MFGG Forums
WIP Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) (/showthread.php?tid=931)

Pages: 1 2 3

Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - smbmaster99 - 05-22-2018

PLOT SUMMARY:

So yeah, people that've been on MFGG a while will know i've been working on and off on this for about 2 years lol. Relics of Creation is a blend of Pokemon, Xenoblade, and Final Fantasy in terms of gameplay and story. I've long felt that mainstream pokemon games are very bland and feel more like simple reskins + a new feature or two with re-coded assets from older games in the franchise, but I LOVE the Pokemon themselves, so I decided I would make a game in vein to how I'd like to see Pokemon done, even if it's unlikely lol

The game is planned to feature large areas to explore. The game has sidequests, a day-night cycle, realtime weather changes, sandstorms, snowstorms treasure chests to loot, switches that have various effects on things in the area, pushable objects for puzzles (which utilize tiles rather than separate sprites), an inventory system, an affinity system, a shop system, a collectibles system, party members, party swapping, a lighting system, and more is planned.

There's still A LOT to do on the game, but it's all coming along nicely. Here's the part where i post old pictures, videos, and gifs of stuff i've worked on for the game:

This is the game world - Alto:
Super extra old videos, with the most recent being at the bottom:

an old gif showing off the sword and cuttable grass (ZELDA style o3o)
A gif showing off the buttons/switches and the pushable objects o3o
And lastly a gif showing off a preview of the sidequest system o3o
Here's a mockup of the battle system:
[Image: YuWySwA.png]

Since this mockup was made, i've expanded the horizontal border of the view to make the screen less crowded. I'll just copy/paste what i've said about the battle system before:
I think that's all for now. I'll post more as I remember/get things done :P If you have questions don't hesitate to ask o3o

RE: The Last Ethyrian - Relics of Creation - GamerInGeorgia - 05-22-2018

Wow. Huh? The title screen is phenomenal and the music really fits. Can't wait to see what this game turns into!

RE: The Last Ethyrian - Relics of Creation - SonicKade2048 - 05-22-2018

I LOVE this idea! Everything I've seen in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games have always fascinated me, and I've wanted to do something with it all myself, though I've never gotten around to it due to some reasons which I won't really describe here. As for the progress of it all right now, it looks amazing! I love the aesthetics of it, and I look forward to seeing more come from you. Keep doing what you're doing now, and I'm sure you'll make it into an amazing game!

RE: The Last Ethyrian - Relics of Creation - smbmaster99 - 05-25-2018

Thanks y'all c:

nothing too big to post about here, but i updated the OP because for some reason the videos weren't showing. That's been corrected, and in addition to that some small changes and bug fixes were done.

Some sounds such as the sound of a creek or pond fade in gradually the closer you get to them but the volume was escalating and fading in an exponential pattern so that's been fixed so that it scales more linearly. Also in one of the videos showing the affinity system I used the mouse. I've changed this to use the arrow keys instead

RE: The Last Ethyrian - Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - YoshisIsland3 - 05-26-2018

The controls sound very nice, and there is a lot of LOZ mixed in there, I'm looking foward to the game.

RE: The Last Ethyrian - Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - smbmaster99 - 05-28-2018

New dev progress video

RE: The Last Ethyrian - Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - smbmaster99 - 06-03-2018

The music system works now o3o

music will change depending on day/night cycles and it will change whenever you get into a battle. Music will not have day/night transitions if you're in a cave or something similar

RE: The Last Ethyrian - Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - Mariotroid - 06-05-2018

This seems really ambitious, but very cool. Good luck with this.

RE: The Last Ethyrian - Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - RetroRespecter - 06-12-2018

Now that's what I call a passion project.

RE: The Last Ethyrian - Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - smbmaster99 - 08-07-2018

Sorry I've not updated this in a while <w> I had summer classes this summer and they were, to put it mildly, some of the most stressful classes I've ever taken lol due mainly to 14 weeks of material being covered in 7 weeks but i'm back to work on this o3o

I've been adding some more ambient sound effects as well as modifying how some of the ambient sound effects play so that they sound more "fake 3d" is how I'll put it. I can't really explain this well without a video but we'll get to that eventually i guess lol

I've also been updating greninja's sprites because they needed it BADLY:

[Image: aYWIZI4.png]

old sprites are on the left and new ones are on the right.

That's all i have for now unfortunately, but I hope to be able to post more in the near future c:

RE: The Last Ethyrian - Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - smbmaster99 - 08-12-2018

Got a few new things to show o3o

Buttons now can spawn treasure chests, and the camera can focus on certain elements of a level or area to highlight important things or points of interest

This one's just for cosmetics, but while indoors lightning flashes will shine through windows o3o

In addition to these, quite a few collision bugs were also fixed. I've also sped up the in-game time because otherwise it would take 24 irl minutes for a full day-night cycle to play out lol

RE: The Last Ethyrian - Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - RetroRespecter - 08-13-2018

This feels like Pokémon Mystery Dungeons taken to the next level already.

RE: The Last Ethyrian - Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - smbmaster99 - 08-14-2018

I added more eye candy (birds and things)

RE: Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - smbmaster99 - 08-28-2018

Their name is tentative. You can use them to create Stat-boosting crystals o3o

RE: Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - smbmaster99 - 09-24-2018

New stuff o3o

The minimap is functional, and I made some changes and improvements to the "ores" system i showed earlier. The real improvements are internal so you don't glean too much from this video unfortunately, but they now have better names and descriptions in the inventory. Also you can sell Ores for high prices

RE: Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - Q-Nova - 09-24-2018

Wow, this is pretty neat! This game seems very big, but you appear to have a lot of passion for it and the game is looking very polished! I'm quite sure this will turn out to be a really great game once it's finished! Smile

RE: Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - smbmaster99 - 10-01-2018

New feature o3o

Landmarks have been implemented. You'll be able to fast travel to landmarks you've visited in the game

RE: Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - smbmaster99 - 10-15-2018

I added the clock/weather thing which i've attached to the minimap

[Image: X8TOl8A.gif]

RE: Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - VinnyVideo - 10-15-2018

Those night/weather effects are looking pretty nifty.

RE: Relics of Creation (A Pokemon Fangame) - smbmaster99 - 10-17-2018

[Image: 6J6zOiZ.gif]

small update, but i've added an option to change the time of day o3o

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.