MFGG Forums
WIP Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) (/showthread.php?tid=817)

Pages: 1 2 3

Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - Spritanium - 05-01-2018

BACKSTORY

Hi, my name's Spritey, and I'm really not that old, but thanks to the weird technological advances that have culminated in me sharing a social environment with a bunch of 13 year olds, I feel really old.

In 2008, I made a joke game called Super Mario Prostate Exam. It was terrible but amusing at the time. That's pretty much the end of that story.

EXCEPT IT ISN'T

Now, in 2018, for the 10th anniversary of my bad joke game, and for absolutely no reason, I present to you my plans for what I intend to be the greatest Mario fangame of all time.

[Image: IEOwvk0.png]

GAME INFO

- Made in Game Maker Studio 2
- Custom built engine
- 2D collectathon with 4 prostates to plunder
- Triple jumps, wall jumps, side flips, ground pounds, oh my
- As many custom assets, and as few assets from official games, as humanly possible
- Not a fetish game, but if it makes you feel uncomfortable mission accomplished

STORY

They call Mario "Super" for a reason. He is, as you may be aware, a man who wears many hats. In addition to being a famed plumber, construction worker, kart racer, golfer, and Olympic champion, he is also the top Yelp-rated medical practitioner in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Over the years, Mario has saved countless lives thanks to his undisputed mastery of Primary Color-based Viral Targeting (PCVT) techniques. But one day, Mario was faced with a dilemma that would shake his very understanding of the medical field...

As Mario was finishing up what he thought was just another workday at the clinic, his Toad assistants burst through the door, wheeling in a familiar face on a stretcher. It was none other than Wario, screaming in agony and swearing at the top of his lungs.

"Wario? What's-a wrong with him?!" Mario inquired, shaken by the sudden intrusion.

"Dr. Mario, I've never seen anything like it! He's got a searing pain, in his...his..."

"Out-a with it, man!"

"...He's got pain in the ASS, sir!"

"In the ass? Mamma-mia! Let's-a get him on a mushroom IV for the pain-a, STAT!"

Mario was at a loss for an explanation. The painkillers had calmed Wario down, but his personality was totally off. Normally he was quite jovial, but it was as if all the youthful energy had been sucked out of him. He just kept going on and on about kids on his lawn, rap music, and the Obama administration. All the while, he was swearing up a storm.

Mario knew what this meant. If Wario kept using all that naughty language, the Mario universe would lose its E-rating for sure! Out of ideas, Mario decided to have Wario air-lifted to the laboratory of his colleague and faithful ally: Professor Elvin Gadd.

At E. Gadd's lab, the prognosis is grim. Gadd uses a special digital instrument to determine the cause of Wario's anguish: an enlarged Prostate! The Prostate, Gadd explains, is an organ inside a person's ass which serves as the container for their very soul. When it becomes enlarged, the person loses vim at a rapid rate until they're just a grumpy shell of their former self.

Worse yet, there is no known cause or cure. But Gadd has an epiphany. He's just finished developing a new invention, a device which can shrink a person down to microscopic size. If Mario uses that device to shrink down and enter Wario's ass, he can find the source of the Prostate enlargement and cure Wario once and for all.

But nobody knows the horrors and tribulations that may lurk in the depths of Wario's ass. What will Mario encounter in this new territory? Will he survive?

That's for you to decide when you play my MASSIVE fangame that will probably maybe come out someday!

MUSIC

Title Theme
The Depths of Wario
E. Gadd's Lab

DEV PROGRESS

Basic engine is well underway but oops, I don't actually own GMS2 yet. Progress will be posted in this thread periodically and will probably continue at a much faster rate once I actually buy the program.

Mario Moves Test:

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam - TheHappyFaceKing - 05-01-2018

I wonder how long it will take for this thread to get locked....

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam - VinnyVideo - 05-01-2018

I love the theme song for this.

Are you using the free trial version of GM Studio 2? I recently used the trial for a couple of games, and yeah, it'll be easier to use the paid version, since it doesn't limit the number of resources you can use (and allows you to make real executables, too).

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam - Pedigree - 05-01-2018

(05-01-2018, 10:10 PM)TheHappyFaceKing Wrote: I wonder how long it will take for this thread to get locked....
That's not a very constructive post in a Development Showcase thread. If you have nothing to say on the game itself, probably best not to post.

The title theme song is very good and what I've seen of your engine and sprite work in Discord is looking superb. Looking forward to checking this game out.

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam - TheHappyFaceKing - 05-02-2018

(05-01-2018, 10:52 PM)Pedigree Wrote: That's not a very constructive post in a Development Showcase thread. If you have nothing to say on the game itself, probably best not to post.
Just seems a bit inappropriate for a game like this to exist on MFGG in my opinion...

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam - Spritanium - 05-02-2018

Uploaded a video testing some of Mario's moves

(05-02-2018, 01:08 AM)TheHappyFaceKing Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 10:52 PM)Pedigree Wrote: That's not a very constructive post in a Development Showcase thread. If you have nothing to say on the game itself, probably best not to post.
Just seems a bit inappropriate for a game like this to exist on MFGG in my opinion...
I understand your concerns and I am going to prove you wrong. Super Mario Prostate Exam will be your favorite game

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - Syaxamaphone - 05-02-2018

I for one am glad that Wario is getting himself examined.

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - Spritanium - 05-02-2018

New WIP song: https://soundcloud.com/keith-pickering/the-depths-of-wario

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - Kritter - 05-03-2018

Wario's Inside Story.

If nothing else, the engine test looks pretty good.

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - Saltman - 05-03-2018

I laughed too hard at this, but that's good, right?

I would like to see a game about why Wario's nose is pink, someday.

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - Spritanium - 05-04-2018

Another new WIP song https://soundcloud.com/keith-pickering/super-mario-prostate-exam-e-gadds-lab

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - Spritanium - 05-05-2018

Goomba AI test

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - OssieTheOstrich - 05-05-2018

Those Goomba's look like they got pimples.

(PS: did you make those sprites yourself?)

Yep, all the sprites are custom. I don't plan on reusing any assets from official games beyond voice clips

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - Evil Yoshi Toes - 05-05-2018

The sprite work is great and the engine looks pretty good so far.

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - Yrr - 05-05-2018

I for one welcome the new best fangame on mfgg

I remember the original had voice acting, a pretty decent impression that i still vividly remember to this day ("super mario, prostate exem!")
are you going to up the ante in that department and try to get martinet to do VA for it?

I actually did ask Martinet to do the voice for the first one, for some reason. I didn't realize at the time that it would be a huge breach of his contract and he'd probably get sued.

I think the voice actor for the original was Parakarry. But these days I actually like to think I have a solid Mario voice myself, so I might do some custom voice clips. I actually considered voicing Mario all by myself and making it extra obnoxious. But I can't voice E. Gadd because it would probably just sound like a racist Japanese impression.

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - Syaxamaphone - 05-05-2018

If you want to drop the bandicam url, try OBS to record.

It's a bit more resource intensive, but it has a lot of great options and can even stream to twitch and other streaming sites.

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - OssieTheOstrich - 05-06-2018

(05-05-2018, 07:05 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I actually did ask Martinet to do the voice for the first one, for some reason. I didn't realize at the time that it would be a huge breach of his contract and he'd probably get sued.
Is there more? or is that it?

RE: Super Mario Prostate Exam (NSFW) - Spritanium - 05-06-2018

He never replied lol

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.