MFGG Forums
DEMO Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: DEMO Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) (/showthread.php?tid=792)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) - OssieTheOstrich - 04-26-2018

Super Mario Generations is a fangame that takes a page from Sonic Generations's concept and applies it to the Mario series. It allows you to play as Classic and Modern Mario in stages based off famous levels from many Mario games.
[Image: titlezoom.png]

Feedback Demo Windows Version 2.5
Feedback Demo Mac OS X Version 2.5

Spoilered Original Post:

RE: Need Co-Programmer/s, Musician/s, and a Co-Level Designer/s! - Pedigree - 04-26-2018

Before you go on recruiting a team, you should really consider the following basics:
  • Provide a design document detailing what your game is, what minimum features you need for the game to function, the controls, the story, how many levels there are, what levels they are, etc. You need to have a clear and well thought out plan before you even try to gather and organize a group of people.
  • Provide details on what you are bringing to the table and how you will be involved in development. Provide some examples of your work.
  • Remember that you are asking for volunteers to help you with your project. From where I'm sitting, your request seems very bossy and demanding in tone.

RE: Need Co-Programmer/s, Musician/s, and a Co-Level Designer/s! - OssieTheOstrich - 04-26-2018

(04-26-2018, 08:33 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Before you go on recruiting a team, you should really consider the following basics:
  • Provide a design document detailing what your game is, what minimum features you need for the game to function, the controls, the story, how many levels there are, what levels they are, etc. You need to have a clear and well thought out plan before you even try to gather and organize a group of people.
  • Provide details on what you are bringing to the table and how you will be involved in development. Provide some examples of your work.
  • Remember that you are asking for volunteers to help you with your project. From where I'm sitting, your request seems very bossy and demanding in tone.
  • About the design document, do you mean make a very long post detailing the game and what's it about?
  • About what i'm bringing to the table, i'm the main programer and the only artist.
  • If i sounded bossy in tone, i didn't intend that.

RE: Need Co-Programmer/s, Musician/s, and a Co-Level Designer/s! - Pedigree - 04-26-2018

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/LeandroGonzalez/20160726/277928/How_to_Write_a_Game_Design_Document.php

A good guide, though you should ignore the sections on funding, target groups, localisation, etc. since this is a fangame.

RE: Need Co-Programmer/s, Musician/s, and a Co-Level Designer/s! - VinnyVideo - 04-26-2018

There aren't any strict rules for what you need to include, but the more information you can give people, the better. Your original post doesn't include key details like the genre of game (platformer, RPG, etc.) or the tool you're making it in (GM, Clickteam, Unity, etc.).

Also, since you're a spriter/artist who's heading up a project, it might help if you include some sprites or concept art you've made for the game.

RE: Need Co-Programmer/s, Musician/s, and a Co-Level Designer/s! - OssieTheOstrich - 05-26-2018

Update: @GamerInGeorgia is the musician for the fangame!

RE: Need Co-Programmer/s, Musician/s, and a Co-Level Designer/s! - Mariotroid - 05-26-2018

I highly suggest a game design document. You'l be lost without it.

RE: Need Co-Programmer/s, Musician/s, and a Co-Level Designer/s! - OssieTheOstrich - 06-29-2018

Update: Due to the amount of work of both the art and the levels, and the fact that i'm not the sharpest level designer in the shed, i'm starting to need a level designer and a co-artist to make the art i can't do.

RE: Needing Co-Programmer/s and Level Designer/s for Super Mario Generations. - originalpmfan - 07-14-2018

i could be a level designer? If the roles are still available- I can be a co-programmer, i have experience on a lot of engines, i remember doing stuf in construct 2.

RE: Needing Co-Programmer/s and Level Designer/s for Super Mario Generations. - bigpotato - 07-15-2018

A thought on sprites: Don't be afraid to use darker colors in your ramps. Right now the tiles in your screenshots look rather monotone. This guy's tutorials might be worth your time: http://finalbossblues.com/thinking-in-color/

RE: Needing Co-Programmer/s and Level Designer/s for Super Mario Generations. - Victorino - 08-06-2018

I could help you as a programmer. I have more or less an intermediate or high-intermediate level in Construct 2 (it's also my main engine when practising software development). So what do you say?

RE: Needing a Level Designer(or Designers) for Super Mario Generations. - OssieTheOstrich - 09-13-2018

Whew, progress has slowed down for the last few days, but Me, Georgia and Victorino are still working on the project.

Starting work on the SMB2 1-1 level.
[Image: Shy_Guys.gif]
Here are the Shy Guys!

RE: Needing a Level Designer(or Designers) for Super Mario Generations. - SonicKade2048 - 09-13-2018

I'm willing to bet that those graphics for the Shy Guys are actually edited versions of mine. The similarities are too similar.
[Image: matching.png]
Can I be wrong? Yes. Am I saying they actually are my sprites? Maybe. Am I saying Ostrich stole them? Probably. What I want to know is where he got them from in the first place, if he edited them off of someone else's sprites at all.

RE: Needing a Level Designer(or Designers) for Super Mario Generations. - VinnyVideo - 09-13-2018

I wouldn't mind seeing more SMB2-inspired fangame concepts.

@KirbyLover2048 Why are you complaining that Ostrich "stole" your sprites? They look like they're based on sprites you submitted to the mainsite, and that's exactly what the mainsite's graphics section is for - sharing sprites so other people can use them in their games and other creations.

RE: Needing a Level Designer(or Designers) for Super Mario Generations. - SonicKade2048 - 09-13-2018

Allow me to elaborate, Vinny.
  1. He didn't credit me for them if he did use them.
  2. He didn't ask me if he could use them.
  3. They're edited off of my own sprites, and I want people to ask for permission before using/editing my work.
If he didn't edit my sprites and/or this is just a graphical coincidence, then I'm sorry, but until Ostrich replies with an answer, I'm holding my stance on this.

RE: Needing a Level Designer(or Designers) for Super Mario Generations. - Evil Yoshi Toes - 09-13-2018

That looks pretty cool. This looks like it could turn out to be a really fun fan game. 

@KirbyLover2048 I am not understanding the issue here either. Why would he assume that he has to ask you if he can use them when you submitted them to the main site, which exists to host fan games and supply people with resources for their fan games? On top of that you didn't request that people ask you before using your sprites, and you couldn't even know that he didn't credit you for them in his game because the game is not completed and we do not have access to any credits screen.

[Image: You_got_me_there.PNG]

RE: Needing a Level Designer(or Designers) for Super Mario Generations. - OssieTheOstrich - 09-14-2018

@KirbyLover2048 I did use your sprites, they were from the Glitch Strikers rips/edits. But those are just placeholders, cause i didn't want to delay showing them by making my own sprites. This is also why the ground is directly unedited from SMB2.

Now can we please go back to the topic at hand.

RE: Needing a Level Designer(or Designers) for Super Mario Generations. - Shadow Administrator Drei - 09-14-2018

Definitely get rid of those shy guys; they're completely out of place.

RE: Needing a Level Designer(or Designers) for Super Mario Generations. - Syaxamaphone - 09-14-2018

(09-13-2018, 07:15 PM)KirbyLover2048 Wrote: He didn't ask me if he could use them.

lol whats the point of even uploading them to the main site??

You're being way too stingy my dude.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.