MFGG Forums
DEMO Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: DEMO Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) (/showthread.php?tid=792)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 10-27-2018

(10-26-2018, 06:40 PM)gengarmaster Wrote: Maybe you should add the Rocket Nozzle or Fludd
Rocket Nozzle and F.L.U.D.D are the same thing, thanks for suggestions but sadly i'll not add those.. i once made a fangame with lots of unfinished things and never ended it due to many things i had to add, and i don't want the same to happen to this project either.

Anyway, back to the updates.

More tired animations.
[Image: Im_a_tired.gif]

Dust particles for Modern Mario, as well as a few minor things..
[Image: Dust.gif]
[Image: Dust_Jump.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - Honey Saucer Gengar - 10-27-2018

Rocket Nozzle and Fludd aren't the same thing
I actually meant to say squirt nozzle the standard nozzle

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 10-28-2018

Huge thanks to Langton for making 1-1 Modern feel much better than it was before!
[Image: Umylnqn.gif]
1-1 Modern Underground, also made by Langton.
[Image: BiByztU.gif]

Mario has been burned by fire, again.
[Image: FIRE.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - Mariotroid - 10-29-2018

Just wanted to drop by to say this is a very impressive looking project so far!!
How many levels have you completed? I'm impressed you're getting so much work done on this, so fast.

...I need to get my butt around to Mario Holidays.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 10-29-2018

(10-03-2018, 08:05 PM)Mariotroid Wrote: Do you have any cool mechanics ideas? Maybe level gimmicks?
I really don't have any at the moment, other than the wind in the SML level.
(10-29-2018, 02:43 AM)Mariotroid Wrote: How many levels have you completed? I'm impressed you're getting so much work done on this, so fast.
Well, the only level truly completed is SMB1 Classic, though SML Classic is almost done, as well as SMB2 Classic.
SMB1 Modern is still being done, SMWW* Ice level (Classic) is being done, and also their is a Donkey Kong boss level (Classic) which i haven't touch for a while.
*Super Mario Wacky Worlds.

Anyway, heres a few more updates.
1-1 Modern has been fixed up a bit, mostly the ground sprite.
[Image: 6fRN15W.gif]
Modern Koopa Troopas can now be kicked.
[Image: Modern_Koopa_Revamp.gif]
Shelless Modern Koopas have been added.
[Image: Modern_Koopa_Troopa_Shelless.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 10-31-2018

I went back to the Donkey Kong level and fixed up how the barrels work.
[Image: Barrels_for_Mario.gif]
[Image: Barrels_for_Mario_2.gif]

Thanks to Yoshin/Diantha for redoing the SMB2 level.
[Image: 8q4vjnj.gif]

Added the SML Goal. (It doesn't function right now.)
[Image: SML_Goal.gif]

Fun With Dispair in the dev-showcase on the MFGG Discord Wrote:Ostrich, I've been meaning to ask. Does your game use an existing engine or is it entirely original?
It was from a remake of SMB1, which i overhauled with @Victorino.

(link to the remake, and link to the file of the remake, in case you're interested.)

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 11-02-2018

A few updates....

Made the intro level for the DK Boss, based on the Big City in DK'94.
[Image: Key.gif]
Updated the pickup animation.
[Image: New_Pickup_Animation.gif]
Added more animations to Fire Mario.
[Image: Fire_Mario_Animations.gif]
[Image: Fire_Mario_Animations_2.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 11-03-2018

I don't have many updates to show, but anyway...

I finally changed the shrink and die animations.
[Image: Shrink_Fix.gif]
Added both classic and modern Superstar.
[Image: Starman_Classic.gif]
[Image: Starman_Modern.gif]
I gave Small Mario a pickup animation. This was EXTREMELY frustrating to work on.
[Image: I_FIXED_IT.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 11-05-2018

How sad is this, only one update.
Oh well, it's better then nothing.
[Image: Spin_Jump_2.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 11-08-2018

I don't have a update, but instead of me typing the news i'll let a image i made tell you.

[Image: Ossiept1.png]
*albeit extremely slowly.
[Image: Ossiept2.png]

[Image: Ossiept3.png]

(i showed this to GamerinGeorgia as well. He wasn't online though.)

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - SonicKade2048 - 11-08-2018

Using large images to give something that can be said simply is a bit over-the-top for me, but I hope you get some work done on the game soon.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - Pedigree - 11-08-2018

I feel like you need more stage variety. There's a lot of grassland levels in this game.

Sonic Generations had many wildly different themes by comparison

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - VinnyVideo - 11-08-2018

It's annoying when teammates go AWOL, but they'll probably come back eventually. Even if progress comes slowly, progress is still progress!

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 11-09-2018

New updates!
[Image: Intro_WIP_2.gif]
A WIP of the intro. (Mario is moving automatically by the way, and Bowser's intro will come first, then we go to Classic Mario's intro.)

Made the SMB2 level more unique by making take place at night.
[Image: SMB2_at_Night.png]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 11-10-2018

Made the DK door work. (I will add a cutscene of DK seeing Mario, freaking out, and jumping on the tower soon. Probably.)
[Image: Donkey_Kong_Door.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 11-11-2018

Revamped the Undeground of Modern 1-1. (Thanks to @Langton for the ground sprites, the background was NSMB.)
[Image: Underground_Revamp.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - Mariotroid - 11-12-2018

You're so friggen talented Ostritch!! I wish I have the perseverance and work determination you have. Your project is looking good. Mario Holidays doesnt seem to be going anywhere.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 11-12-2018

(11-12-2018, 01:33 AM)Mariotroid Wrote: You're so talented Ostrich!!
Thanks man!

I added Classic Yoshi. He is a bit buggy however.
[Image: Classic_Yoshi.gif]
(Finally, a update that wasn't made at the last minute!)
Added Modern Pipes.
[Image: Modern_Pipes.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 11-13-2018

Added the Sidesteppers from Mario Bros Arcade.
[Image: Sidesteppers.gif]
Made the Bowser intro.
[Image: Intro_WIP_3.gif]
If you are wondering what is happening, Bowser sent the Time Machine back to the past.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 11-16-2018

I have a lot of updates right now so buckle up.

I put Donkey Kong's soul back into his body in exchange for some bananas.
[Image: Donkey_Kong_Himself.gif]
The sprite is a wip, and isn't made by me.

Changed the starting area of the DK level.
[Image: Donkey_Kong_25m_Intro_Revamp.gif]

Added swimming to Classic Mario.
[Image: Swimming.gif]

Fixed up Yoshi's animations and changed the length of the flutter jump.
[Image: Classic_Yoshi_2.gif]

Thanks to @Langton for revamping the death animation.
[Image: Modern_Mario_Death_Revamp.gif]

Snapshot Mode now has a new HUD.
[Image: Snapshot_Mode_2.gif]
Went back to work on the Ice level.
[Image: Ice_Level_Progress_4.gif]

Yoshi now kills enemies like in Yoshi's Island.
[Image: Classic_Yoshi_3.gif]

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.