MFGG Forums
Should N64 Classic Happen? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Should N64 Classic Happen? (/showthread.php?tid=897)

Pages: 1 2

Should N64 Classic Happen? - Yoshi2000 - 05-15-2018

If SNES and NES Classic Exist, why not N64 Classic? The N64 has a lot of great titles and classic titles. So I think a N64 Classic should be a thing.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - DustinVG - 05-15-2018

I wouldn't mind seeing one, but the library would feel awfully empty without Rare.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - GamerInGeorgia - 05-16-2018

I totally agree. Nintendo making a N64 Classic would be quite cool.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - Mors - 05-16-2018

no it shouldnt exist because i hate fun

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - OssieTheOstrich - 05-16-2018

(05-16-2018, 07:22 AM)Mors Wrote: no it shouldnt exist because i hate fun
*downvotes post.*

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - Mario - 05-16-2018

What games do you think should be included with it? I hope it has WWF No Mercy

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - DustinVG - 05-16-2018

I'd say
-Super Mario 64
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (though, doubt they'd do both)
-Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
-Donkey Kong 64 (only Rare game they could likely manage to use)
-Mario Kart 64
-Super Smash Bros.
-Pilotwings 64
-Castlevania 64 (yeah, I know it kinda sucks)

...That's about all I can think of.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - Kritter - 05-16-2018

Nintendo has a bad history of not continuing things when they're on a roll with it. I think everyone assumed an N64 classic was a sure thing when the SNES classic was done with, but honestly I think Nintendo won't pursue the classic line of consoles any further than the SNES Classic.

Personally I'd love to see some obscure titles included if they did make one. Beetle Adventure Racing comes to mind, hands down the best and most underrated N64 racing game along with other titles like Extreme G or Airboarder 64. I'd also like to see things like Bomberman 64 which was huge when the N64 first launched, and maybe Rogue Squadron assuming there's no legal barrier. I'd imagine there'd be no "adult" titles like Shadowman 64, but a man can dream.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - Pedigree - 05-17-2018

Even if it were to exist, i doubt that I'd get my hands on one given the rarity of both the NES and SNES Classic.

If I could get my hands on one, that's cool though.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - Evil Yoshi Toes - 05-17-2018

It’d be cool, it’s a great console. I have a n64 already so it’d be silly for me to get one of these, but I’d like to see it happen nonetheless.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - Mariotroid - 05-17-2018

(05-16-2018, 11:43 PM)Kritter Wrote: Nintendo has a bad history of not continuing things when they're on a roll with it. I think everyone assumed an N64 classic was a sure thing when the SNES classic was done with, but honestly I think Nintendo won't pursue the classic line of consoles any further than the SNES Classic.

Personally I'd love to see some obscure titles included if they did make one. Beetle Adventure Racing comes to mind, hands down the best and most underrated N64 racing game along with other titles like Extreme G or Airboarder 64. I'd also like to see things like Bomberman 64 which was huge when the N64 first launched, and maybe Rogue Squadron assuming there's no legal barrier. I'd imagine there'd be no "adult" titles like Shadowman 64, but a man can dream.

I'd love to see all three Bomberman games.

Winback and Buckbumble and Jet Force Gemini and Star Fox.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - Zero Kirby - 05-19-2018

(05-17-2018, 03:08 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Even if it were to exist, i doubt that I'd get my hands on one given the rarity of both the NES and SNES Classic.

The SNES Classic is rare? I see them on sale all the time.

Maybe it's a regional thing.

A 64 Classic would be neat, especially since we'd get new N64 Classic Controllers which would be awesome, but at the same time I feel like the library would be fairly shallow and nowhere near justify the price of it, assuming it costs the same as the NES or SNES Classic.

Now, a GameCube Classic...

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - Yoshi2000 - 05-19-2018

(05-19-2018, 05:32 PM)Zero Kirby Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 03:08 AM)Pedigree Wrote: Even if it were to exist, i doubt that I'd get my hands on one given the rarity of both the NES and SNES Classic.

A 64 Classic would be neat, especially since we'd get new N64 Classic Controllers which would be awesome, but at the same time I feel like the library would be fairly shallow and nowhere near justify the price of it, assuming it costs the same as the NES or SNES Classic.

Considering the fact that the GameCube was a flop that probably means it won't happen anytime soon.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - Mario - 05-19-2018

Glover would be another great third-party title. It was ported to Windows and the PlayStation, but as far as I know those ports didn't exactly get great reviews.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - YoshisIsland3 - 05-19-2018

(05-19-2018, 05:32 PM)Zero Kirby Wrote:

Same thing happened to me, I thought the Switch would have sold out last Christmas, turns out, they were still in stock before the day of Christmas. 

N64 Classic may happen soon, though, Nintendo may have to deal with Nintendo Online and a service that replaces the banner of the Virtual Console.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - Pea - 05-20-2018

I just want Bomberman: The Second Attack and I'll be sold.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - OssieTheOstrich - 05-21-2018

(05-19-2018, 05:32 PM)Zero Kirby Wrote: Now, a GameCube Classic...
Uh, the Wii is able to play GameCube games, and as @Yoshi2000 said: "the GameCube was a flop" so it's not going to happen. or maybe it will. Confused

(i don't have a Wii or a Wii U but i'm assuming both play GameCube games.)

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - YoshisIsland3 - 05-21-2018

(05-21-2018, 12:27 AM)Ostrich101 Wrote:
Uh, the Wii is able to play GameCube games, and as @Yoshi2000 said: "the GameCube was a flop" so it's not going to happen. or maybe it will. Confused

(i don't have a Wii or a Wii U but i'm assuming both play GameCube games.)
The Wii U can't but the Wii can, RVL models specifically; Gamecube mini might happen down the line or won't.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - СМБХфан - 05-22-2018

It wasn't even 20 years. A Wii Classic is never going to see the light of day. Ever.

Anyways, an N64 Classic would be a great way to get Nintendo some quick cash due to the large amount of people that have nostalgia.

But, an N64 Classic would kind of be too recent for Nintendo. People still remember the N64 more freshly than the NES and emulators exist too. Despite that, I think an N64 Classic for Christmas or some other time would be a good move for Nintendo.

RE: Should N64 Classic Happen? - Kritter - 05-22-2018

Too recent? I was in primary school when the N64 came out in 1997. That was over 20 years ago, I hardly call that recent.

In other news, Nintendo recently registered a Nintendo 64 trademark. Could just be them refreshing their trademarks, or could mean something is on the way, whether it be some kind of Switch port or an N64 Mini.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.