cool. Is that on Roblocks?

RE: WIP Topic - Mikeystar - 06-10-2019

[Image: aUKxkvv.gif]
Back for some more, here, have a GIF of me testing out the Yoshi Wings. Tonguing in the air while flying
feels so satisfying. This is the result of me taking 7 hours to re-render all of Yoshi's animations.

RE: WIP Topic - starscratcher - 06-14-2019

Used Mario for some more fine-tuning of my player controller.  Big Grin

[Image: JumperMario.gif]

RE: WIP Topic - starscratcher - 06-16-2019

I've added some more tiles and implemented a switch and the corresponding toggleable blocks.  Cool
It also supports multiple switches to extend the time you have before the blocks switch their state back.

[Image: JumperMario2.gif]

RE: WIP Topic - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-16-2019

That looks great!

RE: WIP Topic - Lenolol - 06-21-2019

https://ibb.co/FhHfrgw

Unnamed fnaf fangame based off of SPM

RE: WIP Topic - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-21-2019

Very interesting concept. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with that.

RE: WIP Topic - OssieTheOstrich - 06-23-2019

Did some stuff for the Waluigi Joke Game.
[Image: Die.gif]
[Image: Continue.gif]

RE: WIP Topic - SilverVortex - 07-06-2019

well, it's been some while since i've posted some development progress on this game!
[Image: crouchattackanimationtest.gif]
here's the actual animation;
[Image: conor_fighting_crouch_weakstab.gif]

RE: WIP Topic - OssieTheOstrich - 07-06-2019

You guys really seem to like this Mario 3 multiplayer test project, so here's some more stuff in it.
[Image: Multiplayer_Test_5.gif]
In this GIF I'm Luigi while Slug101 was Mario. And before you ask, this is still local multiplayer, I did try to make online multiplayer work but I couldn't.

I'm probably going to work on making Toad and Peach playable next, and some other things as well.

(By the way, Princess Peach's sprite was made by Mr Yoshbert. For those who want to see it, here's a link.)

RE: WIP Topic - OssieTheOstrich - 07-07-2019

I added Toad to the game, he's faster than Mario and Luigi, but his jump is lower than Mario's.
[Image: Multiplayer_Test_6.gif]

Here's Luigi vs. Toad. Luigi is slower and more slippery than Mario and Toad, but he can jump higher than everyone else.
[Image: Multiplayer_Test_7.gif]

And finally, here's Princess Peach. She the slowest and has the lowest jump, but she has the ability to float.
[Image: Multiplayer_Test_8.gif]
Peach's code isn't fully done, so this is why she doesn't react to enemies or the death pit.

Also not I'm playing with JC in Peach's GIF, cause I didn't have enough time to setup the Gamepads.

RE: WIP Topic - OssieTheOstrich - 07-08-2019

Here's some more stuff to that SMB3 Multiplayer engine.

Here are some improvements to Princess Peach.
[Image: Multiplayer_Test_9_ALT.gif]
First, I changed her "floating" to be more accurate to SMB2, as the original version I did worked more like Yoshi's flutter jump.
Second, I made her build up the P-Meter slower than everyone else.
Third, I gave her a few animation changes. And last, I made her able to die to enemies.(edited)
Also Toad builds up the P-Meter the quickest, Mario builds it up at normal speed, Luigi is slower than Mario, and like I said earlier, Peach is the slowest.

Autoscrolling.
[Image: Multiplayer_Test_10.gif]
There are three speeds: Fast (the one in the GIF), Medium, and Slow.

You can also have vertical autoscrolling.
[Image: Multiplayer_Test_11_alt.gif]

RE: WIP Topic - OssieTheOstrich - 07-10-2019

more of that smb3 stuff
[Image: Multiplayer_Test_12.gif]
The Cappy code will be in use in a future fangame of mine. (It won't be in the SMB3 style, however.)

I also changed Peach's outline to be black, for consistency.
[Image: smb3peachcolorchange.PNG]

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.