MFGG Forums
Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again (/showthread.php?tid=961)

Pages: 1 2

Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - smbmaster99 - 05-28-2018

Pretty simple thread. What games do y'all wish you could play again as though it's your first time playing it again, and why? You can list several if you wish. For me:
  • Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild - Few games have I ever been so excited to play. I still fondly remember purchasing it on launch day and feeling the sense of wonder and delight at the first look at Hyrule as Link exits the resurrection shrine at (in-game) early morning. Then of course the thrill of exploration, discovery, and genuine challenge several of the monsters and even the terrain pose to players. I'd very much love to be able to experience that same feeling over again.
  • Resident Evil 4 - Perhaps my favorite horror game of all time. Before my sister and brother-in-law were married, he'd sometimes bring over RE4 which was brand new at the time and I would watch them work their way through bits and pieces of it. I saw enough to make me want to play it myself, and I'll never forget what a good (albeit spooky) time I had with it. The mystery behind why an entire village has turned murderous and fighting to stay alive against hordes of monsters and escape. I had never played a game like it before, and still to this day, although it hasn't aged all that well, I find myself going back to it and replaying it. I've played through the game no less than 70 times across the several copies I own.
I could list a few more but I don't want to make my list too large xP How about yours?

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Mariotroid - 05-28-2018

1. Metroid Prime. The fun I had with my brother as a preteen playing this game was unbelievable. I' find places to go, as would he. We'd check out best ways of attacking enemies and switching the controller to each other when we died.
2. Mario Party. Another fun game to play with my siblings. It was great fun to play with my sister. She got excited over it. My brother would always win but I still had fun.

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Langton - 05-28-2018

Kirby Planet Robobot, since I had foolishly spoiled myself quite a bit before I actually bought the game.
And Sonic Mania. There's too many neat throwbacks in that to not go in blind for.

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - littlelum - 05-28-2018

Almost every game I've played, really, but I'd have to go with Super Paper Mario

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Friendly Dictator - 05-28-2018

the ace attorney games

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Mario - 05-28-2018

I don't think I'd want to go through a game blind. If it's not enjoyable to go through anymore then it's outlived it's usefulness to me. Maybe I can return to it in a longer period of time, but otherwise it's just time to move on.

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Yrr - 05-29-2018

i dont think id like to play any game blind, the visuals are pretty important to me

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Evil Yoshi Toes - 05-29-2018

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. I like the first game better in terms of gameplay, but this game was a lot more surprising. Finding out that Peach was being held in an alien base with a main computer that was in love with her and playing as Bowser for the first time were pretty crazy.

Zelda Skyward Sword mostly for storyline. Throughout the entire game I was motivated to catch up to Zelda to reunite her with Link. It was a fun experience even if the gameplay was mediocre. 

Little Big Planet. Weird game. It's really charming and surprising though. It was my favorite game as a child and it remains on of my favorite games to this day.

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - GStache - 05-29-2018

I'd have to say any modern mainline Kirby game, because those spoiler thumbnails are the bane of my existence (though thankfully I was able to experience Star Allies blindly Other Big Brin).

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Pedigree - 05-29-2018

I wish I could re-experience Super Mario Odyssey when it came out and was brand new to me. The most enjoyable time I had in years.

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Evil Yoshi Toes - 05-30-2018

(05-29-2018, 01:41 PM)GStache Wrote: I'd have to say any modern mainline Kirby game, because those spoiler thumbnails are the bane of my existence (though thankfully I was able to experience Star Allies blindly Other Big Brin).

Yes, the last segment of the final boss in Odyssey was spoiled to me by a thumbnail. It’s quite annoying but I guess it gets people to click.

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - UnoffThrower - 08-18-2020

While I don't have Undertale, I have watched quite a few playthroughs of it.
I wish I could experience it blind again, it's such a great game.

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Pedigree - 08-18-2020

Mario Galaxy and Mario Odyssey

when replaying them I don't have the same sense of wonder as I did when I first played them and I lose interest.

EDIT: Oh, I already replied to this thread. LaughingOh well.

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Retriever II - 08-21-2020

I wanted to say that the answer is any favorite game or game that caused initial wonder.  And then how do you pick?  Or just list them all?

But actually one suddenly jumped out at me.

Minecraft.  It was such a captivating combination of exploration and creativity that I discovered just as its multiplayer experience was getting off the ground.  I could explore caves or build castles or design circuits, and sharing the experience with others was fantastic.  I stuck with the game for a very long time and gave back my own contributions to it, but I don't think I can capture the early feelings again.

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - King Piranha Plant - 08-24-2020

Honestly, I just wish I could've played through Earthbound without anyone spoiling the ending or without knowing about any of the insane surreal stuff in the game.

Oh, but what Pedigree said -- nothing will ever be like playing through Galaxy or Odyssey for the first time. It would've been a lot better to experience Odyssey right now for the first time during quarantine. I didn't need as much of an escape or any game to occupy my brain back when it came out (I was a very outdoors person at the time), but during 2020, mannn that would be nice.

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Zae Eildus - 08-25-2020

Legend of zelda link to the past, Legend of Mana, Mario & luigi Super Star saga, Kirby super star, Final Fantasy 5, and Super metroid.

Yeah a good chunk  Roll eyes

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - fireball3k - 09-11-2020

earthbound i guess

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - warioCritic - 09-15-2021

no more heroes 3 because it was very insane and so good!

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - Murphmario - 10-14-2021

Hollow Knight blind was a really fun experience for me. It's the reason I'm trying to avoid Silksong spoilers so I can experience that game blind too.

RE: Video games you wish you could play blind for the first time again - GeneralGuy - 08-15-2022

None. I wouldn't trade the memories of games I've played for anything.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.