MFGG Forums
Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Resolved Suggestions (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options (/showthread.php?tid=989)

Pages: 1 2 3

Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Mario - 06-02-2018

Let's Get Benevolent Together and add pride flags

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Pedigree - 06-02-2018

Yes, let's do it.

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Kritter - 06-02-2018

If someone wants to make one I guess we can probably figure out how to add it. It can't be hard.

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Vitiman - 06-02-2018

"Where do you live?"

"Gay"

"Cool"

"Cool"

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - The Dark Warrior - 06-02-2018

Go ahead.

(add it if you wish, MFGG)

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Kaguya Houraisan - 06-02-2018

I made an attempt, based on the flag style we have. Hope it's of some use.

Attached file because for some reason, my pictures uploaded to external websites never show up.

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - VinnyVideo - 06-02-2018

"Gay" isn't a country, and the Country Flag System should be reserved for places that are actual countries.

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Mario - 06-02-2018

[Image: unspecified.gif] "What" ain't no country I ever heard of.

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Pedigree - 06-02-2018

(06-02-2018, 11:19 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: "Gay" isn't a country, and the Country Flag System should be reserved for places that are actual countries.

Like Littlelund, a joke flag that was put up based on a single member? And many members not using the correct flag?

I think we are way past playing the legitimate countries only card for flags.

If your concern is calling the field "Country" then change the field name.

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Shadow Administrator Drei - 06-02-2018

Oh, did Black Squirrel get access to Vinny's account?

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Yoshin - 06-02-2018

🏳️‍🌈 unicode has a pride flag thats with the rest of the country flags

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Vitiman - 06-03-2018

Just to clarify, my post was a joke.

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 06-03-2018

(06-02-2018, 11:33 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Like Littlelund, a joke flag that was put up based on a single member? And many members not using the correct flag?

who has that

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Syaxamaphone - 06-03-2018

(06-02-2018, 11:19 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote: "Gay" isn't a country, and the Country Flag System should be reserved for places that are actual countries.

You already give members the option to not specify a country, whats the difference if instead of a ? block they can have the pride flag. You already have two staff and a bunch of members on board with the idea. You wouldn't even need to do anything. I just don't understand the logic here.

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Kritter - 06-03-2018

I'm neither for nor against it, I just acknowledge that it's probably possible to do.

Maybe it'd be better to stick to using avatars though, at least you can put whatever you want in there.

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Yoshin - 06-03-2018

Adding new flags is easy
I could do it in seconds

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Snessy the duck - 06-03-2018

why not?

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Evil Yoshi Toes - 06-03-2018

If it bothers anyone to see the pride flag under a list of countries then we could just call it "Flag" rather than "Country." I don't think anyone takes the flags seriously enough to be offended by a flag that isn't a country's sneaking into the list though.

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - VinnyVideo - 06-03-2018

The Littlelund flag was temporarily added as a joke as part of a forum event. It was removed after a week or two.

On the phpBB forums, the [?] flag was a placeholder image for members who didn't fill out that option or didn't want to reveal where they live. It's not even enabled on the MyBB forums - nowadays, if you don't list a country, the forums don't display an image at all.

There are lots of other ways you can customize your profile - avatars, member titles, and signatures. Nobody's stopping you from putting a rainbow flag (or pretty much anything else) there. I just think it's dumb to be able to set your "location" to a flag symbolizing a sexual preference.

RE: Add Pride Flags to the country flag options - Yoshin - 06-03-2018

The pride flag is more then sexual preference, it represents the whole LGBTQ+
It's just a silly little PNG next to the name, I am unsure why there's such a big deal about this

EDIT: We had(maybe still have) the unofficial flag of Antartica, a continent which I am sure nobody lives. If we use your logic people shouldn't be using flags of countries they don't live in, or have it be an automatic process like how some imageboards have it.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.