Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 34 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Mario Kart - Blazing Wheels [FINISHED!], a 3D Mario Kart - Super Circuit Fangame
 [at]
 Post subject: Mario Kart - Blazing Wheels [FINISHED!]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:28 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]

Ladies and Gentlemen,
let me proudly present to you my probably best work yet: The demo of a 3D Fangame of the GBA game Mario Kart - Super Circuit. I spent a lot of time in it and it came out better than expected. The physics are bad and there are still some bugs in there, but aside from all these issues the game surely leaves some good mark, I hope. By now, it only contains the Mushroom Cup, but obviously there's more to come. I've never been good with words, so I'll just cut this here and get straight to the point.

Controls

Arrow Keys - Control your Kart, Select (Menu)
Space - Use Item, Confirm (Menu)
Enter - Pause
Escape - Go back to the Menu, Move a Step back (Menu)
F4 - Fullscreen/Windowed Mode
F9 - Take screenshot

Screens

Spoiler:

Videos

Spoiler:

Known Bugs

• Red Shells go nuts
  • Items can sometimes hit enemies without doing damage
  • Some hit detection issues
  • That's it I guess (and hope)

Download

Download from MediaFire!

Last edited by DJ Coco on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[id]
 Post subject: Re: Mario Kart - Blazing Wheels [DEMO]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:43 pm 
My Lovely Miku :3
[*]
[*]
[*]
Wow! Looks amazing!
I'm gonna try it right now :D

My DeviantART : http://fantasyxii.deviantart.com/
My Own Gallery Topic : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13221

My New SMB2 Princess Peach Preview :

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:02 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

While it's certainly impressive, it needs a lot of work. Kart handling is stiff and difficult to get used to - and I noticed you can't boost through sections of offroad without the controls going haywire, which I'm certain you did on purpose. I'll be totally honest - you shouldn't be using the Arrow Keys to move the kart forwards and back. This prevents being able to do things like shooting items backwards - if you plan on allowing that - or firing them forwards with reliability and without stopping. Consider adding customizable controls.

Also the Red Shells really need fixing bad. I know you said they're broken, but I fired one while in seventh and it came back and hit me. That's a little too broken.

The filesize is also quite large - 26 Megs? How'd you let it get that big?

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:13 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Controls will probably be changed, but keep in mind: This is just a fangame, not an exact replica. Therefore I will leave many features out that the original Super Circuit had. Item Backfiring might be included, though. So might be also new items. Filesize is caused by the high-quality music. Before you tell me, I will make it probably external in the future. Red Shells also will be fixed very soon. They basically work, they just don't hit the kart immediately and then run wild, making even yourself hittable. Oh, and what do you mean by the controls go haywire? They behave just like on the road when boosting.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:15 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

DJ Coco wrote:
Controls will probably be changed, but keep in mind: This is just a fangame, not an exact replica. Therefore I will leave many features out that the original Super Circuit had. Item Backfiring might be included, though. So might be also new items. Filesize is caused by the high-quality music. Before you tell me, I will make it probably external in the future. Red Shells also will be fixed very soon. They basically work, they just don't hit the kart immediately and then run wild, making even yourself hittable.

I know it's not an exact replica, just stating some oddities that I figured most people wouldn't expect.

It's still pretty good though - can't wait to see it finished!

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[id]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:15 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
I just try it. It's good, but I think you should fix the red shell, the problem is same as Zero Kirby. And you should fix the banana too. Sometime it won't cause anything. And when the player get hurted, the hurt move is so slow. Me from 1st until 8th just because I got hurt and the move so slow. you should make the hurt move more faster. Well other than that, it's amazing :D
Can't wait to see it finished !
(I'm sorry if my explaination is confusing)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:08 pm 
[*]
[*]
Don't forget that this is a demo.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:24 pm 
S̛̜̭͚̗͚̪͚̃ͯ̑̉̾̍̎O͙͈̻͖̣͍ͬͨͧO̯̮̯̠N̩̫̣͛̔
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
It's good to see a game this nice, also I like the way you used GBA graphics.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:22 pm 
[mscproductions]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

This game looks like it is trying to imitate Mario Kart Super Circuit a bit too much. Is there going to be any outstanding features?

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:21 am 
Its-a-me...
[*]
[*]
Whoa it looks awesome Mario kart game Gotta to try it

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:33 am 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
FantasyXIX wrote:
I just try it. It's good, but I think you should fix the red shell, the problem is same as Zero Kirby. And you should fix the banana too. Sometime it won't cause anything. And when the player get hurted, the hurt move is so slow. Me from 1st until 8th just because I got hurt and the move so slow. you should make the hurt move more faster. Well other than that, it's amazing :D
Can't wait to see it finished !
(I'm sorry if my explaination is confusing)

Ah yeah, right. Bananas do sometimes not hit the enemies. I don't know what causes that or how to fix it, I'm afraid :/ The time it takes when you're hurt is okay in my opinion, because with the good items you can get back forth again quickly.
MarioSonicCouncil wrote:
This game looks like it is trying to imitate Mario Kart Super Circuit a bit too much. Is there going to be any outstanding features?

I might make some custom power-ups and add the fake box from Super Circuit's Beta which was scrapped for unknown reasons. There are also two tracks in there that weren't in the original (one of which is "Shy Guy Woods" which is in the demo. The other I keep strongly secret). But other than that it's gonna be pretty similar, I'm afraid.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:44 am 
Astral Observer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Can't you make original tracks?

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:26 pm 
Needs more Custom Title Request forum.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
Filesize is caused by the high-quality music. Before you tell me, I will make it probably external in the future..

you know what else helps file size when it comes to music

compress compress COMPRESS

Super Circuit music isn't even that high quality to begin with - hell, you could remake all the music as modules, which are even lower than OGGs

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:27 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
Can't you make original tracks?

If you're offering yourself as a Super Circuit-styled spriter, great! I can't do new tracks myself, so yeah. Most Mario Kart fangames use exact replicas of the original tracks, while this one uses completely individual layouts, though. Don't overlook that.
DJ Yoshiman wrote:
DJ Coco wrote:
Filesize is caused by the high-quality music. Before you tell me, I will make it probably external in the future..

you know what else helps file size when it comes to music

compress compress COMPRESS

Super Circuit music isn't even that high quality to begin with - hell, you could remake all the music as modules, which are even lower than OGGs

If you can tell me a good way how to do that I'll do it. I know a good way how to play modules with Game Maker.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:38 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The easier method is to convert to ogg, then use super sound or sinbass or caster to import it in

PM Me if you add me!
Thanks to Mit!
Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:29 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Or you could download MIDIs of the MK:SC songs, apply better soundfonts, and convert them to Oggs, so they'll actually sound better than the originals!

This is the best Mario Kart engine I've seen, but you need to fix the holes in the road and, as mentioned earlier, I would consider tweaking the handling.

Want to help make Career Fantasy a reality? I'm still looking for sprite help and a few more compositions for the soundtrack. If you're interested, please shoot me a PM.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:31 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I got all my music in the ogg format now, but I got no clue how to play it. All the extensions and dlls I know appear to be outdated and ExAudiere crashes Game Maker when I close the game.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[id]
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:52 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Found some glitch :

1. when the 1st racer got red shell and they use it, the red shell is not moving at all. It just stay on the place with moving animation where it was released. And when it was touched, you get hurted.

2. When I got golden mushroom, I use it and it came out banana (it's rarely happen) :p

3. In Cheap - Cheap Beach, there's some road that make you fall. And when you use super mushroom and hit that trampoline thing, you jump high and can go outside of the course. In the outside part of the course, you add some of that trampoline thing again right? I hit on it and want to jump back to the inside course, but sometime it will bounce me backand won't let me out :\

4. In Yoshi Desert Course, the problem is same. You can get to outside of the course

Sorry if my explaination is confusing, but I hope it help you fix it :)

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:21 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
FantasyXIX wrote:
Found some glitch :

1. when the 1st racer got red shell and they use it, the red shell is not moving at all. It just stay on the place with moving animation where it was released. And when it was touched, you get hurted.

2. When I got golden mushroom, I use it and it came out banana (it's rarely happen) :p

3. In Cheap - Cheap Beach, there's some road that make you fall. And when you use super mushroom and hit that trampoline thing, you jump high and can go outside of the course. In the outside part of the course, you add some of that trampoline thing again right? I hit on it and want to jump back to the inside course, but sometime it will bounce me backand won't let me out :\

4. In Yoshi Desert Course, the problem is same. You can get to outside of the course

Sorry if my explaination is confusing, but I hope it help you fix it :)

1. Hm? When I use the red shell in first place it moves straight forward. I can't remember it staying where it came from.
2. I really can't explain this. This shouldn't be able to happen.
3. When you fall into the grass in the center of the course you should be able to get out easily again by using the bouncers. If you hit the blocks though, you will bounce back. I don't think this is a glitch.
4. I think I forgot the bouncers there. Thanks.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[es]
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:52 pm 
I'm just a little adorable kitty :3
[*]
[*]