MFGG Forums
(Princess) Peach Multiverse - Printable Version

+- MFGG Forums (https://forums.mfgg.net)
+-- Forum: MFGG (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Developer Discussion (https://forums.mfgg.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: (Princess) Peach Multiverse (/showthread.php?tid=1662)

Pages: 1 2

(Princess) Peach Multiverse - Princess Peach - 02-22-2019

Now, I know there's already a game out there named Mario Multiverse. But I've actually just thought about making a similar game using the core Super Princess Peach engine and mechanics - and tacking on a lot of extra more.

Yes, you've got the basic core mechanical gist of Super Princess Peach, with all four Vibes Included (Joy, Gloom, Rage, Calm), Perry Included and whatever moves (Floatbrella, Poundbrella, Chargebrella, etc. ...), he's got along the way, along with such as slide-kicking and (yes) sliding.
But this game will have a lot more than that - and I mean that the majority of, if not all this stuff in the game, will actually in fact be part of my Princess Peach franchise that I plan to get licensed by Nintendo (or something) eventually. You've got vehicles as motorcycles, airplanes, helicopters, U.F.O's, tanks, Burner tanks, Skewer (Spikepillar) tanks, etc. etc. etc. ... ...

To put the rest of it all simply, this game will take some of the most basic core mechanics of previous Mario Multiverse possible and put it into the SPP engine playset, along with, of course, like its predictor, MMu, and its originator, Mario Maker; a lot a unique features exclusive specifically to this game.

Since I'm too tired right now, here are some concept images I plan on using in the (eventual) final game; here you go:
[Image: Castle-Level-Concept.png]
The 3 Little Princesses style, all in its cartoon-ish, silly goofy glory in PMu. (However, please keep in mind that this is not the final image - it is a Work-In-Progress; that'll be done later. ^-^
<3)

[Image: Peach_Before_Mario_Airship.png]
Were you ever aware that they're actually a Peach Arcade theme to this game? Yes! there is! We see our fair parkour-kickin' princess ontop an airship, fighting her way through cannons and hot lips (Burners) galore!

[Image: Peach_Before_Mario_City_Stage_1.png]
Ooh! It's a nice, beautiful, giant city! Though I can't help but wonder if the prospering city is actually accruing more weapons than people. ...

[Image: Peach_Before_Mario_City_Stage_1.png]There's a version of it that has much deeper design and frankly weirder innovation to its construction design.

[Image: Neutral.png]
Neutral Emotion! Nice to start off without being moody when you're just getting into motion!

[Image: Done_For..._-sniffle-.png]
OKAY. An arcadegoer, especially a child, would have probably considered this a crying shame; I just lost. ... T^T

Now, here is a representation of the 'Airship' Tanks and such that will come into the game:
[Image: Operatable_Airship_Tanks_Concept_V-_W-_Peach.png]
Now there's three, and in the meantime, the rest of the project (and innovation of mobile artillery weaponry) has moved forward too.
Yes, really, it did. ^-^

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - VinnyVideo - 02-23-2019

An interesting concept. We haven't had a lot of Peach-based fangames (or official games, for that matter), so there's a lot of fun things you could with this.

Feel free to share concept art or screenshots here - we'd love to see what you're working on.

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Princess Peach - 02-23-2019

I actually have other ideas for Game Styles that I plan on incorporating into the game itself:
  • First, the alternative operating systems:
  • Arcade Before Mario (Reminiscent of Donkey Kong 1-3 and Mario Bros. styles, among other non-Nintendo content back then.)
  • Commodore 64/128
  • ZX Spectrum
  • DOS MSX
  • Macintosh 128K
  • Windows 1.0
  • Apple II

• Then there's those from visual media as film and comic:
  • Super Mario Bros. Super Show/SMB3/SMW (TV)
  • 3 Little Princesses (As mentioned earlier)
  • Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach (Movie)
  • Super Mario Bros. (1994 Film)
  • Super Mario Adventures
  • Super Mario Nintendo Power
  • Rio

• Now, here's some for styles across other Mario games, particularly the older ones.
  • Super Mario Bros. (Original NES game style - custom SPP-esque sprites by other user used.)
  • New Super Mario Bros. General (Wii and U only.)
  • New Super Mario Bros. DS (Specifically because I like the low-poly style.)
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Similar Circumstances Here.)
  • Mario Party 1-3
  • Super Mario 64
  • Super Mario 64 DS
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong (Both 1 and 2 and post-2 titles are included.)
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Mario's Early Years
  • Super Mario Odyssey

• And furthermore, here are some styles that span across different, particularly non-Nintendo games, particularly those in the Mobile space:
  • Super Cat Tales (Both 1 and 2 are technically included.)
  • Catbird
  • Super Phantom Cat
  • Clash of Clans/Clash Royale
  • Flappy Bird
  • Candy Crush Saga
  • Candy Swipe (Yes, the original title that inspired the last above title.)
  • Jetpack Joyride
  • Temple Run
Wait! There's more! Stay tuned!

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Evil Yoshi Toes - 02-23-2019

This sounds like an interesting project, and a big one too. Is the image you shared of actual in-game graphics or is it just a mockup image?

(02-23-2019, 05:48 PM)Evil Yoshi Toes Wrote: This sounds like an interesting project, and a big one too. Is the image you shared of actual in-game graphics or is it just a mockup image?

Mockup - it's not even trying to be subtle as one. lol

Oh, and also, I've even gone as far as having thought about 'devising' some music for it - using an actual existing song by another user that I thought sounded, literally perfectly, cool, and placing that into the stage theme's theme music: here you go too - this is the exact song for it. Enjoy: ^_^
(♪) New Super Mario Bros. DS: Castle Theme (Touhou Remastered)
Now, this is technically a mockup song, so it can change at some point during development. jlyk.

P.S.: Not to be rude or anything, but I couldn't figure out how to make a spoiler when I mentioned that along with the potentially suggestive image just a little earlier. If you could teach me how, thanks for the time and help (spent). lol

*jlyk = Just Letting You Know

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - VinnyVideo - 02-23-2019

Here's another way.

Here's the actual BBCode:

Code:
[spoiler]Here's one way to mark a spoiler.[/spoiler]

[ispoiler]Here's another way.[/ispoiler]

Also, there's nothing wrong with making a game that alludes to a fan comic that includes brief language. If you're actually submitting the game to the mainsite, it could get declined if it includes strong language, but what you're doing sounds totally OK.

(02-23-2019, 10:15 PM)VinnyVideo Wrote:
Here's another way.

Here's the actual BBCode:
Code:
[spoiler]Here's one way to mark a spoiler.[/spoiler][ispoiler]Here's another way.[/ispoiler]

Also, there's nothing wrong with making a game that alludes to a fan comic that includes brief language. If you're actually submitting the game to the mainsite, it could get declined if it includes strong language, but what you're doing sounds totally OK. 
I forgot to mention that the 3LP Theme itself will, of course, have no suggestive language at all, as is obviously to this fangame itself. That factor's actually obvious to the entire fangame itself, but I'm sorry if I misled you, and I hope you now do understand it. ^_^

Also: Thank you for the spoiler instructions. <3

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - OssieTheOstrich - 02-25-2019

I'm actually pretty interested in seeing a Super Princess Peach type game, excited on seeing it out of it's mockup stage!

Though to be honest, you probably should stick to a few art styles, as using too many would not be a good idea since you'd have to code all that animations of each style.

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Princess Peach - 02-25-2019

(02-25-2019, 12:14 AM)¿OssieOstrich101? Wrote: I'm actually pretty interested in seeing a Super Princess Peach type game, excited on seeing it out of it's mockup stage! Thanks!

Though to be honest, you probably should stick to a few art styles, as using too many would not be a good idea since you'd have to code all that animations of each style. Although admittedly that would indeed be the case, I personally don't consider that true - of course that many art styles would be infeasible to code in, at least all of that at once into the full game. I've actually already covered a way around it: Instead, I'd just create one large set for the game's release, and then add more of such as the game gets updated.
Replies in Bold.

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - OssieTheOstrich - 02-25-2019

(02-25-2019, 06:36 AM)PriPeachFranchiseSupporter1337 Wrote: I've actually already covered a way around it: Instead, I'd just create one large set for the game's release, and then add more of such as the game gets updated.

How are you going to add updates to the game? Unless your game making software has the ability to give updates to your game via patches, then you'd have to export newer versions of the game, which would not be fun.

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Princess Peach - 02-25-2019

(02-25-2019, 09:13 AM)¿OssieOstrich101? Wrote:
(02-25-2019, 06:36 AM)PriPeachFranchiseSupporter1337 Wrote: I've actually already covered a way around it: Instead, I'd just create one large set for the game's release, and then add more of such as the game gets updated.

How are you going to add updates to the game? Unless your game making software has the ability to give updates to your game via patches, then you'd have to export newer versions of the game, which would not be fun.  
I don't mind the time it would take to wait on the export process and replace the game with the newer version, but I'm probably missing a key detail that would make that more difficult as mentioned. lol
But even so, that would be assuming I'm coding it from scratch and that the original Mario Multiverse was developed in the same way, such as C++; I'd probably use something like Construct 3 (which is in fact what I plan on using to make the game right now as of 2/25/19) or GameMaker Studio 2, which should probably make the process decisively easier than from scratch obviously.

But thanks for the heads-up anyway.

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 03-29-2019

(02-23-2019, 05:34 PM)Princess Peach Wrote: And furthermore, here are some styles that span across different, particularly non-Nintendo games, particularly those in the Mobile space:
  • Catbird
  • Super Phantom Cat
  • Flappy Bird
  • Candy Crush Saga
  • Jetpack Joyride
  • Temple Run

Awwwwww, No Vehicles or Angry Birds?

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Princess Peach - 03-29-2019

(03-29-2019, 01:03 AM)Slug101 Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 05:34 PM)Princess Peach Wrote: And furthermore, here are some styles that span across different, particularly non-Nintendo games, particularly those in the Mobile space:
  • Catbird
  • Super Phantom Cat
  • Flappy Bird
  • Candy Crush Saga
  • Jetpack Joyride
  • Temple Run

Awwwwww, No Vehicles or Angry Birds? 
Allllright. That'll be included soon. Smile

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Princess Peach - 05-08-2019

Edit: My bad, I actually was going for Unity, since the transition from 2D to 3D and back with certain gamestyles such as Odyssey, SPP, and Mario Party 3/4/8-10 (all of these being rough examples only) would be much easier and much more simplified that way.

Hey, everyone, I've decided to make an update: I've decided to get people to work on the project with me, especially since I've found out I'm obviously not really equipped to do coding, at least not now. I need programmers, more graphics artists, sound designers, and the like. And I'll be the one making graphics if I DID need at least some sort of substantial role in the project. lol

As for the game engine, since GMS is so popular, let's go with that. (actually, Unity.) Again, I'll be needing programmers to work on the coding of the project for me.

I'll be providing the concepts, more of them specifically, shortly, so that we can at least have a rough idea of how the game is going to work and be developed, so please stay tuned.

Edit: I've come to a final decision. Since I'd prefer Godot for any other project atm, and since I've decided to do all the work of coding, graphics, etc., myself at the moment, based on others' suggestions, I'll stick with those. Also, I've learned you can still do 2D in 3D, and vice versa, 3D in 2D (technically), some time ago, so that's a huge relief for the "3D" styles for me.

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Great Destination Tracks 3 - 09-26-2019

Well, ANY TIME NOW, Peach

Were are you?

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Nutshell - 09-26-2019

It's really nice to see a fangame inspired by one of the most unique Nintendo DS platformers!
The concepts are extremely promising, can't wait to see more!

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Princess Peach - 11-25-2019

I do apologize for the recent inactivity (well, really, a pretty long time; just over 4 months, to be exact) as of late, but finally, here's an announcement: I'll certainly get started on the project starting tomorrow. In fact, I was originally going to focus on my new sprite animation, Mario's Girls (inspired by FreezeFlame's Bowser's Children) on YT, three days in a row, from Monday to Wednesday, according to the original schedule. But it's become pretty clear I'm not focusing terribly too much on game contents, which was one of if not the primary point behind Nimio. Normally, I wouldn't explain such a thing in an effort to save time, but some of you may be wondering about what I'm talking about at this point, so I'll make this quick:

Nimio is basically my version of Nintendo, providing my own version of Nintendo's usual products, such as Mario, Zelda, and Kirby. Just like how TOSE or Intelligent Studios would do it themselves. More importantly, however, is how I would consider this name to be a generic name for Nintendo - it's of course inspired by the company names Namco and Nintendo combined, among other things, but it's better considered a generic name for legal reasons.

Anyways, I've figured I'd better focus on actually creating games for the same reasons mentioned again earlier, and Princess Peach Multiverse seems to be a good fit for a first real game, since it is one of my biggest ideas and I've figured it shouldn't be too bad as a first game, especially considering how one might have a say that a smaller Princess Peach platformer builder project would be easier than PPM. lol. Therefore, I'll focus on PPM on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with Tuesday being focused on Mario's Girls - the only slot for this current schedule besides PPM - I have Thanksgiving (obviously) on Thursday, so I've decided to take the day off then, as per usual with this kind of schedule.

I'll try to focus on the Godot engine, since I'd much prefer completely free programs with nothing paid, ever. But if things look bleak for my coding and other skills on the project in Godot, I'll move it over to Construct 3 in the hopes I'll have better luck with it. I'll even possibly still do Construct 3 projects as prototypes for the project, but as stated before, that's only something I'll have to consider for myself. Hopefully, I can get a prototype out (playable or not) by Friday.

Therefore, the Princess Peach Multiverse project will officially begin (hopefully) effective November 25th, 2019. Please stay tuned for more updates.

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Clobbah - 11-27-2019

(05-08-2019, 10:11 AM)Princess Peach Wrote: Again, I'll be needing programmers to work on the coding of the project for me.

You can’t just get people to program a fan game for you while you just tell them what to do. That mentality is how fan games die.

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Princess Peach - 11-28-2019

(11-27-2019, 09:32 AM)Clobbah Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 10:11 AM)Princess Peach Wrote: Again, I'll be needing programmers to work on the coding of the project for me.

You can’t just get people to program a fan game for you while you just tell them what to do. That mentality is how fan games die.

I've actually decided to program the game myself starting with me. I'll admit I was a little bit lazy, and I do regret this decision pretty much. I've only worked on the project for a few days now, and already, I've made real progress. Sorry for what I've considered - I'll in fact even edit the message later on to cut all this stuff out and explain my new plan.

In fact, again, I'll work on the project and do all the necessary work myself, and then maybe bring new people along to the project if I could use them. In fact, I've actually already decided it would be nice for that to happen, so anyone who's interested, I'm happy for them to work on the project with me. Of course, I'll be in main control of the project, doing much of it, of course; the people are just here on the project to help me out.

RE: (Princess) Peach Multiverse - Princess Peach - 11-29-2019

Exciting news. I'm just wrapping up the first prototype(s) of Princess Peach Multiverse; I'm almost done with them. I've just started working on the MVP (Minimum Viable Product) for this game as a whole, and I've already made substantial progress on it.

I'll hopefully upload the first playable prototype featuring all of Peach's core moves in PPMV effective Friday (this) evening, 8:00PM EST. This prototype won't really feature anything interactive, at least not besides Peach. But it WILL feature the basic core controls and moves of the game itself.

Normally, I wouldn't list them, since you probably don't and shouldn't have to know them, but since I should state the obvious, here they are anyways:
  • Running ("Normal" walking in original SPP)
  • Jumping
  • Sliding
  • Striking (The word for "striking" with Perry the Parasol (or maybe any other if provided in the future), hence the term "strike")
  • As an extra and exception, Peach technically stands up in this demo after sliding. Although I was trying to avoid any extra moves during development of the MVP, I'll make an exception with sliding, since it's part of the outer cores of the game, and it works perfectly in tying in with the rest of the core game anyways. No bugs or glitches.
One more thing: I've just created a WordPress blog on PPMV's development yesterday. I'll try to get the first post up about the first prototype at 8:00 PM at the earliest. The same time and date as the playable prototype launch. (I say earliest; I can't guarantee at all this first time around that I'll be able to do it then. I'll let y'all know if I can't do it if it comes up.) Once that's done, I'll provide y'all the link to the blog as well as the prototype itself directly on the site itself. I'll also provide the editable Godot project file(s) for y'all to check out yourselves if you wish to examine it. Oh, and it's also there for other Godot users to contribute to the project. Cool, huh. Cool

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.