MFGG Forums
SOLVED Require Bans to be Informed if Not Warned Prior to Occurence - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: SOLVED Require Bans to be Informed if Not Warned Prior to Occurence (/showthread.php?tid=921)

Require Bans to be Informed if Not Warned Prior to Occurence - Shadow Administrator Drei - 05-20-2018

I have been banned from the MFGG Discord for no apparent reason. No official hand-out was given, and my only contact seems to state that the staff did not discuss it.

The last thing I did was post an image of "No Fun Allowed" after Dustin had randomly arrived to stamp out the sparks after Diantha resolved an issue - effectively ruining the fun everyone was having by posting their reaction at the serious topic that just occurred in SJG; a usually jovial place. He literally came in just to say we couldn't have fun. I could've equally posted the Sailor Moon "You didn't do anything," meme as there was literally no issues in the chat.

Please make it necessary, as I think I've asked before, for staff to have to inform you of what you have done wrong before a ban, and for a unique action, a warning before a ban is dished out.

RE: Require Bans to be Informed if Not Warned Prior to Occurence - DustinVG - 05-20-2018

You had been warned on several occasions to stop with the abrasive attitude towards staff and users alike. Perhaps I could’ve given you a last warning, perhaps, but this was far from undiscussed.

RE: Require Bans to be Informed if Not Warned Prior to Occurence - Shadow Administrator Drei - 05-20-2018

This was totally out of nowhere as it was not abrasive attitude. You're projecting your own disdain for me into negative feedback when I jokingly post in the Space Junk Galaxy.

RE: Require Bans to be Informed if Not Warned Prior to Occurence - The Dark Warrior - 05-20-2018

(05-20-2018, 01:57 AM)Dustinvgmaster Wrote: You had been warned on several occasions to stop with the abrasive attitude towards staff and users alike. Perhaps I could’ve given you a last warning, perhaps, but this was far from undiscussed.

TBF, the context happening in Space Junk Galaxy, one could interpret the post in question as tongue-in-cheek than any serious badposts against the staff...being that space junk galaxy is the designated media/shitpost channel. It is really just horrible timing if anything if one can and will, interpret what happened most generously.

RE: Require Bans to be Informed if Not Warned Prior to Occurence - Shadow Administrator Drei - 05-20-2018

To be honest, this is the second unwarranted ban from the Discord with 0 information. With your failing elsewhere regarding the Charisma topic and actively contributing as well as preventing negativity and a negative environment for fan games or community games to be developed, I highly doubt your capability as an admin is really as was originally rated. I don't know when the ban is up, and now I have an asinine reason as to the action taken that is almost certainly your own biases playing into themselves.

RE: Require Bans to be Informed if Not Warned Prior to Occurence - DustinVG - 05-20-2018

(Image containing complaints. Removed.)
Bias. Sure.

Ah, I see you're going down the character assassination route. I've only ever told someone to kill themselves explicitly when they have used said phrasing to others - in Hotel Delfino's case - Vertette.

Regarding HDev mentioned there, he has had his share of the rest of the server complaining about him, except openly and to his face for his failings. 

I don't care if people don't like me. There's nepotism, incompetence, and hypocrisy rampant in the staff. It's pathetic and easily fixed.

RE: Require Bans to be Informed if Not Warned Prior to Occurence - Mario - 05-20-2018

I think moderating is a pretty serious job and if you're not up to the task of communicating with the people you're supposed to be moderating then you're not taking it serious enough. I know a lot of the moderator tools are pretty bad at making communication easy for staff, but it seems like every platform these days has its own form of direct messages.

RE: Require Bans to be Informed if Not Warned Prior to Occurence - Pedigree - 05-20-2018

Going forward, staff needs to communicate with members on why they're being banned before bans are put forth. This should not be optional.

Do I need to make a separate thread about being informed when a ban is up too?

RE: Require Bans to be Informed if Not Warned Prior to Occurence - Pedigree - 05-20-2018

(05-20-2018, 01:54 PM)GothGirlGangDrei Wrote: Do I need to make a separate thread about being informed when a ban is up too?

No, that should be included in the notice that a member is being banned.

I appreciate that there are competent and answering staff somewhere, if not in the admin roles.

The intent of the “character assassination” post was more to prove that complaints had been received prior to the ban and it wasn’t entirely a spur of the moment thing, or at least it seemed that way to me at the time. It was likely a mistake to post it.

Either way, I’m sorry for any improper behavior and the abrupt nature of the ban. I will unban you. Feel free to sing songs to my detriment in #general.

As I said, from now on we will do better at communicating ban reasons and ban length. If issues arise again, please don't hesitate to let us know. For now, marking this as solved and locking it.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.