MFGG Forums
Yoshi is sort of bland - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Yoshi is sort of bland (/showthread.php?tid=1382)

Yoshi is sort of bland - Saltman - 10-26-2018

Am I the only one here who doesn't like Yoshi that much?

[Image: 20120328145309?path-prefix=es]

All he does is say Yoshi and his design is really plain. I don't like how cute he tries to be either, especially with that voice. It just feels forced. I would like him a lot more if he used his old SMW design and didn't speak.

He is cool as a power-up, but when compared to other awesome characters like Bowser, this guy is kind of lame.

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - Mariotroid - 10-27-2018

Most of the characters in Mario are kinda lame. It's a video game for kids.

Anyway, he is a bit lame I suppose. His appearance was weird in Super Mario World box art but that was kinda cool. He looked like a strange mysterious creature. I like weird stuff.

...ok maybe Mario isnt lame and I just like weirder things like Bomberman 64.

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - Friendly Dictator - 10-27-2018

[Image: IOr7fjz.jpg]
you better take that back salt man

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - Retriever II - 10-27-2018

Maybe, but I still like him.  Yoshi and Bowser are my favorite Mario characters.

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - Thunderbro - 10-27-2018

Yoshi is probably one of my favorite Mario characters honestly. I don't think his design is that plain, perhaps simplistic, but not plain.

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 10-27-2018

Yoshi Isn't TOO bland He's Just The Ridable Mount In the Mario Games, His Design is Creative tho.

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - Saltman - 10-27-2018

(10-27-2018, 01:12 AM)Friendly Dictator Wrote: [Image: IOr7fjz.jpg]

It sure is easy to just send your men to kill me when you're a dictator isn't it?

Come here and fight me like a man.

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - Mario - 10-27-2018

Yes you ARE the only one here who doesn't like Yoshi much. Go post on a Zelda forum if you want to post with people who Don't like Yoshi

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - СМБХфан - 10-27-2018

(10-27-2018, 12:35 AM)Mariotroid Wrote: Most of the characters in Mario are kinda lame. It's a video game for kids.

Anyway, he is a bit lame I suppose. His appearance was weird in Super Mario World box art but that was kinda cool. He looked like a strange mysterious creature. I like weird stuff.

Well, most of the site is 12 and older, so that's that. 

Honestly, even Mario himself is kinda one-dimensional. The fact that all the characters feel very 2-dimensional and static is actually a hold over from the early days of the original Super Mario Bros, where the kind of "go save the princess" excuse plot was more common place as a reason to play the game. 

Most of the time, people don't play the game for the story. They want to play the game and look for fun. Characters and story are just elements to make the player somewhat care about playing the game, as well as feeling a bit more satisfied and feeling more invincible within the game.

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - DustinVG - 10-27-2018

I like Yoshi's classic design over his more modern one, frankly.

Like... this?

[Image: 200px-Yoshi_colouring_book2.png]

This is fine and all, but this???

[Image: 200px-Yoshi_-_Nintendo_Character_Manual.png]

This is the for real deal right here.

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - SonicKade2048 - 10-27-2018

You can always come up with a new design if you don't like the original one that much. Look at how NO Body the Dragon came up with alternate creations of Yoshi in their recent mainsite sheet:
[Image: unknown.png] [Image: unknown.png] [Image: unknown.png] [Image: unknown.png]
[Image: unknown.png] [Image: unknown.png] [Image: unknown.png] [Image: unknown.png]

These are based on the SMW variant of Yoshi, but you can still add some creativity of your own into how Yoshi himself looks.

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - Evil Yoshi Toes - 10-27-2018

Yoshi is great leave him alone

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - fireball3k - 10-27-2018

(10-27-2018, 01:12 AM)Friendly Dictator Wrote: [Image: IOr7fjz.jpg]

this is your brain on drugs

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - Mariotroid - 10-28-2018

(10-27-2018, 12:35 PM)SMBXFan Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 12:35 AM)Mariotroid Wrote: Most of the characters in Mario are kinda lame. It's a video game for kids.

Well, most of the site is 12 and older, so that's that. 

Honestly, even Mario himself is kinda one-dimensional. The fact that all the characters feel very 2-dimensional and static is actually a hold over from the early days of the original Super Mario Bros, where the kind of "go save the princess" excuse plot was more common place as a reason to play the game. 

Most of the time, people don't play the game for the story. They want to play the game and look for fun. Characters and story are just elements to make the player somewhat care about playing the game, as well as feeling a bit more satisfied and feeling more invincible within the game.
Dude... you have knowledge about Mario. Want to help write the story of my game sometime?

Yoshi is the most one dimensional character in Mario. He uses one word only. Mario doesnt talk but at least he has missions and some character.

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - Friendly Dictator - 10-28-2018

mario is a two dimensional character in some games (super mario brothers three) and three dimensional in other games (super mario sixty 4) not hard to understand

RE: Yoshi is sort of bland - Retriever II - 10-28-2018

Mario has no dimension at all.  That's intentional and why he's so infinitely malleable.

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.