MFGG Forums
Favorite Arcade? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Favorite Arcade? (/showthread.php?tid=82)

Pages: 1 2

Favorite Arcade? - SonicZetrex - 11-27-2017

Have you ever thought of an arcade that you enjoyed back then? Well, this topic may be a good place to start talking about what you played and how you enjoyed it! Also, it could be anything that either have something to do of what's related here or about something else outside of it (e.g "Marvel vs Capcom" or "Puzzle Bobble").

To start things off, the arcade that I really enjoyed was...

"1943"

[Image: 1943.png]

[Image: 11812416279.png]

One of the most interesting kind of a "Shoot em' up" game to have. I really like the way of how the health bar was like a fuel or some kind of a special energy bar. And also, the difficulty can be grim at sometimes, if you're into it, and the way how it's staged seem to be really good to bear with. The game play can be hard, fun, and very great to remember.

What's your favorite arcade that you enjoyed from the past?
Can't wait to hear it! Laughing

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Techokami - 11-27-2017

Aladdin's Castle at the Natick Mall was a blast to go to. As was the arcade space in the local bowling alley back in the 90s. Shame neither of them really exist anymore, but that's what Funspot in New Hampshire is for Smile

[Did you mean: "Favorite Arcade Game"?]

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Yoshin - 11-27-2017

Hastune Miku: Project Mirai is good
If you mean like really old does Sonic 2 count? Arcade near my house had that

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Syaxamaphone - 11-27-2017

There used to be a sick arcade at this no-name mall where I live. It had like, Donkey Kong and Pacman and that one game where you squish the light-up spiders with your feetsies. It was the bomb.

Its dead so now I guess this one little arcade at West Edmonton Mall is my favorite now. It has Super Mario Bros.

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Render8 - 11-27-2017

I don't know if anyone is from Ohio or not, but there used to be this really killer arcade when I was a kid in the 80's called Space Invader in the Cleveland area. It was boomin' at that time then died in the 90's sometimes. But I used to go there a lot with my dad. Most of my time was spent playing either Aliens by Konami, T2 the arcade game, Ikari Warriors, Bad Dudes or VS Super Mario Bros. There were just too many other games I played to really remember though. It's too hard to pick a favorite LOL.

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Turret 3471 - 11-28-2017

Joust, DK Jr., Donkey Kong 3, Frogger, Super Pac-Man, nothing can beat these classics
[Image: Joustarcadegame.png] [Image: Donkey_Kong_Jr._%28arcade_game%29.png] [Image: 200px-Dkong3.png] [Image: Frogger_game_arcade.png] [Image: Super_Pac-Man.png]

RE: Favorite Arcade? - DustinVG - 11-28-2017

Oh man, like a lot of things, there's too many good ones for me to pick a favorite.

Pac-Man, Turtles in Time, Monkey Ball, Donkey Kong, etc.

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Kritter - 11-28-2017

Fun fact, I'm currently in the process of building my own arcade cabinet. It's been a passion project for the last X years and is going WAY too slow but I've just wrapped up doing the frontend stuff (literally today in fact) and I'm about to start getting it all together for wiring and so on. Here's some pics of the cabinet build I took last year.

As for my favourite arcade GAMES, probably the classics like Pacman and Space Invaders. I have a soft spot for 1942 and Roadblasters because those are the two I actually remember playing back in the day.

[Image: Domg0Yq.jpg]
[Image: 62yuGB5.jpg]
[Image: E25agmA.jpg]
[Image: sMQTD57.png]

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Zero Kirby - 11-28-2017

I've always been pretty fond of Sinistar. Terrifying as it was when I was a kid, I still kept coming back to it...

Crazy Taxi was always crazy fun. If I ever found it at an arcade, I had to play at least one round before leaving. Same thing with HYYYYYYYYDROOOOOOOO THUNDERRRRRRRR

My college had a copy of Beastorizer. And it was actually called Beastorizer, not Bloody Roar. I spent quite a few quarters on that machine just because it was the most hilarious thing ever. They also had the Monster Mash pinball machine which is a classic.

I dunno if Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ counts, but I love the hell out of it too.

Ooh, and an arcade I went to in Tacoma back when I lived in Washington had a KISS themed pinball machine that was actually pretty boss. It played their music and you could even select which track you wanted between rounds. I always went with Detroit Rock City, myself...

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Catonator - 11-28-2017

I love me some Metal Slug. 1, 2 and 5 are the best ones in my opinion. I'd embed an image, but the full reply editor doesn't work.

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Pedigree - 11-28-2017

Favorite arcade game is Pacman Vs, which is a four player game set into whatever you call the table format.

RE: Favorite Arcade? - SonicZetrex - 11-28-2017

(11-27-2017, 11:04 PM)Yoshin Wrote: Hastune Miku: Project Mirai is good

Nope. Even though it may seem like it counts, but it had to be with credits and can't be at a home console.

(11-27-2017, 10:58 PM)Techokami Wrote: Aladdin's Castle at the Natick Mall was a blast to go to. As was the arcade space in the local bowling alley back in the 90s. Shame neither of them really exist anymore, but that's what Funspot in New Hampshire is for Smile

[Did you mean: "Favorite Arcade Game"?]

Pretty much, yeah. Smile

RE: Favorite Arcade? - RaymanRabbid - 11-28-2017

Well, for me, since there isn't an arcade near me, I only go to arcades at places like hotels. But my favorite arcade game (for right now) is...Mario Kart & Pacman I guess? I can't remember what the real title was.  Whoops!  All the other games I found at those places were mostly just random, and for that I can't remember them at all.

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Turret 3471 - 11-28-2017

Just to add a little bit to my story, I too never really went to an arcade that much. There was one at a mall (though that was in a whole other city), and another in Train Town, California, which was where I would play DK Jr...... until the machine broke one year and stole my money.
Other than that, most of the arcade games I played as a kid came from a MAME emulator my dad installed to my computer back in 2004(?), so I basically had unlimited access to every classic arcade game there is.

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Yoshin - 11-28-2017

(11-28-2017, 08:25 AM)SonicZetrex Wrote:

Nope. Even though it may seem like it counts, but it had to be with credits and can't be at a home console.

info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2_(arcade_game)
It was a proper arcade machine that took money to use

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Techokami - 11-28-2017

Okay so favorite arcade game, hmmm that is tough. There's a lot of good ones and I tend to gravitate around several. But I think I'll go with the ones I actually own: the Namco Classic Collection series! I have both Volume 1 and 2. They each contain 4 classic games and 3 "Arrangement" sequels with a focus on co-op multiplayer. Pac-Man Arrangement is quite good!

RE: Favorite Arcade? - Xander - 11-28-2017

Golden Axe. For purely nostalgic reasons.

RE: Favorite Arcade? - SonicZetrex - 11-28-2017

(11-28-2017, 01:03 PM)Yoshin Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 08:25 AM)SonicZetrex Wrote:

info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2_(arcade_game)
It was a proper arcade machine that took money to use

*Huh, never knew it's actually a thing...
Welp, you got me.

RE: Favorite Arcade? - HylianDev - 11-28-2017

My favorite arcade game might be Donkey Kong 3.

(11-28-2017, 03:42 AM)Zero Kirby Wrote: I've always been pretty fond of Sinistar. Terrifying as it was when I was a kid, I still kept coming back to it...

Sinistar seems really cool because of the spook factor, but I've never actually played it.

RE: Favorite Arcade? - UubrmanX - 11-28-2017

Mahvel Baby!
Oh yeah, and Tekken 5, and Initial D Arcade Stage 3
RIP Cyberstation in Virginia, at least Tekken 5 and Initial D were moved to the Arcade/Restaurant that's below where Cyberstation used to be. MVC2 went AWOL though.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.