MFGG Forums
Reassessing my Thoughts on Dustin - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Reassessing my Thoughts on Dustin (/showthread.php?tid=922)

Reassessing my Thoughts on Dustin - Shadow Administrator Drei - 05-20-2018

I think there is public reason to question if Dustin is fit for such a high role, and there are multiple examples of questionable actions - all given no apology or recourse from Dustin.

During the Lockening event, he was a modmin of Hotel Delfino and, IIRC, only site staff. With zero responsibility to what was occurring and no power to affect it, he ragequit from the then-unofficial Discord of MFGG - which he abandoned once the official one was made.

He has been reported by members - notably GothGirlGangKomaeda - to have harassed them participating in showcasing games developed by members and hosted on MFGG. 

He took a very selfish stance regarding a community game developed - allowing negative attitudes and posts that broke rules to not only be posted, but personally posted them. This was never rectified from what I was last in touch with the affected members which Dustin has helped push away from the community via his actions taken regarding the game.

His recent ban on me - no warning, no reason stated, no time up given, and upon further information snooping - no information given to other staff. His now stated reason after I aired my grievances is asinine and certainly him unwilling to admit his own negative biases against me preventing him from enjoying the jovial nature of SJG.

To give Willsaber some credit, I do think it has a big underlying problem: its staff works against its members and work as a separate higher class who are exempt from err.

RE: Reassessing my Thoughts on Dustin - Vitiman - 05-20-2018

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: Reassessing my Thoughts on Dustin - Shadow Administrator Drei - 05-20-2018

That might be favourite post in years on this forum.

Adding another reason: attempting character assassination to distract from his own incompetence.

RE: Reassessing my Thoughts on Dustin - Pedigree - 05-20-2018

I do not agree with the way this ban was handled or the reason. However, I must state from my observations that you frequently do use personal attacks and needlessly escalate in your dealing with other members and staff. That doesn't excuse any wrongful actions against you, but I must hold you accountable for your part in this.

Staff has received complaints both in public and private about this and if this continues, you will probably be banned under Be Nice to Each Other and this General Maturity bullet point specifically: "Frequently instigating arguments or disrupting the community in some other negative way"

This Drei versus the Staff drama can't continue on either side. I personally won't tolerate it. Your feedback is welcome but it MUST be more constructive and have fewer personal attacks (preferably no personal attacks at all).

I'll do what I can to address issues with staff on my part.

RE: Reassessing my Thoughts on Dustin - VinnyVideo - 05-20-2018

Basically, everything Pedigree said. The Discord incident from yesterday could've been handled better, but you have a long history of breaking the rules on both the forums and the Discord, and just the previous day I specifically told you to refrain from making personal attacks on other MFGGers.

As for Dustin, Dustin was made an admin because he's level-headed and active, and he's contributed a lot to MFGG. Most of the events you mentioned in the original post happened long ago and were tense situations where all parties concerned could've handled things better. I find no evidence whatsoever that Dustin has ever "harassed" anyone.

As staff members, we always have an open door - we're open to suggestions and criticism. However, your case would be a lot stronger if you treated us with a basic degree of respect. We're not the enemy - we're not perfect, but we try our best to make MFGG a pleasant place for all. If you're unable to respect the staff and members, you should find another community that would be a better fit for you.

Also, since you're asking Dustin to apologize, I can't ever recall you apologizing for any time you've broken the rules. If you took some responsibility yourself, you'd probably find that your interactions with the staff and community would go a whole lot better.

RE: Reassessing my Thoughts on Dustin - Pedigree - 05-20-2018

Anyways, as for Dustin, we all make mistakes that we can learn from. I can't speak for him but he did apologize for the abrupt ban and reversed the ban on you himself at least. All the other allegations listed against him are in the past and I don't recall enough to comment, but do let us know if there is further conflict or feedback to offer in the future.

I know tensions were high when this topic was made, but please try to be a little more patient and contact other admins before making a callout thread if possible. I'm sure we can help resolve your issues with an admin without making a spectacle out of them, or at least let us try to.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.