MFGG Forums
Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Arts Board (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic (/showthread.php?tid=85)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Ostrich101 - 10-05-2018

Really small thing i was thinking about making.
[Image: DK3_in_DKGB.png]

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - SonicKade2048 - 10-06-2018

In spite of boredom and not knowing what to do with my free time, I'm redrawing sprites from some Super Mario Bros. Z sprite sheets a DeviantArt user made, which are "rips" of the sprites seen in SMBZ. Here's my take on a few sprites from the sheets, in which a majority of them can be found here in an Imgur album I made (admittedly, while making this post). The sprites are originally from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and the Sonic Advance trilogy.

Opening this spoiler will give you a large post, so heads up.

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - SonicKade2048 - 10-11-2018

[Image: GORwKod.gif]

Random thing I'm doing based on Detroit: Become Human. The interrogator is me, and the guy being interrogated is my (fake/not irl) "evil twin brother".

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - SonicKade2048 - 10-13-2018

I don't know why I make so many different projects at once, probably because I lose inspiration for most of them and think they're not worth completing, but here's a couple things I'm doing for me and my friends, based on the SiIvaGunner King For A Day tournament that recently passed. You can find the album and other artwork here.

WARNING: Big images.

Here's the original images as well (Kade is just a dark green Shy Guy, so there's really no reference needed).

One other note, I'm not sure why the image size doesn't work when I input the values for them, as I've tried this in the past and it never seems to work, so some help would be appreciated on how I can get this figured out so I don't have to use a spoiler and/or link to any of these images.

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Little man - 10-15-2018

-snip-

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - SilverVortex - 01-11-2019

OOF someone should really revive this topic sometime

wait
[Image: Screenshot_99.png?width=375&height=300]
WIP joker drawing, for some reason i'm obsessed with Persona5 (probably because i have high hopes it'll come to switch)

i might also do the dancing in starlight design, i quite like it.

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - TheMeadTree - 01-12-2019

total time, 13 hours
Process:

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Thunderbro - 01-12-2019

That is seriously beautiful, I love it.

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - TheMeadTree - 01-13-2019

Color temp study, 3 hrs... Was extremely scared of skin colors until I stopped caring about the individual colors and started paying attention to *changes* in those color. From light to shadow, curve sat/value towards the bottom right, hue shift towards red. To give ambient sky coloring within the shadowed areas, desaturate and brighten, don't touch hue... Never use blues, only use grays.

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - TheMeadTree - 01-27-2019

Don't mean to be tripleposting/hogging the thread, but man you guys gotta share your work more  Laughing

In the meantime, more PM fan art

Process [8 Hrs for clean linework, 12 more for rendering]:
First time I actually went about doing a painting in an orderly manner. Lesson learned, it's extremely time-consuming.
Clean linework, mask, shadow multiply layer clipped to mask, layers for each individual material (light and shadow separated), followed by a final overpaint layer... Usually I just go from messy linework to overpaint and skip 10 hours of tedium, but that has the wonderful benefit of costing me 10 hours of drawing stuff over and over again later on. There's no cutting down on time, but at least this organized method gives me more guarantee for success.

As an aside, all these hours of painting have started to pay off:

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - GamerInGeorgia - 01-27-2019

Wow! You work is incredible as always!

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - TheMeadTree - 02-03-2019

Anotha one.

The messy process: 

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Q-Nova - 02-13-2019

Whoa, @TheMeadTree! Huh? Your art is simply incredible!

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - SilverVortex - 02-18-2019

[Image: conor.png?width=960&height=540]new avatar thing

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - TheMeadTree - 02-22-2019

[Image: Aseprite-2019-02-22-22-19-59.png]

Back to a pixel art, just this once

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - TheMeadTree - 03-01-2019

[Image: 3-1-2019.jpg][Image: 3-1-2019b.jpg]

Got these in the mail from Astral Shift!  Huh?
Their art is always so beautiful!

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Syaxamaphone - 03-15-2019

[Image: D1pQjRhXgAYb9NH.png:large]

It's Paul, you can also see her on twitter!

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - TheMeadTree - 03-16-2019

Gonna try drawing plants and fungi, hoping to apply for the Rappaccini's Compendium artbook: http://rappacciniscompendium.tumblr.com/

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - TheMeadTree - 04-14-2019

[Image: digi0049-Etta-SM.png]
Tried a 'gothic' style, but parts ended up looking too photorealistic, the style seems inconsistent for now... But it's a good attempt!

Process:

RE: Sprites /Art WIP/Showcase topic - Flametale - 04-14-2019

(04-14-2019, 02:19 PM)TheMeadTree Wrote: Tried a 'gothic' style, but parts ended up looking too photorealistic, the style seems inconsistent for now... But it's a good attempt!

Process:

Did not expect to see something little this here! This looks fantastic! Do keep up the good work.

In fact I'll go ahead and just encourage everyone to keep trying their hardest with their projects, it's all worthwhile.