MFGG Forums
DEMO Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: DEMO Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) (/showthread.php?tid=792)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Feedback Demo 2 Released!) - OssieTheOstrich - 07-09-2020

Sorry for not posting an update for a while, I really didn't have the motivation to do so until day before yesterday.
Before that motivation came back though, I submitted the 2.5 Feedback Demo on the main site, which you can go to clicking on this image.
 [Image: tMV0YQo.png]

So when I got the motivation I made these sprites.

First, here is the Classic Mario stuff:

This SMB2 picking up object frame.
[Image: mariogenerationsmario2pickup4.png]

The SMW win pose.
[Image: mariogenerationsmarioworldwin3.png]

The SMW running animation, along with the running jump sprite.
[Image: mariogenerationsmariorunning.png]
[Image: mariogenerationsmariorunningjump.png]

And a new version of Raccoon Mario.
[Image: mariogenerationsnewraccoonmario3.png]

Now here is the Modern Mario stuff:

Various options for Jumping.
[Image: mariogenerationsjumpoptions.png]

A newer diving pose based off Mario Odyssey. (The one on the left is from Mario Party Advance and was used as reference.)
[Image: mariogenerationsmariodive.png]
(Small note: the front hand in this one was slightly changed after this screenshot was taken.)

The NSMB win pose, which I'll make an animation for. ("That's-a so nice!")
[Image: Thats-a_so_nice.png]

Redid the Mario 64 win pose, which means I'll also redo the animation itself. ("Here we go!") 
[Image: herewego.png]

And I'm replacing Cape Mario with Flying Squirrel Mario, since 1. It's easier to program, and 2. It's an actual Modern Power Up, while the Cape isn't.
[Image: mariogenerationsflyingsquirrelmario.png]
(I forgot to put his tail oops..)

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Feedback Demo 2 Released!) - OssieTheOstrich - 07-23-2020

Some small updates (like very very small updates) I guess.

SMB2 pickup animations for Classic Mario.
[Image: smb2pickup.gif]
[Image: mariogenerationsmarioducksmb2.png]

And a Classic Luigi sprite.
[Image: mariogenerationsluigi2.png]

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Feedback Demo 2 Released!) - HellJumper - 07-29-2020

This is looking really nice. I do notice some banding on the sprites, but overall it looks good. I'm impressed with how many neat references you're hiding in just the sprites themselves. A true homage.

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Feedback Demo 2 Released!) - Mariotroid - 07-29-2020

Yeah, agreed. This game looks good. I love your continued progress. The demo was pretty fun.

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Feedback Demo 2 Released!) - OssieTheOstrich - 08-24-2020

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Feedback Demo 2 Released!) - Slayer - 08-28-2020

Seems like it is going good!

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Feedback Demo 2 Released!) - friendlinzh - 09-12-2020

this game was pretty fun.keep up the nice work

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Feedback Demo 2 Released!) - OssieTheOstrich - 11-07-2020

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Feedback Demo 2 Released!) - Slayer - 11-10-2020

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Feedback Demo 2 Released!) - vlax - 09-29-2021

This is great! Any news about the project?

If suggestions are welcome, here's an idea for a powerup:
Hammer suit - for retro mario.
Boomerang suit for modern, with ability to jump on boomerang while it's on air.
And since both suits give Mario a shell - add blue shell powerup functionality.

*rotten mushroom from smm2 plz*

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Feedback Demo 2 Released!) - GeneSu730 - 10-14-2021

Ostrich101, do you happen to have Mario and Luigi 3D sprites with the cape?

If you notice in my Super Mario game, I eschewed the Raccoon transformation in favor of the cape. The cape has not gotten enough love.

If you have Caped Mario sprites, I might want to use them in a future 3D version of my game.

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Feedback Demo 2 Released!) - OssieTheOstrich - 10-24-2021

So I hopped in to check the forums and I found that I got some questions/suggestions, so here are my responses.

(09-29-2021, 03:04 PM)vlax Wrote: This is great! Any news about the project?

If suggestions are welcome, here's an idea for a powerup:
Hammer suit - for retro mario.
Boomerang suit for modern, with ability to jump on boomerang while it's on air.
And since both suits give Mario a shell - add blue shell powerup functionality.

*rotten mushroom from smm2 plz*

First up, the project has been in hiatus for a long while due to life, as well as some stalling on making levels, but I do want to admit that my knowledge of Mario (which is needed for like, a fangame based on Mario's past games) isn't really as sharp as say, my knowledge of Angry Birds.

On the subject of the Hammer Suit and Boomerang Suit, I actually had that idea a long while ago, though this was during some life events (plus I had a Angry Birds fangame in fast development), so I didn't get the chance to implement it. About adding blue shell functionality to both suits, I would decline to do so since I don't want to change how certain objects work, unless that object was only in 1 Mario game and never appeared again (like the Walrus for instance, which by the way, the Classic version was going to work like the DK'94 Walruses in the Ice world, while the Modern version would be targeting Mario directly).

*rotten mushroom I never even considered, but if I did it would probably just be the Poison Mushroom*

(10-14-2021, 11:32 PM)GeneSu730 Wrote: Ostrich101, do you happen to have Mario and Luigi 3D sprites with the cape?

If you notice in my Super Mario game, I eschewed the Raccoon transformation in favor of the cape. The cape has not gotten enough love.

If you have Caped Mario sprites, I might want to use them in a future 3D version of my game.

No, I do not have any 3D sprites of Mario and Luigi with the cape. I do not even have any 3D models of Mario and Luigi with the cape. On a related note, I've said in the MFGG Discord in a convo with Kirb that I won't be giving away  the sprites unless if I was to cancel the fangame, which I really don't have the urge to do so, despite the long hiatus.

Sometimes (when I start thinking about the fangame) I kinda wish I either A), never made the fangame in the first place or B), made a much less ambitious fangame which would've been easier to finish, as I feel I've put too much stock in people hoping to see the fangame release.

It will probably not release anytime soon, but that doesn't mean I'll kill the project. In fact, a few months ago I even did some small progress on it: 

I will probably return to possibly finishing this project someday, so that's all I have to say about that.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.