MFGG Forums
More Use For Coins? - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: More Use For Coins? (/showthread.php?tid=914)

Pages: 1 2

More Use For Coins? - Yoshi2000 - 05-18-2018

I don't understand the point of coins IMO, as you can't really do anything with them other than to donate. But what is the person who you donated to, gonna do with them? NOTHING. Now I could rant on and on, but here a suggestion I have. Like Maybe have something like the PS4 Avatar Store, where you have to pay with coins to get certain avatars? Or maybe even you could unlock certain features with them? I really don't know, but what I do know is that, there needs to be something you can buy with them or something like that.

RE: More Use For Coins? - DustinVG - 05-18-2018

Don't worry, mine friend. It is planned. I'd do it right now if I had any idea how to rig it up.

RE: More Use For Coins? - Kaguya Houraisan - 05-19-2018

I figured that meanwhile, we can implement 'User Shop' threads so that people can take requests (art, music, resources in general, etc), and ask for coins in exchange. It doesn't need any technical updates to the feature, so we can start implementing it by our own choice! It might as well improve interactions between MFGGers, so we can give it a try.

RE: More Use For Coins? - Snessy the duck - 05-20-2018

(05-19-2018, 10:32 PM)Kaguya Houraisan Wrote: I figured that meanwhile, we can implement 'User Shop' threads so that people can take requests (art, music, resources in general, etc), and ask for coins in exchange. It doesn't need any technical updates to the feature, so we can start implementing it by our own choice! It might as well improve interactions between MFGGers, so we can give it a try.

That sounds pretty darn' rad!

RE: More Use For Coins? - Shadow Administrator Drei - 05-20-2018

Maybe some sort of application effect to posts categorized by whether they represent a playful disdain or a jovial support of the post. Like one that made 1 Ups more apparent and exciting, one that did a fake wikipedia donation ad, and one that covered the post contents in a splat.

RE: More Use For Coins? - Mario - 05-20-2018

I think coins need to be re-thought in how we earn them. No matter how many excellent posts I make, I don't earn any. I can make a lot of crummy threads to earn coins but that just doesn't seem right. This doesn't mean I think we should just hand out coins for every post, but I'd rather see coins earned for 1-ups or something like that rather than tied directly to posting.

RE: More Use For Coins? - Q-Nova - 05-20-2018

I agree with what Mario said; when I joined the MyBB forums, I thought I would get coins for earning 1-Ups and badges.

RE: More Use For Coins? - Honey Saucer Gengar - 05-20-2018

We should have a shop to buy things like Smilies and figurines

RE: More Use For Coins? - Pedigree - 05-20-2018

Specifically, on the subject of earning coins, I think you should get coins when you receive 1ups on your posts instead of per post or thread. As for how to spend them, it's going to take a bit to put anything into motion so please be patient. If I recall correctly, one of the things planned was to be able to purchase Smash-esque trophies that you can customize.

Buying skins and smilies would be lame in my opinion, however. Either have them available to all or don't have them.

RE: More Use For Coins? - Mario - 05-20-2018

I like the idea of a trophy cabinet or items to accessorize the user info area of a post. Not as extravagant or wacky as what Minus World has for avatar dress-up but something along those lines.

RE: More Use For Coins? - VinnyVideo - 05-20-2018

@Mario Right now, you get coins every time you post, make a thread, or refer a new member. The longer your post, the more coins you get. I'd love for members to get coins as a reward for having their posts 1-Upped, but this would require a bit of custom programming.

A trophy case thingy would be fun.

@Kaguya Houraisan A good idea! We're working on implementing new ways to spend coins, but using coins to reward people who help you out is a feature that anyone can use right now.

RE: More Use For Coins? - Snessy the duck - 05-21-2018

I have a question: Is there a rule against using alt accounts to give yourself coins?

RE: More Use For Coins? - VinnyVideo - 05-21-2018

@Snessy the duck When we first introduced coins, I noted that we reserve the right to "adjust" your coin balance if you break the rules or abuse the system to get a huge number of coins.

RE: More Use For Coins? - Snessy the duck - 05-21-2018

Alright then, good to know!

RE: More Use For Coins? - Kritter - 05-21-2018

I've had a brief look into the store side of things and it doesn't look too difficult to implement. If I get a good period of time in the near future I might trial something for fun just to see if I can get it working.

I think the idea was to allow some subtle post flair like backgrounds on the posts themselves and some other snazzy things, nothing to the degree of somewhere like minus world and nothing to make the place feel "ugly".

RE: More Use For Coins? - VinnyVideo - 05-21-2018

@Kritter Makes sense. I'd like for coins to support features that are fun but not gaudy. I don't want to rip off MW - or turn into circa-2006 MySpace!

RE: More Use For Coins? - Vitiman - 05-21-2018

If I may interject, as long as post backgrounds are subtle I have no problem with them at all. Just please don't go the route of SMWCentral and allow people to completely customize them, it adds ungodly amounts of clash to the forums and makes reading posts a nightmare because there's no real consistency - plus, it's just hard on the eyes.

I believe someone made some examples once that were really nice. Could've been Mit? 

I envision some very semi-transparent mostly black PNG images overlayed on posts so they look good on all backgrounds.

See Mit's post on Page 2 of the PHPBB forums HERE for an idea of what I'm talking about.

RE: More Use For Coins? - Pedigree - 05-21-2018

That would look nice.

I'm sure there are loads of other ideas we could come up with to use coins for. Maybe User Title or Username flair etc. Buy a certain badge to show support for something such as the revered "I Love MFGG" badge. Things that are inoffensive to the eyes but give people something fun to spend coins on.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.