MFGG Forums
DEMO Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: DEMO Super Mario Generations (Cancelled, Feedback Demo 2 Playable) (/showthread.php?tid=792)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Super Mario Generations. (on Main Site now!) - Hungry San - 03-29-2019

Thank you very much for making the demo. Downloading now, i will have fun.

RE: Super Mario Generations. (on Main Site now!) - OssieTheOstrich - 04-01-2019

Here are the Turnips.
[Image: Turnips.gif]
This is the first time you see the fixed up classic Mario sprites in action.
Also, this specific level will not be in the newer demo, but instead be replaced by another, more unique Mario 2 level.

Added the animation you guys asked for. No super human strength for you, Mario. ( Huh? )
[Image: Pickup_Animations.gif]
[Image: Pickup_Animations_2.gif]
(I also fixed the Shy Guy throwing in the second gif.)

Added Turn Block effects.
[Image: Turn_Block_Effects.gif]

Changed the tired animation.
[Image: Im-a_tired_3.gif]

I changed the Long Jumps, which means you now do BLJs.
[Image: Long_Jump_Fix.gif]

Also I'm working on redoing the death animation, so It'll probably be done (and showcased) tomorrow.

RE: Super Mario Generations. (on Main Site now!) - OssieTheOstrich - 04-04-2019

Changed the death animation of Modern Mario.
[Image: You_are_dead.gif]

Swimming animations!
[Image: Swimming_2.gif]
[Image: Swimming_3.gif]
[Image: Swimming_4.gif]

Shooting fireballs on the ground has a different animation than shooting in the air now.
[Image: Fire_Shoot_Air.gif]

Attempt at recreating the barrels's movement down ladders.
[Image: DK_Barrels.gif]
I tried.

And now something other than updates.

Yoshubs was telling me about a few bugs that were in the demo I released to the main site, and he asked me if I have any beta testers, I told him I don't and that I only beta test. He then told me to make demos for beta testers.

So, now I'm asking for some Beta testers, and to be one just give me a PM/DM here or on discord, then I'll give you a demo of the game which I'm working on. Once that is done, try to find any bugs or suggest some things to be changed.

Just a heads up though, I didn't make the Beta Test demo yet, so if you want to beta test, you have to wait for a while.

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo, and needing Beta testers.) - OssieTheOstrich - 04-06-2019

[Image: Big_Star_Door.gif]
(There was an error on the ground on the bottom left of the screen on the start of the GIF. I've fixed it, but the GIF was recorded before I found the mistake.)

[Image: Modern_Fire_Flower.gif]

Blocks now move downward when you Ground Pound them.
[Image: Ground_Pounding_Blocks_5.gif]

Shelless Koopa Troopas now chase you.
[Image: Shellless_Koopa_2.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo, and needing Beta testers.) - Clobbah - 04-09-2019

Oh man this project is amazing. Can't wait for its completion.

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - OssieTheOstrich - 04-10-2019

Mario now changes color when he's invincible. Also the sparkles were made to be random and leave trails.
[Image: Starman_Sparkles_1.gif]
[Image: Starman_Sparkles_2.gif]

Animations for both Marios opening doors.
[Image: Door_Animation.gif]
[Image: Door_Animation_2.gif]

I don't really have anything else in-game to show, but I do have these new level paintings.

SMB 1-1 - Not cleared.
[Image: 1-1_Inactive_Small.png]
SMB 1-1 - Cleared.
[Image: 1-1_Small.png]

Bigger versions.

SML 1-1 - Not cleared.
[Image: SML_Inactive_Small.png]

SML 1-1 - Cleared.
[Image: SML_Small.png]

Bigger versions.

DK 25meters - Not cleared.
[Image: DK_Inactive_Small.png]

DK 25meters - Cleared.
[Image: DK_Small.png]

Bigger versions.

I also have other pictures that aren't paintings.

Toad. Just, toad. (B U P)
[Image: Toad_Small.png]

Mario with pockets on his overalls.
[Image: Animation_1_30_1.png]

As of now Langton is redoing the Modern and Classic Underground SMW level, cause I didn't like both at all, and due to this I will also redo the SMW painting once that is done.

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - OssieTheOstrich - 04-15-2019

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - OssieTheOstrich - 04-21-2019

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - OssieTheOstrich - 05-02-2019

I only got one thing to show right now, but I'll hopefully post more later.

The Modern SMW Level has been completely revamped by Langton, who also made the tiles.
[Image: I_nZiAOEn1tIxXf1QYrOETHRwrrom_vQPC4wgHQ9...84-h233-no]

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - SilverVortex - 05-04-2019

wow, i don't know if this has been said enough, but this game is beautiful in its own way. it's a combination of retro mario and the dream team art style, and it looks great my dude.
i do have some criticism to deal out, however. mario should have an animation specifically for travelling through pipes, rather than just normal walking, because i can see in this footage that mario's sprite can be seen while travelling through, and it's slightly jarring.
otherwise it's amazing stuff, i can see this becoming one of the greatest mario fangames on the internet!

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - OssieTheOstrich - 06-02-2019

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - VinnyVideo - 06-02-2019

@Ostrich101 Could you repost the second spoilered image in your most recent post? It's not working for me.

I think Super Mario Generations is a good name for this.

Also, I'm digging the music for this.

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - OssieTheOstrich - 06-04-2019

So due to people saying that the dialogue was a bit hard to read and stuff like that, I've redone the dialogue to based on Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2.
[Image: galaxy_2_text_mockup.PNG]
This was the mockup before I started to code it.

And here it is in action!
[Image: Cutscene_WIP_3.gif]
The gameplay dialogue took a while to get right however, as the text would show up again if you close the speech bubble, however I've finally fixed it.
[Image: Dialogue_Test_2.gif]

And here is something I was planning on doing for a while.
[Image: Ostrich_Splash_Revamped.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - OssieTheOstrich - 06-06-2019

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - OssieTheOstrich - 06-08-2019

Added the rest of Langton's Modern Underground level.
[Image: ezgif-3-73d4224fda79.gif]

Added the Swoopers. Thanks to Gatete for helping me make these work.
[Image: Swoopers3.gif]

[Image: Swoopers4.gif]

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - Mariotroid - 06-08-2019

I can't seem to extract the files for this game to my computer.

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - OssieTheOstrich - 06-09-2019

Added the second part of the Classic SMW underground level.
[Image: jREL03WPbfZMTDyoPF0LY4Q5SpFnpd2-TugQbCvI...84-h232-no]

Thanks to Gatete for helping me with the underwater Cheep Cheeps, I did most of the flopping Cheep Cheep code myself.
[Image: Cheep_Cheeps.gif]

There is an unused Red Koopa in Mario 64 DS that, instead of running away from Mario like a Green Koopa, he instead chases him aggressively. So I added that in..
[Image: Aggresive_Koopas.gif]

(06-08-2019, 08:12 PM)Mariotroid Wrote: I can't seem to extract the files for this game to my computer.

Hmm, that's weird? Where did you download the game exactly? Have you tried using WinRAR? Please send me a DM on the discord so I can fix your problem.

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - YoshisIsland3 - 06-09-2019

Ostrich101 Wrote:Hmm, that's weird? Where did you download the game exactly? Have you tried using WinRAR? Please send me a DM on the discord so I can fix your problem.

I wouldn't recommend WinRAR, I would recommend 7-ZIP, it's better, free, and versatile.

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - OssieTheOstrich - 06-10-2019

RE: Super Mario Generations. (Working on the next demo) - OssieTheOstrich - 06-13-2019

Classic and Modern Quicksand touch-ups.
[Image: Classic_Quick_Sand.gif]
[Image: Modern_Quick_Sand_2.gif]
I'd also fixed the Lakitu behaviour, as it was a bit buggy and incomplete in the last demo..

I also forgot to mention that the Modern SML level's layout has been changed to be more accurate to Langton's map of it.

Modern Checkpoints. I made them the same height compared to Mario in Odyssey.
[Image: Checkpoints_2.gif]

Added the BunBuns to the Classic SML level.
[Image: BunBuns.gif]

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.