MFGG Forums
Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: The Dungeon (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: The Vault (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Competitions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book (/showthread.php?tid=89)

Pages: 1 2

Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Evil Yoshi Toes - 11-27-2017

I completely forgot what number this comp is and I don't know how to go back and check so if someone can tell me that'd be cool.

Rules: 
  • Create a Nintendo-related illustration for 1 page in a book. 
  • It can be a page for any kind of book, from picture book to comic.
  • ***You can use a preexisting book's text and apply something Nintendo to it or you can create your own text, but the page must contain text.***
  • The art must of course be your own, no ripping off other art (though you can certainly draw inspiration from other art).
  • Your artwork must not violate any of the MFGG forum rules.
***I'm updating the rules regarding text on the page. If you are doing an illustration for a text-heavy book, or any sort of case where the text would be on one page and the drawing on the other, you can include the text in your post and not on the drawing itself. Also when the voting is put up the text will still be put alongside the drawing just like it is in your post so people can have the proper context when voting. You can also include the other page in the same image as your drawing if you want to, but it's not necessary.***

Tips/Guidelines:
  • Try to have the illustration go along with the text on the page. For example, if you're illustrating a page from a picture book, have the illustration enhance the text by giving the viewer a visual as to what is being said in the text on the page. 
  • Pick a font that's legible and suits the mood of your story.
  • Plan out where your text is going to go as you plan out your drawing. You don't want your text to be covering up something important, or to be in an awkward place on the page.
The competition ends December 12th. Have fun!  Other Big Brin

RE: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Mariotroid - 11-30-2017

This is right up my alley. Can't wait to get a drawing done!!! Smile

RE: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Action Lemon - 11-30-2017

Does it have to be a whole page or can it be a paragraph? Because a page is a lot to summarize in one drawing.

RE: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-01-2017

(11-30-2017, 09:48 PM)Auction Lemon Wrote: Does it have to be a whole page or can it be a paragraph? Because a page is a lot to summarize in one drawing.

It depends on what you're doing. If you're doing a picture book similar to a children's book, there's often little text on each page. It could be that you're doing an illustration for a book with heavier text, but in both cases you should pick the most interesting and integral moment of the text and illustrate it for the best result. Like how in books with lots of text that contain illustrations don't illustrate every single thing that happens in the book, they only illustrate the moments worth seeing or moments which could use visual aid.
If you are going the route of illustrating from a text heavy story, you only have to include the snippet that you are illustrating, and I suppose you don't need to have that on the drawing itself since many books like that will have the text on one page and an illustration on the next. I'll update the rules on that.
I hope this cleared things up. Basically as long as it can be part of a book of some sort, it'll be acceptable Smile

RE: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Mariotroid - 12-02-2017

[Image: 1FpYgja.jpg]
I don't know if this counts as an entry, didn' re read the rules beforehand. If it doesnt, I'll make a new one. If It counts, here's my entry.

RE: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-02-2017

Nice! Yep, that'll count.

RE: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-09-2017

Just a reminder that this is the last weekend to work on your entries. The comp ends Tuesday, December 12th. I hope we can get more entries!

RE: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Action Lemon - 12-09-2017

I have an entry, but I have not been able to set up the scanner and I probably wouldn't be able to color it or add beautiful text. Which is to bad, because this is a good entry.

RE: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-09-2017

Do you know when you'll have access to a scanner? If it's sometime soon I could possibly extend the deadline until then since we've only got one entry.

RE: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Action Lemon - 12-09-2017

I finally set up my scanner. It was a lot quicker than I thought it would be. I am currently working on the coloring process and should have it done before the deadline.

RE: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Action Lemon - 12-10-2017

I finally finished my entry. It is based on the final page in Animal Farm. (At lest in my version.)

RE: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-10-2017

Great entry! I hope we can get at least one more, but even if not at least now we will be able to have voting.

RE: Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Evil Yoshi Toes - 12-13-2017

Great entries you two. Thank you both so much for participating! We only got two entries so that means it's already time for final voting. Here are the entries:

Mariotroid

[Image: 1FpYgja.jpg]

Auction Lemon

[Image: Q5OdNWz.png]

Comment the name of the person you wish to vote for.

RE: [FINAL VOTING] Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Yakibomb - 12-13-2017

Wow! These two are great entries, but I must vote for Action Lemon because his entry made me laugh.

RE: [FINAL VOTING] Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Mariotroid - 12-13-2017

Afiction Lemon, I feel more effort was put into it than in my own.

RE: [FINAL VOTING] Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Action Lemon - 12-13-2017

Thanks brosky! My vote goes to Mariotroid.

RE: [FINAL VOTING] Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - GamerInGeorgia - 12-13-2017

A hearty pat on the back to both contestants.
Both drawings are really nice, but Auction Lemon takes my vote.

RE: [FINAL VOTING] Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - Willsaber - 12-14-2017

I vote for Mariotroid.

RE: [FINAL VOTING] Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - VinnyVideo - 12-14-2017

I'm also going with Mariotroid.

RE: [FINAL VOTING] Drawing Competition - Page from a Book - littlelum - 12-14-2017

Hard choice, but Auction Lemon gets my vote

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.