Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 87 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
Author Message
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:51 pm 
User avatar
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
Administrator
[T]
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Mit wrote:
DJ Coco wrote:
Mit wrote:
<Mother 3>
I am quite certain that's against the bingo rules and you know that, too.

i did the exact same thing last year and was not disqualified

This isn't for a badge is it?

If it was for a badge I'd say it's cheating but if we're all just having fun here, let Mit have a little fun I say

_________________
Image

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:36 pm 
User avatar
The plot thickens
Site Staff
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
E3 Bingo has always been started a month in advanced because some people end up taking their time with it, and even if we did start it a week before E3, theres still a chance of a company revealing something, and even if they didn't, I guarantee you that people would be complaining that they didn't have enough time.


Zero Kirby wrote:
Well thanks for making the topic a whole month in advance and waiting until NOW to give us this pro-tip.

Wanna drop the attitude? It says in the rules that if you guess something that is revealed before E3, that said guess won't count. Taking that into consideration, you could have waited to make your card. No one forced anyone to make their card day one, as, as I said before, it's posted early for the sake of giving people more than enough time.

Zero Kirby wrote:
It's just asking for things like this to happen. Start the topic the week before E3 so that these misunderstandings and card edits don't have to happen!

Because no one would complain that they didn't have enough time if we did that.

Starting it a month early gives people more than enough time to plan their card. If they do it early, they risk having to change a square or two, no big deal and certainly not worth throwing a fit over, where as if we give them a week, they risk not finishing their card, making them unable to enter AT ALL. Personally, I'd rather have to change a square then to not be able to enter.


Vertette wrote:
littlelum wrote:
What do you mean?

anything that starts with "no" or ends with "doesn't get announced"

No, in the case of e3 bingo, it means you can't have two spaces that contradict each other to guarantee a check (One block says there will be a new DK, another says there won't be a new DK). That said, I'm not sure what the issue DJCoco is referring to.

_________________
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 pm 
User avatar
Huh? What? Huh?
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
i don't really understand if it's cheating if my one space is mother 3, which is notorious for not having been localized despite rumors of it having been translated officially been floating around for several years now, and it being finally confirmed means i win and if i don't i lose

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage

Image
 
Top
Offline 
 
 
 [au]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:58 pm 
User avatar
Not banned.
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Well it's cheating because it's not how bingo works.

_________________
Image

Available for ANDROID and IOS
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:17 pm 
User avatar
Lawful Evil
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Strictly speaking, winning Bingo requires (at least) four items on your list being correct. Yours only requires one.

However, this entire affair is intentionally silly and I haven't the foggiest as to why anyone would get upset at that. It's hardly as if everyone else is going to cease filling out their sheets as soon as one person completes a set.

_________________
Image
Magikoopa Security Force, the Mario Action-Strategy game!
  It's time to fight for Bowser!
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:20 pm 
User avatar
Huh? What? Huh?
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
if mother 3 gets announced i should get a franklin badge and not an e3 badge

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage

Image
 
Top
Offline 
 
 
 [ca]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:32 am 
User avatar
Watashi Wa
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
It says in the rules that if you guess something that is revealed before E3, that said guess won't count.


Maybe a little nitpicky, but the way its worded it sounds like only leaks wouldn't count. And if this same information was again reiterated at E3 then it would count?

So if the information Zero Kirby has predicted is shown again in a new trailer or during gameplay footage on the floor, would that mean it would officially count at that point?

_________________
My games | My twitter | My stream | Sprites Unlimited

Image
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:26 am 
User avatar
Your local psychic.
Global Moderator
[M]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
words words words words words


You're still not giving me a good reason besides "well it's called E3 Bingo ergo only E3 things should count because it's called E3 Bingo"

If the exact same problem could happen a week before E3 or a month before E3, then maybe consider a way to actually fix the problem. If the problem isn't the user's fault (and it really isn't) then it's a problem with the actual game itself.

I mean, again, I could make my card a month in advance, then have all of the squares invalidated four days before E3. I know it's a ridiculous example but it could happen. By your logic, I now do not have enough time to make a new one! How is this fair?

Also you say it's in the rules but there's an edit in the rules post dated after this whole debacle started. Do you have the original post? If I missed it originally, then that's fine, I should have paid more attention to it, but I still argue the rule itself is not a good one.

_________________
Zero Kirby, your local psychic. Check out my game reviews! Latest review: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.


scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [fr]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:09 am 
User avatar
спасибо
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
The original point of an E3 bingo was to analyze the conferences taking place there. Making it more complicated than that defeats the purpose and the fun of a bingo card.

_________________
 
Top
Offline 
 
 
 [at]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:30 am 
User avatar
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Vertette wrote:
littlelum wrote:
What do you mean?

anything that starts with "no" or ends with "doesn't get announced"

No, in the case of e3 bingo, it means you can't have two spaces that contradict each other to guarantee a check (One block says there will be a new DK, another says there won't be a new DK). That said, I'm not sure what the issue DJCoco is referring to.

Chaoxys wrote:
* No negations (unless the negated event is likely to show up based on current information) In other words, you can guess against something thats strongly implied to be there, or even confirmed, but you can't guess against a specific thing you made up.
-Allowed: "Mario Odyssey will not show up".
-Not Allowed: "Super Mario: Fraggle Dance 65 will not show up".

_________________
Image

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:28 am 
User avatar
The plot thickens
Site Staff
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Syaxamaphone wrote:
Maybe a little nitpicky, but the way its worded it sounds like only leaks wouldn't count. And if this same information was again reiterated at E3 then it would count?

Hmm, fair point. I suppose a better method would be that your don't have to change your card, but if your info isn't presented at E3, then you simply don't get to check off that spot as it didn't happen there.

Zero Kirby wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:
words words words words words


You're still not giving me a good reason besides "well it's called E3 Bingo ergo only E3 things should count because it's called E3 Bingo"

... What? So a game that has you playing Bingo with things brought up at E3 shouldn't focus on E3? I don't get your logic.

Zero Kirby wrote:
If the exact same problem could happen a week before E3 or a month before E3, then maybe consider a way to actually fix the problem. If the problem isn't the user's fault (and it really isn't) then it's a problem with the actual game itself.

I mean, again, I could make my card a month in advance, then have all of the squares invalidated four days before E3. I know it's a ridiculous example but it could happen. By your logic, I now do not have enough time to make a new one! How is this fair?

Like I just said in the quote to Syaxamaphone, I'm going to revise it to where basically if anything revealed in the month before E3 ALSO shows up at E3, it will count, however it HAS to show up at E3, because yes, this is E3 Bingo, it is sort of the key focus. That said, based on the original rule set, you wouldn't have to make a new one, those 4 that were invalidated simply wouldn't be checked off. Again though, due to the rule change, thats no longer an issue (provided it's still shown at E3).

Zero Kirby wrote:
Also you say it's in the rules but there's an edit in the rules post dated after this whole debacle started. Do you have the original post? If I missed it originally, then that's fine, I should have paid more attention to it, but I still argue the rule itself is not a good one.

All I did was add a single thing "The only exception is if something is revealed that is tied directly to E3, for example, if a trailer is put on youtube designating it as their "official E3 trailer"." So basically, I added the thing I mentioned before with Syaxamaphone, although not as fleshed out, although I'm about to update it a bit more.
DJ Coco wrote:
quotes

Can you just tell us what it is? Making additional quotes isn't helping anyone because I still can't see what he did on his card that breaks a rule.

_________________
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:55 am 
User avatar
The plot thickens
Site Staff
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
So yeah, since my last post is full of quotes and a bit hard to navigate, I'll make this post a bit easier.

Basically, I want to know if people would be cool with this new rule. Simply put, if you have a guess on your card that is leaked/shown before E3, you DON'T have to change it, however you can't check it off either, at least not until E3 begins. If it's shown at E3, then you are good to go. This is E3 Bingo, so in the end, it's presence at E3 is a deciding factor.

Also, I'll nip this in the bud now, it doesn't have to be a strong showing at E3 to count. What do I mean? Lets say you guessed that they'd show new ARMS characters at E3, well, they showed 3 new ones last night in a Direct, so as long as any one of those 3 show up at E3, you are free to check off that spot. On that note, I'd like to encourage people to play fair and not make a card full of leaked info at the last minute.

One thing though, the other rules still apply, so if a company confirms a game WILL be shown at E3 within the month, a guess like "_____ will be shown" is still invalid.

Would you all be cool with this set up? I mean, I know theres no perfect set up, but is this a better method?

_________________
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:14 pm 
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I believe this is a fair compromise.

_________________
Spoiler:
 
Top
Offline 
 
 
 [at]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:58 pm 
User avatar
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
DJ Coco wrote:
quotes

Can you just tell us what it is? Making additional quotes isn't helping anyone because I still can't see what he did on his card that breaks a rule.
"No new DKC", "No new F-Zero", "No new FPS" etc.

Especially the DKC one is more than likely to not show up given Retro is busy with something else.

_________________
Image

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:35 pm 
User avatar
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
Administrator
[T]
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Idk I feel like, since this isn't that big of a deal, then guesses that were confirmed at the direct (were there any, anyway?) should be checked off now. It fits with the spirit of the event: "guess what they're gonna reveal". Nintendo doing Directs kinda screws with E3 anyway.

_________________
Image

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [at]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 pm 
User avatar
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
HylianDev wrote:
Idk I feel like, since this isn't that big of a deal, then guesses that were confirmed at the direct (were there any, anyway?) should be checked off now. It fits with the spirit of the event: "guess what they're gonna reveal". Nintendo doing Directs kinda screws with E3 anyway.
Yeah, I could tick off "Callie shown" pretty much as she was shown to be the main antagonist in the artwork revealed at the end of the trailer.

EDIT: Spoilered as some people might consider it a spoiler

_________________
Image

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:11 pm 
User avatar
I'll see you all at 3:15!
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
HylianDev wrote:
then guesses that were confirmed at the direct (were there any, anyway?) should be checked off now.

I had new JoyCon and Pro Controller colors on my card. I'll wait t'ill we get word on where Directs stand before crossing off those my card.

 
Top
Offline 
 
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:27 pm 
User avatar
Your local psychic.
Global Moderator
[M]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
HylianDev wrote:
Idk I feel like, since this isn't that big of a deal, then guesses that were confirmed at the direct (were there any, anyway?) should be checked off now. It fits with the spirit of the event: "guess what they're gonna reveal". Nintendo doing Directs kinda screws with E3 anyway.


See and this is exactly my point.

Chaoxys wrote:
... What? So a game that has you playing Bingo with things brought up at E3 shouldn't focus on E3? I don't get your logic.


At its core this is a game all about having fun predicting what'll be revealed. Yes, I get that part of that is that it is revealed at E3, but May has a lot of E3 hype and buildup and because nobody can predict what is going to happen, having a square shot down just because the prediction came true too early is disheartening and not fun. I want to have fun playing E3 Bingo, not worry about a developer having a surprise trailer in May that is disconnected from E3 ruining my board. That's not fun, that's frustrating, and I don't want to play a game that's frustrating.

The new rule - as long as it's talked about at E3 it counts - hasn't changed anything. What if the developer puts the announcement in May and just says "welp that's enough, no E3 info for this game now." Nintendo could totally do that with Splatoon and Arms since they just had the Direct. Sucks to be you if you had Splatoon and Arms squares on your E3 Bingo board! Plus now we have even more rules for a forum game! The terms and conditions of this thing are so complicated when it could just be summed up as "make 24 squares by date X, no obvious ones, no contradicting squares, no already revealed info"

But whatever. I'm just gonna take my advice from earlier in the topic:

A smarter wiser me wrote:
And here I thought E3 Bingo was supposed to be fun and not taken too seriously


And I'll just shut up from this point on. You're never changing your mind about this so I'm not gonna bother trying anymore.

_________________
Zero Kirby, your local psychic. Check out my game reviews! Latest review: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.


scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:38 pm 
User avatar
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
Administrator
[T]
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Really it's honestly not a big deal. I'm surprised people are getting up in arms. But also I guess I'm a bit surprised that we haven't settled for lumping in the Direct with E3 yet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

_________________
Image

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
 [au]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG E3 Bingo 2017
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:31 pm 
User avatar
Not banned.
Member
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Perhaps next year (or now if you like) we settle on an "E3 Window" much like how consoles have a release window.

The window can be 1 month exactly prior to E3, you can create your bingo card on that date (or earlier), but only things that happen in the month leading to E3 and E3 itself will count, including pre-E3 announcements or trailers, and leaks within this window count ONLY if they're confirmed at E3 itself.

_________________
Image

Available for ANDROID and IOS
 
Top
Offline 
 User page at mfgg.net
 
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 87 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 


Who is online

Users browsing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group