MFGG Forums
WIP An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack (/showthread.php?tid=827)

An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - Yoshi2000 - 05-02-2018

After discovering SMW Hacking two weeks ago, I didn't make a hack then even though I found out about it back then. I then did some research on how to make 1 week ago, I watched some tutorials. I decided to make a real one, I then thought about my Hammer Brother fan game, so I decided to make it about a Hammer Brother (he probably will be named Lucas but he may be unnamed). I haven't done any levels yet but here's the Star World to give you an idea about what the hack is about.
[Image: dbgBZGJ.png] 
(Ignore the glitched tiles, I don't know how to fix those)

bye

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - OssieTheOstrich - 05-02-2018

Why is the Map Screen reminding of Mario Endgame?

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - Yoshi2000 - 05-03-2018

(05-02-2018, 11:58 PM)Ostrich101 Wrote: Why is the Map Screen reminding of Mario Endgame?
It was actually inspired by a Japanese hack called "Brutal Mario"

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - Yoshi2000 - 05-03-2018

I've made some progress on this hack.

Early Title Screen (also before you ask, yes the "Purple Version" thing was based off of Pokemon)
[Image: DtxkRCt.png]
I'm working on a level for the new Star World
[Image: hqLqQp5.png]
[Image: 490feUT.png]
[Image: asMBK0p.png]

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - Yoshi2000 - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 12:16 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote: Why you name the Hammer Bro "Hammy"?

(@Slug101 made up the name in a joke.)
How about actually giving some criticism instead of spamming my thread.

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - OssieTheOstrich - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 12:33 AM)Yoshi2000 Wrote: How about actually giving some criticism instead of spamming my thread.
Ok.
The title screen looks rather bland.
For the Star World, the perspective of the room the Hammer Bro is in looks more like a RPG then a Platformer.
And the Hammer Bro himself is is in a different art style then the Koopa Troopas.
I suggest you use the Super Mario Maker version of the Hammer Bro.

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - Yoshi2000 - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 12:42 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 12:33 AM)Yoshi2000 Wrote: How about actually giving some criticism instead of spamming my thread.
Ok.
The title screen looks rather bland.
For the Star World, the perspective of the room the Hammer Bro is in looks more like a RPG then a Platformer.
And the Hammer Bro himself is is in a different art style then the Koopa Troopas.
I suggest you use the Super Mario Maker version of the Hammer Bro.
1. I do plan on making look a bit more like the Pokemon Games.
2. I simply couldn't find any graphics that would fit that type of castle, I may try to find some.
3. The Koopas (not pictured) are from SMAS SMB1. I don't like the SMM Hammer Brother sprite IMO.

Anyways here's the main OW! I don't think I'll be able to work on this as much as my computer is acting weird.
[Image: D5gdYI8.png]
Also ignore the bad colors on the paths, the EB tileset was not made to work with the path's default colors.

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - Yoshi2000 - 05-05-2018

Sorry for double posting but nobody has been responding so I wanna show something.
I do plan on there being a Good Ending and a Bad Ending, here is the Bad Ending.
[Image: dUFo0kf.png]
And here's a snow level
[Image: FN4uNDb.png]
[Image: Ygpzy9c.png]

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - Willsaber - 05-06-2018

(05-03-2018, 12:15 AM)Yoshi2000 Wrote: It was actually inspired by a Japanese hack called "Brutal Mario"
Respect for the classics, man!  Big Grin

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - YoshisIsland3 - 05-06-2018

I think that the bad ending doesn't fit in with tone of your game and really doesn't make sense. Like what is going on in the bad ending picture? It just looks like a hammer bro was contained inside some random container for some random purpose and it's turning him evil.

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - Yoshi2000 - 05-08-2018

Here's a level! It's called "8-bit Snow" as the name suggests, this one is a 8-bit snow level.
Also I figured out how to have SMB1 Scrolling (You cannot go left), and since this is trying to be as close to SMB1 as possible, they will be in every level.
Here's some screenshots!
[Image: VkMRTZA.png]
[Image: Isjg4Fg.png]
[Image: p2Ok0NA.png]

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - YoshisIsland3 - 05-09-2018

Nice, anyway, what about that Bad Ending picture.

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - Yoshi2000 - 05-16-2018

WIP Level that replaces Sunken Ghost Ship
[Image: ZKb0NGx.png]

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - OssieTheOstrich - 05-16-2018

@"Splash Woman",@YoshisIsland3 is asking you about the bad ending of your hack, and you're just ignoring him.

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - Yoshi2000 - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 08:38 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote: @"Splash Woman",@YoshisIsland3 is asking you about the bad ending of your hack, and you're just ignoring him.
Could you let me know if my level is bad or not? Instead of something I don't care about? (Not to sound rude)

RE: An Unnamed Hammer Brother SMW Hack - YoshisIsland3 - 05-16-2018

Alright, the main problems are right here: The part where you duck to get through where the bullet bills is too small and very cheap. Try extending the area by 2 blocks. The next problem is minor but invisible trap blocks, seriously? This isn't Kaizo or a cheap hack or anything, but just putting invisible blocks to trap the unwary player into a tacky made deathtrap is sometimes not a fun experience. Keep it up and good luck with your project.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.