MFGG Forums
DEMO Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: DEMO Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) (/showthread.php?tid=792)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - AquaTheYoshi - 01-14-2019

Hey, what game engine are you using to create this with?

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - lean - 01-29-2019

(01-14-2019, 10:25 AM)AquaTheYoshi Wrote: what game engine are you using to create this with?
ostrich is using construct 2 to build off his game. c:

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - JustCamTro - 01-30-2019

(01-13-2019, 10:30 AM)¿Ostrich? Wrote: Small addition of the Key, the Yellow switch and the Yellow platform.
[Image: Donkey_Kong_25m_Intro_Modern_WIP_3.gif]

I've redone the Hub world's art.
[Image: New_Hub_World_4.gif]
Some parts do need more refinement however.
I got the inspiration from a DeviantArt user named JustCamTro.

Glad you liked my Peach Castle idea.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 02-08-2019

Okay, if you haven't noticed by now, i haven't put any updates of the game, so you might be asking, what happened?

I'm actually taking a small break from making the game, and it's because i don't want to burn myself out, and i also need the finished music from GamerinGeorgia and also the art/sprites and levels from Langton finished first. I also really need a co-programmer now so work could be done faster, or at least more efficiently.

But please don't assume the the game is hiatus or cancelled, it's just that i'm not working on the game for a while.

I'm still thinking of ideas for the game, including levels, and i'm also thinking of the story's ending.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - Thunderbro - 02-08-2019

No worries, I'm sure a break is well deserved, you made a lot of progress over the past few months. Enjoy your break.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - Q-Nova - 02-08-2019

Yeah, it's a good idea to take a break when you don't really feel like working on something. Forcing yourself to work on it instead can sometimes lead to stress and a higher chance of burnout, which isn't good. I know that when I'm making games or mods, taking a break every once in a while and doing something else like going outside will help me refresh my mind and make coming back to work on them much easier.

You seemed to have done a lot of progress on the game, which is pretty cool! I'm sure that a break will be really helpful to you! Take it at your own pace, I'm sure we can all wait. Smile

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - VinnyVideo - 02-09-2019

That's understandable - sometimes it's helpful to take a short break from development. Then you can return with fresh ideas for levels, enemies, and obstacles. Taking a few days off can also help you figure out how to overcome any possible roadblocks that had been slowing your progress.

Though if you're waiting for specific sprites, you could think about using placeholder graphics until you get the graphics you need.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 02-18-2019

Ok, so, this isn't guaranteed, but tomorrow i'm planning to work on the game again.
Though i'm going have to work on something else, so i'm going to go back-to-back with that and Super Mario Generations.

Also, speaking of the game, should i rename Super Mario Generations to something else? That way people won't get confused with the Super Mario Generations mod of Sonic Generations.

I was thinking something like Super Mario Anniversary, or Super Mario Bros: Past meets Future, or maybe something less corny and cliche.
Maybe you all could suggest a different name, or tell me to keep the name as it is.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 02-19-2019

I finally came back to work on Super Mario Generations! And here is the new desert level made by Langton.
The second part of the Desert level, also made by Langton. For some reason i'm getting Mario Galaxy vibes.
Spoiler, the video quality is worse than the previous recording i did.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 02-20-2019

The only thing the Options does is change Mario walking animation to one based on SMB1, or on based on SMB2/3/W.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 02-21-2019

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - Honey Saucer Gengar - 02-21-2019

Can you add the Hammer suit for Past Mario and the Boomerang Flower for Modern Mario?

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 02-22-2019

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - VinnyVideo - 02-23-2019

Looks interesting. The animation speed on the Yoshi seems a bit fast, though.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 02-25-2019

(02-23-2019, 04:06 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: Looks interesting. The animation speed on the Yoshi seems a bit fast, though.

First of all, thanks. And second, when i add Yoshi's real sprites the speed of the animation would be decreased.

Also, my PC is starting to have Hard Disk failures, and now i have to backup all of my projects in two USBs, so that's why i didn't post a update in two days.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - Yakibomb - 02-25-2019

I like the looks of these! I feel like Mario's sleep animation is missing bubbles coming out of his nose? Laughing

(Also, you can put the gifs in [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ] to put them in boxes)

Like so:

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - VinnyVideo - 02-25-2019

I like how Mario gets out his DS when he's bored. Reminds me of Diddy and Dixie's idle animations in DKC2 (which is a good thing, by the way).

Also, I'm glad you're backing up your work. Way too many promising game projects have died along with their hard drives. It's always wise to maintain multiple backups in multiple locations.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-26-2019

The ds is a really nice touch in the idle animation. It's good that you're backing up your work; it's a smart thing to do even if you think your hard drive is perfectly healthy. This is a really great project and it'd be a shame to have it be lost.
Also, you've done a really good job implementing the raccoon powerup.

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 02-26-2019

(02-25-2019, 09:58 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: I like how Mario gets out his DS when he's bored. Reminds me of Diddy and Dixie's idle animations in DKC2 (which is a good thing, by the way).

Also, I'm glad you're backing up your work. Way too many promising game projects have died along with their hard drives. It's always wise to maintain multiple backups in multiple locations.
(02-26-2019, 12:12 AM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: The ds is a really nice touch in the idle animation.

It's good that you're backing up your work; it's a smart thing to do even if you think your hard drive is perfectly healthy. This is a really great project and it'd be a shame to have it be lost.
Also, you've done a really good job implementing the raccoon powerup.

Glad yall like the animation, and it was actually inspired by Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.
Also animation sprites themselves were made by Langton, so you should give him a compliment too.

And If my project got lost when my hard drive died, i would be so upset that i wouldn't make a game again.Sad

Oh and thanks for complimenting the Raccoon form Evil Yoshi Toes.

Here are some updates.

Changed the curtains in Peach's Castle.
[Image: newcurtain.PNG]

RE: Super Mario Generations. [Needing Co-Programmer(s) and Level Designer(s)!] - OssieTheOstrich - 02-27-2019

Ok, so i have made a few updates, most of them being minor, like adding some of GamerinGeorgia's music and a few placeholder tracks. (Which i would post if MyBB had a "post audio" button.)

But here are the not minor ones:
These are the last updates before the game's demo is released, which is today.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.