MFGG Forums
How many members have been banned for.... - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: How many members have been banned for.... (/showthread.php?tid=758)

How many members have been banned for.... - OssieTheOstrich - 04-18-2018

...doing bad (and sometimes criminal/illegal) things both either the site or real life?

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - Pedigree - 04-18-2018

I guess it's up to people if they want to share stories of what they've been banned for or not, but this kind of topic could potentially cause drama.

Please be careful.

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - VinnyVideo - 04-18-2018

How do you get banned in real life? Does an in-school suspension count, or do you have to go jail or get exiled to a desert island?

I've never been banned on MFGG (or any other online community, as far as I'm aware). Back in 2010 I got a 1-point warning from an old admin for saying that a bad topic was a bad topic, but that's about it.

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - OssieTheOstrich - 04-18-2018

(04-18-2018, 09:25 AM)VinnyVideo Wrote: How do you get banned in real life? Does an in-school suspension count, or do you have to go jail or get exiled to a desert island?
Going to jail.

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - Evil Yoshi Toes - 04-18-2018

I don't think someone could be banned from MFGG based on real life actions. For all you know MFGG could be made up of thieves and murderers, but since we are good kids online we don't get banned.

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - Vitiman - 04-18-2018

Once almost 5 years ago, I deleted more than a handful of wiki articles in a bid to get permabanned. I wasn't enjoying the community at all at the time, and I had my own personal hangups and ambitions that I was pursuing - that said, I was also an overly dramatic teenager and really shouldn't have done that at all, but the past is the past.

Other than that, I got warned a few times on the old IPB forums for posting without thinking. Reading back through some of those old warn logs though (be they mine or anyone else's), geez... some of the moderators really went out of their way to write spiteful things. Not terribly professional stuff, honestly.

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - Kritter - 04-18-2018

I banned myself from the community by deleting my account and taking a much needed hiatus.

I've been banned a number of times through the years.

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - OssieTheOstrich - 04-19-2018

I was thinking about something like this: [link redacted]
But with a MFGG member.

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - Pedigree - 04-19-2018

Well if you're phishing for information like that, you definitely will not find it here.

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - Vitiman - 04-19-2018

I think outwardly asking if anyone on MFGG is a convicted child molester is probably an extremely bad idea and you should rethink what you're doing here.

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - DustinVG - 04-19-2018

Frankly, I'm not entirely sure how to go about responding to this, but linking to such a thread may count as an outside dispute, so I'd advise against it.

I don't think anybody on MFGG has been convicted of such a thing, no.

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - OssieTheOstrich - 04-19-2018

I talking about members that have commited extremely bad things in real life.

The one about Sonic Retro's Tweaker was an example.

and i'm talking about Old members, not new ones. (Like on the php forums)

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - Pedigree - 04-19-2018

To be honest, whether or not someone here has done something criminal or "really bad" irl is none of your business. That's between those involved, their families and the authorities.

RE: How many members have been banned for.... - Kritter - 04-19-2018

I honestly know of nobody who has been arrested on MFGG forums. I'm sure someone has along the lines but that's really their business and not ours.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.