MFGG Forums
Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: The Dungeon (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: The Vault (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Competitions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations (/showthread.php?tid=945)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - SonicZetrex - 05-25-2018

Pixel Art Competition #5: Nostalgic Creations:

[Image: D0ctY3H.png]

When it comes to video games, they all become one. But what if they were primarily made in consoles by your own creation?
That's why, in this challenge, you're going to create your own demake by choosing one of the selections of consoles in this "kind of era".

Rules:

*For each console, you must follow specific rules in order to match its palette and resolution.

Here are the consoles you can choose from (you can choose 1 only):
GameBoy Advance: Palette (Anything that's suitable) Resolution(240 × 160) (Source)

NES: Palette (54 colors exact) Resolution (256× 240)*   (Source)
*Must have no more than 4 colors in each character/background*

SNES: Palette (Anything that's suitable) Resolution (256 x 224 or 512 x 448 )  (Source)

GameBoy: Palette (4 Colors) Resolution(160 x 144)  (Source)

NeoGeo Pocket (Color): Palette (12-bit RGB) Resolution(160 x 152)  (Source)

Sega Genesis: Palette (9-bit RGB) Resolution(320 x 224)  (Source)

*You can create in any way you like, whether it can be something creative or something that relates to Nintendo or "Sonic".
*It can also be animated if you want to make it seem movable.
*Make sure you named the console of what your using in the entry.

If you want to see the reference of how the mockup should look like, here are some examples (but don't copy them):
[Image: ofnYUsU.gif]
GBA-Styled Splatoon ~ jonroru

[Image: ZZVzkKJ.png]
Neo Geo Pocket ~ Mortal Kombat ~unknown~ (No Clear Resolution, the only mockup for NGP so far. )

[Image: q3For0i.png]
Duck Tales in SNES~ ScepterDPinoy

[Image: aMkrdGM.png]
TOC: Under the Black Moon (GB) ~ Kaiseto - Pixel Joint

The deadline remains on ***June 20th***, so get ready to start making!

**This is the last extension to be used in this competition, so hopefully the
entries will be fully polished by the time deadline ends at 12:00am. *

Notes:

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - GamerInGeorgia - 05-25-2018

Great theme! Better get started on this soon.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - Shadow Administrator Drei - 05-25-2018

I love the theme. Will def participate.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - Mariotroid - 05-25-2018

Amazing theme, seems pretty cool. I'll enter.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - Simpson55 - 05-30-2018

I think the NES screen resolution is actually 256*240 (a single nametable is 16 tiles long and 15 tiles high).
I made an NES demake of Super Mario Sunshine:
[Image: 5dpk.png]
Not sure that it follows the rules though since I only edited the sprites of Mario, Toad and the coins.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - SonicZetrex - 05-30-2018

Oh yeah! I must've somehow missed the NES resolution by 240 x 240. Thanks for the correction, I'm editing it now.

And also, it can also be anything, especially when it's edited by an existing sprite, so I'm sure it'll count. Just as long as it wasn't edited poorly or something that makes the entry feel frail.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - Simpson55 - 05-30-2018

Alright, thanks Smile
There's still a mistake though, the resolution is 256*240, not 240*240. ^^"
[Image: 6qh5.png]

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - Mariotroid - 05-30-2018

Would an entry like Super Mario Galaxy in my own fangames style work?

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - SonicZetrex - 05-31-2018

Hmm... well...

IT can be possible for it to count, just as long as it follows the rules.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - tarkan809 - 06-04-2018

luckily I have this ready:
[Image: oauldpa2210.png]

I used the sega genesis palette for this.

and I was the one who drew this sonic.

EDIT: I just realized that this is a mockup thing.

this may be a mock-up type:
[Image: img_0647.png]

well, I kept this in sta.sh it's some kind like Mario but dragons.
Well, it's been a while...

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - Pedigree - 06-04-2018

You can't submit graphics that you already had made.

Your entry must be put together during the competition.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - tarkan809 - 06-05-2018

(06-04-2018, 11:30 AM)Pedigree Wrote: You can't submit graphics that you already had made.

Your entry must be put together during the competition.

What are you talking about Pedigree?

are you talking about that already made art doesn't count?

or is it that you are making a challenge hard?

or what?

the reason why I asked that because I don't understand what it means.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - Pedigree - 06-05-2018

Your art isn't allowed because it was made outside the competition.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - SonicZetrex - 06-06-2018

He's right.

And also, since there isn't any more than 1 entry, I'll probably extend it to Wednesday (next week) if possible. So expect the extension to happen unless there's another entry with meeting standards (inside the competition).

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - DialUpper - 06-06-2018

I don't know if this follows the rules completely but here goes:
[Image: B0X6Dl3.png]
It's a Game Boy demake of Mega Man 6.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - SonicZetrex - 06-06-2018

Seem pretty nice! Although, are you trying out the shading figure for MegaMan? Because that might..hmm...
It might look pretty decent in your own way.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - DialUpper - 06-06-2018

I don't know if you can change what your entry looks like, but if you can, I'd probably use a different sprite of Mega Man that can be shaded with the four colors (this is based on what could be Mega Man VI with Mega Man 7 Robot Masters in the latter half) or make one myself that can do the same thing.
If I cannot change my own entry, that's perfectly okay with me.

Oh, no. I was wondering if you're going for the kind of how MegaMan looks in that shading. I mean, you can still change the entry if you want to before the challenge is due. So, either way, it's your option to change to any kind you wish unless you want it to keep it the way it is.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - Q-Nova - 06-07-2018

This theme is nice, it really deserves more entries! Anyway, here's my entry:

[Image: keen_nes_1.PNG]

It's an NES version of the original Commander Keen trilogy (Invasion of the Vorticons). The idea was from an old advertisement sheet that mentioned porting Commander Keen into the NES (as seen at the very bottom), but nothing about it was heard ever since. Most of the stuff in the mockup are recolors/edits of sprites and tiles from the original Keen 1, with the icons and border in the HUD being the only custom sprites for the mockup.

RE: Pixel Art Comp 2018 Number Five: Nostalgic Creations - SonicZetrex - 06-07-2018

It seems like an excellent mention towards a forgotten game. Nice!

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.