MFGG Forums
WIP Super Mario Bros Zero - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Development Showcase (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WIP Super Mario Bros Zero (/showthread.php?tid=1226)

Super Mario Bros Zero - Axed Moose - 08-09-2018

[Image: Logo.png]
(super mario bros zero)
Misc info
Engine: Unity
Ganre: 2D Platformer
Sub ganres: Open world

STORY
CHAPTER 1
Anothrer peacefull day in Mushroom kingdom(bla,bla,bla) Mario, Luigi and Toad go to Peach's castle because she baked a CAKE. 
When they come to the castle suddenly (not  realy) an airship apears and a giant arm from airship grabs Peach and steals her... MarioLuigi and Toad going to rescue her like always but, Bowser apears! He tells them that Midbus was one who stole Peach and he also conquered Bowser's castle. Bowser  joins them on their quest. after some time they head to Bowser's castle, defeat Midbus and saved the Princess! But...
CHAPTER 2
GIANT SWORD FALLS FROM THE SKY! (if you've played Super Mario rpg u know what am i talking about) (This sword is Exor) Than Smithy falls down and kicks everyone away... They awakening in Bonneton where they found by Cappy  and Tiara. However Exor crushed the StarRoad to 7 pices and each of them crushed to 5 more pices... Now heroes must find all pices of StarRoad and defeat Smithy and his army! wich are fallen it area of kingdoms from super mario oddysey. After some time they restore StarRoad and face Smithy, the world is safe, everyone can finaly...(explosion)(sounds stupid, i know)
CHAPTER 3

GAMEPLAY
As i said earlier this 2D open world platformer, by the open world i mean that the whole world is like one giant level that you have to explore, find collectables and do other stuff.

PROGRESS 
at a moment i have Mario with physics and moves but he still isn't animated so i can't show it off, i aslo have Bullet bill and chomp rock but these are the most simple objects i could've create.
STUFF
WORLD
WIP:Mushroom kingdom (grassland)
GRAPHIC
Finished: BeanBean tileset and NSMBW grassland tileset
SCRIPT
WIP:Mario
SCREENSHOTS
Enerace to a mine-cave in Mushroom kingdom
[Image: Random_Screenshot_2.png]

need programmer(s), level designer(s) and graphic designer(s)

there is my logo with link, you can copy it into your signature to support me.
Code:
[url=https://forums.mfgg.net/showthread.php?tid=1226&pid=14520#pid14520][img]https://image.ibb.co/kV3Lt9/Logo.png[/img][/url]

RE: Super Mario Bros Zero - VinnyVideo - 08-10-2018

Might be a good idea to proofread your posts - and presumably the writing in your game, too. An occasional typo is OK, but if you have too many grammatical errors, your writing will be difficult to understand.

Also, I'd suggest using centered text only for titles - it's not well-suited for paragraph text.

RE: Super Mario Bros Zero - Yoshubs - 08-14-2018

This honestly just seems like a joke. It's a quick mesh together of all the Mario games which can work but, this doesn't because it isn't thought out. It's like you played half of BiS and SMRPG and then said "okay am going 2 make gam"
Games require love and effort into them and this can become something good but not in this direction.

RE: Super Mario Bros Zero - Axed Moose - 08-14-2018

(08-14-2018, 08:01 AM)Yoshubs Wrote: This honestly just seems like a joke. It's a quick mesh together of all the Mario games which can work but, this doesn't because it isn't thought out. It's like you played half of BiS and SMRPG and then said "okay am going 2 make gam"
Games require love and effort into them and this can become something good but not in this direction.
i've played entire mario&luigi3 and smrpg (also i think i shoud replace dark bowser with midbus because dark thing doesn't make any sense)
and also when you said: "this can become something good but not in this direction" you mean, making useless concepts and telling people that i'm working on something by not even having anything on my side... well you're right.
but i'm now programming mario and saying this because i think that player is one of the most important parts of the game.

RE: Super Mario Bros Zero - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 08-27-2018

game sounds fantastic
did you ever get mario animated? i'd love to see it in action

RE: Super Mario Bros Zero - Axed Moose - 08-28-2018

(08-27-2018, 11:12 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote: game sounds fantastic
this is still in very early state of development, right now i have 60% finihed Mario, some wip sprites of bullet bill along with script for him and even some very early 2.5D stuff, i'll tell more about it later, it's kinda like in Kirby’s Return to Dream Land. There's some world areas that include: generic mountains with some caves and mines, BeanBean kingdom grassland and complex sewer maze.

about animations i have some problems animator(thing that switches animations), i mean it just always plays idle.

RE: Super Mario Bros Zero - GothGirlGangBlasterMaster - 08-28-2018

(08-28-2018, 03:37 AM)Irmoadr Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 11:12 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote: game sounds fantastic
this is still in very early state of development, right now i have 60% finihed Mario, some wip sprites of bullet bill along with script for him and even some very early 2.5D stuff, i'll tell more about it later, it's kinda like in Kirby’s Return to Dream Land. There's some world areas that include: generic mountains with some caves and mines, BeanBean kingdom grassland and complex sewer maze.

about animations i have some problems animator(thing that switches animations), i mean it just always plays idle.

exciting stuff man, 2.5D gameplay is fun and relatively unexplored
you're working in unity right? are there any 2D game tutorials you can use as an example?

RE: Super Mario Bros Zero - Axed Moose - 08-28-2018

(08-27-2018, 11:12 PM)GothGirlGangBlasterMaster Wrote: exciting stuff man, 2.5D gameplay is fun and relatively unexplored
you're working in unity right? are there any 2D game tutorials you can use as an example?
Well there is some simple tutorials, but they're mostly useless because Unity itself already have detailed scripting manual for both C# and Js.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.