MFGG Forums
Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic (/showthread.php?tid=85)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Saltman - 02-01-2018

EDIT: Removed

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - TheOrangeToad - 02-01-2018

I working on a sprite sheet for MFGG.

Note: This sprite sheet is unfinished.

This sprite is from Super Mario World Hack 3+world made by yoshimaster a cancelled hack due to real-life issues.

link

I did give permission to use his graphics.

3+world Thread

Also I not sure i can ripped graphics in Art and music Forum or not?

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - BMatSantos - 02-03-2018

Might be getting there

[Image: 2AqGyxC.png]

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - TheMeadTree - 02-07-2018

[Image: sprite398.png]

Lots of mistakes in the early sketch.. The mistakes kept piling on until I gave up on detailing it further and just threw in a bunch of overlays. Basically the story of my life. 
Study your art fundamentals, my dudes. Study them religiously. That way, you won't spend 20 hours redrawing everything over and over and over again.

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - TheHappyFaceKing - 02-08-2018

I made this in an art class a few years ago.
[Image: 4NI2KiQ.jpg]

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Amine Retro - 02-09-2018

(02-08-2018, 11:20 AM)TheHappyFaceKing Wrote: I made this in an art class a few years ago.
[Image: 4NI2KiQ.jpg]

That's very cool, what's it made of?

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - TheHappyFaceKing - 02-09-2018

Glass

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - SonicKade2048 - 02-10-2018

A thing I've been working on. Shy Guys just seem to be the easiest to make for me.
[Image: 6ud03k3.png]
[Image: MGfSBhy.png]

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-10-2018

Is that edited from a kirby sprite? It looks nice.

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - SonicKade2048 - 02-10-2018

(02-10-2018, 12:59 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: Is that edited from a kirby sprite? It looks nice.

Yeah, it's just a Shy Guy in the Kirby's Adventure style. Not my Shy Guy fan character, but just a normal Shy Guy.

Here's some more sprites. The pink frame is custom.
[Image: Concept2.png]

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Willsaber - 02-11-2018

I love it! He's so cute. This is your best spriting work yet!

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Vitiman - 02-11-2018

Wow, these are really good! You've improved so much over the years, Kirb.

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - SonicKade2048 - 02-12-2018

Thanks! I'll try and get the Copy Abilities (And any poses I missed) finished soon, but I'd like to work on a couple other things for now.

I did a couple sketches for this idea, and included how the Copy Ability will work. I'd like to give the literally named Copy Ability some light again, the one from Super Star and Super Star Ultra. As in, the Shy Guy can copy enemies' abilities, but he'll use the Copy power from SS/SSU rather than be a blatant rip-off of Kirby and just inhale them. I'll have to upload the sketch as an attachment, since I can't access sites like Imgur for image links. I'm at school at the time of this post, and the wifi blocks most sites. Hopefully that's not too much of a bother.

EDIT: Apparently the attachment system broke the image... I got home now, so here's the image used from an Imgur link.
[Image: CamQZUr.png]
As I've said multiple times, the only "good" camera I can use is my Nintendo 2DS, which only takes slightly-bad JPEG images. I have a recording camera, but it's smaller and a bit worse. Sorry about the quality.

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - SonicKade2048 - 02-13-2018

I finished up the rest of the Shy Guy in Kirby's Adventure sheet, so here's everything I got done. An updated version will be on the mainsite (if it gets accepted, anyway), but here's the completed sheet with a couple bad spots in it.
[Image: U9T29Mc.png]

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Saltman - 02-13-2018

(02-13-2018, 04:56 PM)KirbyLover2048 Wrote: I finished up the rest of the Shy Guy in Kirby's Adventure sheet, so here's everything I got done. An updated version will be on the mainsite (if it gets accepted, anyway), but here's the completed sheet with a couple bad spots in it.
[Image: U9T29Mc.png]

These are really good sprites! I think the only problem is his eyes could be round and maybe a tad bigger. A Shy Guy's eyes don't look like lines. But of course, you could say I'm just nitpicking.

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Saltman - 02-13-2018

I believe you already know who this is:

[Image: k2Fff4S.png]
[Image: tpdQtsz.png]

Lookin' good?

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-14-2018

It looks very good. Here's some things I noticed you might want to think about fixing:

In the second pose, the staff is getting lost in the hat. I'd consider just having the staff go straight up and extending it a bit so the ball and the hat don't overlap. They're both dark in value so the end up blending at 100% scale.

In the third pose (the one with her in profile view and her arms down) she is missing her neck. Just adding one pixel, probably in the darker skin color you have around the ears, connecting the body and the head would fix that.

I think the shading on the hat is also a bit confusing. Why is the tip darker than the rest? Given the way the fold in the cone of the hat is drawn it seems the hat's top is flopping forward. If you want it to look more like the hat is flopping backward, I'd rethink that fold line. The shading on the hat's brim is a little confusing in the side view with that really dark part in the middle.

Otherwise I think it's looking really nice.

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Saltman - 02-14-2018

(02-14-2018, 04:09 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: It looks very good. Here's some things I noticed you might want to think about fixing:

In the second pose, the staff is getting lost in the hat. I'd consider just having the staff go straight up and extending it a bit so the ball and the hat don't overlap. They're both dark in value so the end up blending at 100% scale.  

In the third pose (the one with her in profile view and her arms down) she is missing her neck. Just adding one pixel, probably in the darker skin color you have around the ears, connecting the body and the head would fix that. 

I think the shading on the hat is also a bit confusing. Why is the tip darker than the rest? Given the way the fold in the cone of the hat is drawn it seems the hat's top is flopping forward. If you want it to look more like the hat is flopping backward, I'd rethink that fold line. The shading on the hat's brim is a little confusing in the side view with that really dark part in the middle.

Otherwise I think it's looking really nice.

Thanks! Yeah the hat was the biggest problem. I extended the shade in the 3rd pose because I thought that maybe that way it'd look clearer that she's in profile view. I thought it'd be confusing that the hat always had the same shading no matter what direction was she facing to.

The wrinkles in her clothes were what was worrying me the most though. It's good to know they look fine.

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - SonicZetrex - 02-14-2018

Here's my animation stuff:

[Image: fWoQFuo.gif]

[Image: RhnHEU4.gif]

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Saltman - 02-14-2018

(02-14-2018, 09:40 PM)SonicZetrex Wrote: Here's my animation stuff:

[Image: fWoQFuo.gif]

[Image: RhnHEU4.gif]

It looks good but It's weird to see how the nose doesn't move while the rest of the face does.

I've also noticed that the heart has a mouth. It's really hard to see it with the dark red shading all around it.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.