MFGG Forums
DEMO Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: DEMO Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) (/showthread.php?tid=792)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 12-14-2018

Progress on, guess what, the Hub world.
[Image: New_Hub_World_3.gif]

Added the climbing from the original Super Mario Bros to classic Mario.
[Image: SMB_Climbing.gif]

Added Climbing to Modern Mario.
[Image: Modern_Mario_Climbing.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - Mariotroid - 12-15-2018

Looks like there is a lot of progress. Rock on!!

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 12-21-2018

You can now finish the levels.
[Image: You_Can_Actually_Complete_the_Level.gif]

Added the Desert level door.
[Image: Desert_Door_Classic.gif]

Working on the Modern Desert level.
[Image: Desert_Door_Modern.gif]

Oh and Goombas now give coins when killed. This will be added to all Modern enemies.

Added the DK Fireballs, changed a few minor graphics, and changed the level a bit as well.
[Image: Donkey_Kong_25m_Intro_Revamp_2.gif]

Started work on the Modern DK level as well.
[Image: Donkey_Kong_25m_Modern_WIP.gif]

Almost all the levels are done, except for the Modern Super Mario Land level, the Modern DK level, and the Modern Underground level.

After those are done, and the music is done too the demo will finally release.

I will first release the Demo on the forums for feedback, then after listening to the feedback i'll release the Demo on the main site (and forums) with some things added, fixed, or changed from the feedback you guys give.

Also, the only levels in the upcoming demo will be:
  • Super Mario Bros 1-1
  • Super Mario World Underground
  • Super Mario Land Desert
  • and a Donkey Kong boss.
Once the forum feedback Demo is released, i'll work on adding the World 2 levels.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 12-25-2018

More progress on the Modern Desert level.
[Image: Modern_Desert_Progress_Discord.gif]

And added wind to the Modern Desert level.
[Image: Modern_Desert_Wind.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 12-29-2018

looks fun, keep up the good work

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 12-30-2018

I've redesigned the Hud to look more like New Super Mario Bros and Super Mario 64.
[Image: Redesigned_HUD.gif]

[Image: Redesigned_HUD_Modern.gif]

I also added some shadow on the Coin, and added the Timer Clock.
[Image: Modern_HUD_Fix.PNG]

I've decided to change the way Mario's head moves in the running animation.
[Image: Modern_Mario_Running_Change.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - VinnyVideo - 12-30-2018

I'm definitely looking forward to playing the demo.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Level Designer(s)] - Q-Nova - 12-31-2018

Modern Mario looks like he'll be fun to play as from what I've seen in the .GIFs; I liked doing the dive move quite often in Super Mario Sunshine and that move looks pretty fun in this game as well. The new HUD looks nice, by the way!

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 01-02-2019

A small update.

Swapped the Red Coins of Classic Mario and Modern Mario.

[Image: Red_Coin_Classic.gif]

[Image: Red_Coin_Modern.gif]

Added a Warning splash screen and changed the other ones too.

[Image: Revamped_Splashes.gif]

I need a new co-programmer (or i need a few co-programmers) since Victorino hasn't been in contact with for a few months. To be the co-programmer, you have to have a intermediate or advanced understanding of Construct 2. Once you've joined, i'll send you the game's project file, you make a few additions  fixes, etc, then show me what you've done since giving me the project file won't be a good idea because it might become slightly outdated.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 01-05-2019

Changed the selection screen of the Marios.
[Image: Mario_Selection_Revamp.PNG]

Changed the beginning of the Underground level.
[Image: Underground_Classic_5.gif]
(NOTE: The semi solid at the start was removed, suggested by @Yoshin)

Thanks to @Langton for redoing the health bar!
[Image: Modern_Health_Revamped.gif]

Made Modern Mario use the Run meter.
[Image: P-Meter_Modern.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)] - Honey Saucer Gengar - 01-05-2019

Why is there no reference to Luigi?!

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 01-06-2019

(01-05-2019, 01:55 PM)Honey Saucer Gengar Wrote: Why is there no reference to Luigi?!

Because i hate Luigi.

Joking aside, i am thinking about putting him in the Mario Bros Arcade minigame, but i really don't know how'd i make his AI work.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)] - OssieTheOstrich - 01-07-2019

Made Mario do a somersault after completing a level.
[Image: Modern_Flagpole_NMB_TOO.gif]
(NOTE: There was a small changed suggested by @lean.)

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)] - Thunderbro - 01-07-2019

It's looking great man, I can't wait to play it.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 01-08-2019

The Lakitu is added! Except for the graphics and the Spiny.
[Image: Modern_Lakitu_WIP_4.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 01-10-2019

I finished the Lakitu!
[Image: Modern_Lakitu_Done.gif]

I've also got a video recording software to record the game's audio too.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - AquaTheYoshi - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:00 AM)¿Ostrich? Wrote: I finished the Lakitu!
[Image: Modern_Lakitu_Done.gif]

I've also got a video recording software to record the game's audio too.

The game is looking pretty good so far. I have a comment on the video, though: please use a different video recording software. Get OBS or something. It's completely free, has livestreaming capabilities, and doesn't have a big huge and annoying watermark.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 01-11-2019

Working on the Modern DK level.
[Image: Donkey_Kong_25m_Modern_WIP_2.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 01-13-2019

Some more progress on the modern DK level.

I've removed the Red Coins, made the pits smaller, and changed the speed of the moving platforms.
[Image: Donkey_Kong_25m_Modern_WIP_3.gif]

I've redone the intro part of the level to be more like a Mario vs Donkey Kong stage.
[Image: Donkey_Kong_25m_Intro_Modern_WIP.gif]

And i added Springs and other platforms.
[Image: Donkey_Kong_25m_Intro_Modern_WIP_2.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 01-13-2019

Some parts do need more refinement however.
I got the inspiration from a DeviantArt user named JustCamTro.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.